It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe weather outbreaks 2015/2018

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Potential for destructive weather in Ohio Valley and parts of the South. It is a busy travel day for a lot of folks.
I think I heard that AAA says there will be 100,000,000 people traveling in the air and on the ground. Geez!

Weather.com

I remember the tennessee tornado outbreak in 2002. It was rough! We lost 9 folks here in our area alone...

Anyhow, just be on alert and stay safe!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Tornado watch here in AR til 1pm... already had several warnings in the state.

Stay safe !!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
good cells at the moment in Perth AU. www.weatherzone.com.au...

Was driving home and could see the clouds coming across, pretty nuts. South of here got a record breaking drenching yesterday au.news.yahoo.com...

good pics/info in the coments here: www.facebook.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Storms in SW Oklahoma and North Texas right now. Very near my family but looks like it is clearing there. Chasers are now going the opposite direction.

tvnweather.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
guess it's time to buy some generators. A friend of mine found pretty good deals

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Anyone being affected by the tornados and severe weather happening in the Bible belt now?

www.wunderground.com...
edit on 9-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

we are under a twister watch til 2am CDT. The 5pm weather guy sounded very concerned, so I`ve got all the preps done.

Now just watching the radar in case I have to wake hubby up (LOL!).

It doesn`t look as bad as it did a couple of hours ago. Thankfully.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Are you in OK, some of my friends have just about had enough and are considering moving back to the Rockies...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No, Arkansas.

Where any time we have a cloudy day a twisty could be an uninvited guest!

I was watching CBSRaw earlier when they were having mile wide twisters, and that was the part that was headed this way.

The rockies are lovely!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Stay safe down there. We may get some rain up here, but we're all clear. The bad stuff split north/south.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Colorado 2 days ago...This is crazy!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Will do!

The line is just about here, and some cells are showing signs of rotation. But I have seen it LOTS worse, and hope I don`t see it that way again.

Hubby feels safe leaving me manning the radar... those flying lessons I took as a teen are paying off in unexpected ways! LOL!

Thanks for the good wishes... to you as well!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thought I'd mention we've had a very dry tornado season here in the south when we typically get tornadoes every spring & summer. Not to mention spin offs from the tropical systems that come close to the state I'm in.

I'm in Georgia btw. Thought I'd mention it since it's been an odd year weather wise for us. I typically storm chase but didn't have any this year to go after.

Stay safe everyone, those of you being affected by the storms moving through if any!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The historic Columbus Day storm, 1962

Comparisons to the storm that blew through the Pacific Northwest on Oct. 12, 1962, should not be taken lightly. More than 40 people were killed in Oregon and Washington as the gale ripped through the region and another 317 were hospitalized. Cape Blanco, on the southern Oregon coast, saw a wind gust of 179 mph.

It wasn't much better inland, either. The Morrison Bridge saw a gust of 116 mph, which toppled trucks and lifted cars off their wheels. The Columbus Day Storm was the only time in the history of the Pacific Northwest that an officially supervised weather station was abandoned due to high winds.

The Columbus Day Storm had its origin as Typhoon Frieda, taking over a week to get across the Pacific," Mass wrote on his popular weather blog. "Our [this] Saturday storm started as Typhoon Songda, which is now moving towards us as it transforms into an extratropical (midlatitude) storm. Both of these storms retained some of their tropical "juice" with lots of moisture and tight, strong low pressure centers."

Source: Oregonlve.com, Oct 12, 2016 - Potentially 'historic' storms lined up to batter the Northwest.

A true monster storm, potentially as strong as the most powerful storn in NW history. [Columbus Day Storm, 1962] ... The central pressure is an amazing 961 mb, with an unbelievably strong pressure gradient around it.

Source: Quote, Cliff Mass, Seattle.curbed.com, Oct. 12, 2016 - Batten down the hatches: huge weekend storm headed towards Pacific Northwest.

To all in the PNW, stay safe! Rain around Seattle is up to six inches; winds gusting up 60 mph. Then on top of that is drainage issues with leaves falling from the trees which means potential flooding. The guy, Cliff Mass, that is quoted in both stories knows his stuff--he is a professor of atmospheric sciences at UW.

This is serious. Prayers to all in the path.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Anybody out there from the PNW? Any updates?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I am anxiously waiting for some replies. I know we have members that live in that area. (or did).

It sounds from the what the weather channel is saying some area's are really getting pounded.

Shoot. I forgot link. will be back.

Here we go.

weather.com...

And they are saying "The worst is yet to come.
edit on 14-10-2016 by crappiekat because: to add link

Westcoast!!!!! Where are you?

edit on 14-10-2016 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Here is list of local updates up on ABCnews. The Latest: Mayor Declares Emergency After Oregon Tornado

The mayor of Manzanita, Oregon, has declared a state of emergency in the wake of a tornado that tore through downtown.

The declaration by Mayor Garry Bullard is necessary for the beach town to be eligible for federal disaster money. The inventory of damage from Friday's tornado is incomplete, but photos and videos show toppled trees, downed power poles, a mangled deck and some wrecked downtown businesses.

Tillamook County Sheriff Andy Long says two businesses are confirmed destroyed and one home is uninhabitable. He says other homes have roof damage.
No injuries have been reported.

Wow that is serious! I have not made it past the first two-had to share...

Tornado happened just before 10 am. 15,000 people in Seattle without power...

edit on 14-10-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: overview of link

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

A powerhouse storm slammed into the Pacific Northwest on Thursday night and Friday morning, uncorking wind gusts of up to 80 to 100 mph and half a foot of rain. An even stronger storm, traced to a Super Typhoon in the western Pacific Ocean, is forecast to hammer the region Saturday.

Saturday’s storm could be the strongest in a decade according to the National Weather Service office in Seattle

Washington Post, Pacific Northwest battered by 100 mph winds, braces for even stronger windstorm Saturday

No wonder we have not heard from our friends! This is the collision of two storms. The first just occurred and the second hits tonight. The article says the storm's pressure is equal to a Category 2 hurricane. Afterwards, a cold front is supposed to move in!

The worst is yet to come! Best wishes to those in the path.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I just got home from work, and haven't been able to follow this as closely as I would like too.

Sea's up to 25 feet. I'm wondering about landslides also.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Direct from the source. The Seattle Times - Live storm updates: Thousands lose power as high winds intensify, injuries reported

A 4-year old boy and his father were injured when a tree branch fell on them. Both taken to Harborview. The report said the boy's injury was "serious".

It is going to be a long night in the PNW.

Prayers and well wishes!

[ETA: Land slides? How about land erosion. Says a section of roadway along the coast of WA was washed out]

edit on 14-10-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: spelling

edit on 14-10-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: add a detail

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join