It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I be allowed to eat you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'll volunteer.

Eat me.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'll volunteer.

Eat me.

I was just going to let them lick the bone.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Charged with murder? If you kill them to eat them, yes. That's murder. If they die and you have no other food source, and its agreed by all parties left....its up to them and that decision.

If I was one who died...I would care if you eat me or not, but I wouldn't. Tough old bird n hard to chew.......

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'll volunteer.

Eat me.
Wabbits dont count!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Charged with murder? If you kill them to eat them, yes. That's murder. If they die and you have no other food source, and its agreed by all parties left....its up to them and that decision.

If I was one who died...I would care if you eat me or not, but I wouldn't. Tough old bird n hard to chew.......

As in the op, the guy that got eaten was already on his way out, and they realized it would be more nourishing if they could get his blood, so they bled him while his heart was still pumping, so, if he's obviously going to die, and he's unconcious, is that ok?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think I would starve to death before I ate another human, however I have never been put in that situation so I can't say definitively if I would or wouldn't.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

FYI -

In 1838, Edgar Allan Poe published The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket. The novel includes the tale of four men stranded at sea after their ship sank. Desperate, the men kill and eat a cabin boy named Richard Parker.

Forty-six years later, a ship called Mignonette suffered the same fate. The four starving survivors killed and ate the cabin boy whose real name was -you guessed it- Richard Parker.

edit on 24-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You have too much time to think about # like this.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Because I may not be as young and healthy as others, I would be picked for the sacrifice. Why wouldn't my life matter as much as anyone else's?

If a person is dead already then I say eat the body to survive. To have to sacrifice another living being is a true horror.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sure you should be allowed to eat me as long as you don't mind fighting for your food. I figure a .50 cal to the head would regulate that appetite real fast.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

We would need to eat the volunteers first if any.

Then the sick depending on what they are sick with.

Then to save the children we would have to kill ALL the males except for 2-3 and maybe leave 5-6 females. If we get any men on board who are better suited to care for the children then they take a less capable womans place.

Thats how I would do it. Start slow, then just kill off all the males with the exception of a few. If its cold freeze the meat. If its warm get salt from the ocean and preserve the meat in salt and smoke it for good measure.

Males would pose the greatest threat. You cant let a grown ass man that is starving eye a kid for too long. It takes a special sort of person to ignore his own urge for survival and his fear of death. Females would have to be reduced as well, though their ability to care for any children would help their situation.

Though we wouldnt need more than 3 males for a group of 20 children and adults for manual labor, and a group of 5 females for the same size group of children and adults.

If there are no children...then I dont know.

I would volunteer to be eaten if the group was solid enough to survive. If there are any threats to the group I would kill them off for the sake of everyone`s survival. Then you can eat us all.

I dont care. I will just get a new body anyways when I am born again.

edit on 4 24 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Damn! No, I don't want to eat anybody and I don't want to be eaten!

Mostly I don't want to be caught out with any of y'all when you're super hungry! lol!

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Having been actually and truly hungry before, I cannot say for certain what I am capable of eating to preserve my own life; I can only attest to what I hope I would do. And not do.

Therefore, I find it a really difficult notion -- the thought of creating legislation for the purpose of pre-judging such a situation. I'm afraid I would have to recuse myself from that jury.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha

Sorry I just couldn't resist.

Well played sir. Well played.

TEP

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Self preservation trumps any law they can make. Humans do some down right wicked # when the chips are down.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The person would have to have been eating organic food and a vegetarian before I would eat them. Also they could never have used soap or aftershave or deoderants and not have taken any medications.

I guess I am saying that unless there is an organic eating vegan who never showers or puts any sort of makeup on board the ship, I will starve.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Do you think we should be charged with murder if we do?

If you kill someone to eat them then you should be charged with murder. I don't care about the circumstances if you kill them then you murdered them at least have the decency to wait for a person to starve to death before eating them.
I agree! If you're that hungry, cut off your own fingers/toes and ingest them to tide you over until help arrives. Don't expect someone else to die so that you can live. That's just ridiculously selfish. Eat your own self, lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Laws are a rather lofty ideal to strive for when Mazlows Hierarchy completely breaks down. I hold no one accountable for a survival situation.

That said....if HMS ATS were going down, i'd totally eat Beezzer first. I love me some Cacciatori.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

The strong choose the weak, the rich choose the poor, if they draw lots it may be different, I personally hope i would chose to die first.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Also based on a true story, Alive tells the tale of a team of Uruguayan rugby players whose flight crashes in the Andes, and their fight to remain alive in the snowy and remote conditions. Mostly, the film is a battle for food, and the team notoriously had to eat the human casualties of the flight in order to live.

On a serious note, I train people in survival-at-sea methods and the human "will to live" is an amazing phenomena.......we are a very resilient species.

Would you want to see your loved ones again, or would you give up the ghost?

I think you would be quite surprised as to what you would do - come crunch time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join