It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Aykroyd tells HuffPost Show hosts he has seen four UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't know if it's true but I hear tale that he bought up all the photos of the O'Hare UFO and refuses to release them. I don't know if he wished to make another "documentary" or what but I have always felt that if he did purchase photos, he needs to give at least a teaser.

Yea, in one documentary he was in he went into his preteen experience with a UFO, telling the story while smoking a cigarette.

But how can you not like the surviving Blues Brother telling stories of UFO's? How cool is that?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Well I must admit that I hesitate to post this here but I am doing it anyway because people need to know this and when a man as accomplished and as smart as Dan Aykroyd obliviously is says point blank what he has seen, how can someone not at least listen to him?

Why would you hesitate to post this here?

Don't you realize social shaming and engaging one's fear of social ostracization are classic disinformation techniques? If someone brings up valid criticisms, fine; but if they start any of those techniques or use words like "fantasy" or "delusion" call them out on it, they have no right to do so as it is against the T&C's of ATS, being rude, and they could be a disinformation agent. They are legion on the internet in this economy.
edit on 23-4-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Well I must admit that I hesitate to post this here but I am doing it anyway because people need to know this and when a man as accomplished and as smart as Dan Aykroyd obliviously is says point blank what he has seen, how can someone not at least listen to him?

Don't you realize social shaming and engaging one's fear of social ostracization are classic disinformation techniques? If someone brings up valid criticisms, fine; but if they start any of those techniques or use words like "fantasy" or "delusion" call them out on it, they have no right to do so as it is against the T&C's of ATS, being rude, and they could be a disinformation agent. They are legion on the internet in this economy.

I wonder what a job as a disinformation agent pays?

Probably a lot more than telling the truth about UFOS, that's for sure.

I was lucky enough to see the original Blues Brothers live in concert, July 4,1980. They were great, Belushi doing back somersaults, it was a great show. He was dead a year and a half later, tragically.

Ackroyd is great, and god bless him for getting the truth out there. Richard Belzer, too.
edit on 23-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
For a guy that is always in videos, where's the pics/videos of the UFOs?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread OP.

Made my day. Mr. Aykroyd is a favorite, and a huge advocate of the UFO phenomenon.

It wouldn't be right not to have a thread up about the recent interview.

CdT

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Great thread op! Its getting more and more difficult for debunkers to continue to deny that this is a real phenomenon..

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
He actually has a pretty good documentary on Netflix concerning UFOs. I can't recall the name of it... And never mind. Google is my friend.

Here is the same documentary of YouTube -

Like the others here... I really like Dan and the documentary isn't all that bad. He smokes... A lot during so be prepared for clouds to waft across the screen while he is waxing on about his experiences. He comes across a really intelligent guy IMO. I was amazed to find out that he was a believer when I first ran across the video.

This

Worth checking out if someone hasn't already.

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I say Dan should get himself an account here at ATS and converse with some like minded folks like us.

Or be invited. If anyone in contact with him or even the

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I really enjoyed his documentary on Netflix.

I have seen several UFO's myself!

S&F

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's great that Dan is set to purpose in regard to the UFO phenomenon, but ultimately society will never fully embrace the truth until these craft show up in mass over major cities in the bright of day. I've had my own UFO experiences and cannot convince close friends & family even though I'm not prone to bull dookie, so how are people like that to be convinced by accounts of strangers? Even I have difficulty believing many accounts for various reasons and I KNOW we are being visited.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LowTechRedneck

It's great that Dan is set to purpose in regard to the UFO phenomenon, but ultimately society will never fully embrace the truth until these craft show up in mass over major cities in the bright of day. I've had my own UFO experiences and cannot convince close friends & family even though I'm not prone to bull dookie, so how are people like that to be convinced by accounts of strangers? Even I have difficulty believing many accounts for various reasons and I KNOW we are being visited.

So do your part to convince people. That may be what they expect of you, and why they revealed themselves to you.

Minds are changed one at a time, not all at once.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

I should not have, but sadly I underestimated ATS somewhat here and was slightly worried that this thread would take a more negative bend. I am very happy that it did not and I thank everyone who has replied. My faith in common damn sense has been restored a little!!

It is a great topic in general, but it does get very strange sometimes and that may be why many people will not relate what they have experienced in sightings involving more than just things seen briefly in the skies. It is defiantly understandable and perhaps even smart in most cases. Except of course on ATS. I am also very glad that this is slowly changing elsewhere also.

edit on 24-4-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude
Great thread op! Its getting more and more difficult for debunkers to continue to deny that this is a real phenomenon..

Are you familiar with his story of getting that 3 AM dream message from a UFO to come outside and see it, but he didn't, even though thousands of others got the same message and did? Do you believe it happened the way he describes?

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Well if that happened back in 2004 - then I got the message - I was just in the barracks and couldn't go outside if I'd wanted. Basic training is minimum security prison that issues guns. But for a series of days in training, I'd wake up at 3:00 A.M. on the dot with that prickly sensation one sometimes gets. I really did want to go outside to star gaze, but I wanted a Drill Sergeant in my ear even less!

Anyhow, I've had that compulsion, to go outside and look up as though something was prodding me to - many times throughout my life. More often than not, I don't see anything, but on a rare occasion I do see something odd.

So I for one, yes, do believe Mr. Aykroyd's experience happened the way he described it. Now as to how we (collectively) are perceiving and conceptualizing this phenomenon - eh that all up in the air, imo. The truth may be more shocking than the narrative verbose we use to make sense of the paranormal.

CdT

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
a reply to: JimOberg

Well if that happened back in 2004 - then I got the message - I was just in the barracks and couldn't go outside if I'd wanted. Basic training is minimum security prison that issues guns. But for a series of days in training, I'd wake up at 3:00 A.M. on the dot with that prickly sensation one sometimes gets. I really did want to go outside to star gaze, but I wanted a Drill Sergeant in my ear even less!

Anyhow, I've had that compulsion, to go outside and look up as though something was prodding me to - many times throughout my life. More often than not, I don't see anything, but on a rare occasion I do see something odd.

So I for one, yes, do believe Mr. Aykroyd's experience happened the way he described it. Now as to how we (collectively) are perceiving and conceptualizing this phenomenon - eh that all up in the air, imo. The truth may be more shocking than the narrative verbose we use to make sense of the paranormal.

Thanks for sharing the story. I'm figuring he was referring to the 1986 case of the Japanese spiral-shaped rocket fuel dump, but Aykroyd wasn't specific enough to nail it down -- or make it verifiable, either. As is often the case, alas.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You better believe it.

The dude is in Cone Heads... So I'm sure he knows very well what is the difference between movie magic and something that's totally real.

I like him.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If people want to see UFOs, then once again, keep looking in the direction of Alpha Draconis. I'm not sure if you can actually see anything, but the Reptilian Invasion will be coming from that direction.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Another way to see UFOs is to simply go to these Grey bases. The Greys are actually not invisible(remember that they are simply future versions of ourselves, albeit one where you could say we have gone down the dark path.) They can be bombed, which is what the Russians did with the Grey base in Olekminsk. If you don't want to fight them with guns, then you can do so with bombs, albeit I don't know if the U.S government would want to do it.

Dulce, New Mexico
Sedona, Arizona
Page, Arizona
Blanca Peak, Colorado
Little Cottonwood Canyon, Utah (encompasses the entire Salt Lake City area)
Athens, Texas
Mercury, Nevada
Deep Springs, California
Tehachapi Mountains, California
Carthage, Missouri
Greenup, Kentucky
Alice Springs, Australia

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Aquariusdude

Are you familiar with his story of getting that 3 AM dream message from a UFO to come outside and see it, but he didn't, even though thousands of others got the same message and did? Do you believe it happened the way he describes?

Jim, are you asking if we think Dan Ackroyd is lying about UFOs?

My answer is a resounding "NO".

Now ask me the same question about you.

Folks, if you aren't familiar with Jim Oberg, he is deeply involved with CSICOP, which is an organization determined to cover up and deny evidence of UFOs alien contact, and alien abduction.

CSICOP Is constantly being charged with underhanded tactics, fraudulent data, hiding evidence, rigging tests to guarantee a failure, etc. And these charges even come from the founding members of CSICOP itself, who quit in protest of their tactics.

Last I heard, CSICOP was being sued by the Discovery Channel, for rigging a test on a woman with psychic abilities, to guarantee she would fail.

Don't take my word for any of this, of course, look into it yourselves, just wiki CSICOP.

So bear that in mind when Jim starts talking about UFOs and aliens. If I am mistaken, perhaps he is willing to provide evidence to the contrary.
edit on 24-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

You do realize that people can have beliefs and be mistaken. Including you. We are all people. Just chill with all the hating and accusations.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Scdfa

You do realize that people can have beliefs and be mistaken. Including you. We are all people. Just chill with all the hating and accusations.

Watch your own unfounded accusations, please. There is no hate in my heart, just a deep love of the truth.

If you have any evidence that CSICOP has not been accused of these underhanded practices by its own founding members , please present it.
edit on 24-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join