It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra Light Penne for ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

This time I wanted to create a pasta dish option without a heavy sauce, something more delicate but simple. Also trying to use raw ingredients. No need cheese or meat (but maybe some white wine). You'll love it.

The Main Ingredients :

Penne (Pasta), knob celery, carots, green and yellow lemon, jalapenos, shallots, dry tomatoes, fennel and some broccoli I wanted to salvage from the fridge (hate to waste food).

- Grate the knob celery and the carots. Zest the green lemon.
- Chop the shallots, dry tomatoes, fennel and jalapenos. Also chop finely the fennel leaves.
- Cook the pasta (add olive oil and salt to the boiling water for the pasta).
- Cook the broccoli (don't let it boil to avoid overcook).

Once you got all done, just mix it nicely. Add the juice of the yellow lemon, sesame oil, soy sauce and salt. ENJOY !

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Looks delish! I get so tired of pasta and tomato sauce. This does look light and appetizing. Knob celery is new to me. Does it taste the same as celery, and what about its texture?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I just can't compare knob celery flavor with something else, but it doesn't taste like celery. It's delicious. You also can grate it and prepare it like coleslaw with mayo.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Is knob celery the same as celery root? If so the taste is a mellower celery.. not so much bitterness when cooked.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

Yes, it's the same.

Celeriac (Apium graveolens var. rapaceum), also called turnip-rooted celery[3] or knob celery, is a variety of celery cultivated for its edible roots, hypocotyl, and shoots. It is sometimes called celery root.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i dig celery root.

I presume the "green lemon" is a lime? Or an actual unripened lemon? LOL...i don't think tere is a lemon tree for at least 700 miles.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i dig celery root.

I presume the "green lemon" is a lime? Or an actual unripened lemon? LOL...i don't think tere is a lemon tree for at least 700 miles.

Yes, it is a lime. Sorry, sometimes I go by my cultural origins and get lost in translation.

top topics

join