It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Xbox One controller?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I want to get a new Xbox One controller because the RB button failed. I think it's because I dropped it this one time. I also kinda hate the over all feel of it.

Sometimes I feel I would rather use my good old 360 controller on my Xbox one but sadily they denied us backwards compatibility almost entirely on the Xbox One. I get 360 games not being compatable with the One but why would 360 controllers not be backwards compatable?

Here's what I hate about the Xbox One controller:
1) Feels very cheaply made.
2) Buttons feel sluggish and occasionally unresponsive.
3) Triggers are to over sensitive.
4) Sticks are over sensitive.
5) D pad feels very cheap and to clicky.
6) Hard to take apart to make repairs.
7) STILL uses AA batteries.
8) Takes longer than I'd like to turn on & off.

Is there any 3rd party controllers out there that are better than the stock controllers? Also is there an adapter out there that allows the use of 360 controllers on the One? Since Microsoft sucks at hardware on its gaming console now, I think a 3rd party controller company can do a better job.

Honestly I've had better 3rd party 360 controllers that felt better and were better quality than the One controller. I wish Microsoft would release an updated improved One controller because even the people who fix them under the warranty hate working on them and end up sending the coustomer a new one.

edit on 22-4-2015 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: paranormal78

Good News Microsoft Agrees With YOU AND Will Be Relaunching A New Controller SPECIFICALLY FOR gamers. There are other controllers like eye candy makes one but if you want to use a headset. The third party controllers don't have it.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Steam Controller

Not quite out yet.

As for your Xbone remote, have you updated the firmware on it via your console yet? Mine were acting pretty sluggish as well until I did the update earlier this month and it's solved a lot of my problems. Less power draw, better response times, no more really long startup/shut down process.

I don't know of any 3rd party controllers worth buying except the one I linked above.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Your problem is the name on the controller. It's supposed to have a PlayStation symbol. Silly kids.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I agree with you. On xbox 360 I was amazing at destiny but now 2 months in on xbox one and I still haven't got used to the over sensitivity of the thumb sticks and triggers. But as a previous poster has said they will release a new better controller lol I bet this was there plan all along to make more money. Gaming is getting ridiculously expensive.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You will get better controllers over time.

I personally like the feel of my xb1 controller, but I am easily appeased.

One suggestion is to update the software on the controllers after you buy them.
Mine was sluggish until I did a recent update, then it responded much better.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Good to know Microsoft is finaly doing something about its horrible controller for the Xbox One. Also forgot to mention I don't really like what they did with the RB/LB buttons. It feels a bit aquard compared to the 360 RB/LB. not to mention the poor quality of those buttons. They are usualy the first buttons to crap out for most One users. I've heard allot of people saying their RB/LB buttons gave out after only a few months.

I saw that 3rd party controller (seems like the only 3rd party controller out there for the one) and I am a little disappointed they didn't include a headset input for that model. But I love the fact it's wired because the AA battery life kinda sucks compared to 360 controllers.

Also I wish sometimes I can use my PS3 controller on the One (yes I have both because I hate console wars) I also plan on getting a PS4 when I get the money. I usualy get an Xbox & a playstation so I can get all the games I like for both. There's also some pretty awesome games coming out for PS4 pretty soon.
edit on 22-4-2015 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have a scuff controller which is pretty awesome.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You should check out this neat little device.

Titan One. Allows any controller to be used with your console

www.consoletuner.com...

top topics

join