It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe weather outbreaks 2015/2018

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I agree, Land Erosion is definitly a concern.

www.pnsn.org...

I watch the PNW for earthquakes, so when I think about the PNW, my mind goes to earthquakes.

When the ground gets so staurated the chance for landslides can be a concern if even a small quake hits a certain region.

It's something that might not happen tomorrow, but a future concern.
edit on 14-10-2016 by crappiekat because: to add link

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

How random is this? I met somebody at the pub who was in the 1962 event! She said that the parents all gathered at somebody else's house leaving the older kids to watch over over the younger. And they were told to kneel down in front of the bay window of the house!

She said it was pretty scary and may be the reason she follows the weather now as an adult.

Yeah, roads washing out is pretty d@mn scary! You are driving along on what looks like a level road then the pavement sinks out from under you. I would think that that is more scary than a landslide but that is me.

Earthquakes?! The last "major" one was 5.6 (I think) and that cracked walls in buildings in Seattle. So if moisture causes some sort of liquification from above??? Here in Anchorage we have a stretch of roads that dips down some 300 feet between downtown and midtown, it used to be flat, (there is a spot nearly 600 feet deep) due to the fact that when the earthquake hit here the stream helped in liquifying the ground and it sunk. And if that happens in the PNW who knows what would happen.

BTW, kind of sad that this site is all about "presidential candidates" now instead of the really real world. *sigh*
edit on 15-10-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity and grammar nazi

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Oh no. I am not implying I think this could bring on the big one.

Just that shifting earth in that area makes me sit up and watch more.

Here is a thread that Eric started back some time. Just some interesting stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread is for severe weather, and I am sorry if I took us off in another direction.

Weather info as of this morning. 10/15/16.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 15-10-2016 by crappiekat because: to add link

weather.com...
edit on 15-10-2016 by crappiekat because: to add link

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Landslides caused by severe weather happens... not really off topic. I ended up following on MSM (TV) and am very glad this was not historic! Still, lot of trees down, some road damage, some structures damaged, power outages, and a tornado or two. Severe enough!

King%.com (Seattle NBC affiliate): Why Saturday's storm didn't hit Seattle like predicted.

Basically states the storm moved west off the coast so they did not get the full brunt.
edit on 18-10-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: formatting

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yeah, last year I read a wrote a lot about it. Global warming is srtongly felt right now. My school helper buzzessay.com... helped with a research and if we don't start doing something ASAP I'm afraid we're gonna lose Earth and lots of food supplies in the foreseen future

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MaryPopins

If we lose Earth food supplies won't matter will they.

HAPPY MONDAY!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Severe weather potential for tomorrow in central Oklahoma - enhanced.

Tornado season is upon us once again.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Risk has been increased to Moderate for today.

Stuff is probably going to happen. Looks like it might mostly be hail, with a somewhat lower chance of tornadoes.

Stay safe and park your cars somewhere under cover.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Severe weather outlook TODAY with really elevated chances for tornadoes in east Texas, across Louisiana, and into Mississippi.

Pay attention to the weather today. This is a MAJOR OUTBREAK alert, with HIGH chances for severe weather.

Stay safe - and keep eyes on the weather for the next couple of days, as well; Alabama is forecast for moderate risk tomorrow, along with enhanced chance for severe weather through Georgia and into South Carolina (and maybe still in Mississippi).
edit on 12Sun, 02 Apr 2017 12:59:32 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Particularly Dangerous Situation is now in effect.

At one point there was a mesocyclone so close to the ground that stuff was getting damaged; they're not sure whether a tornado was in there or not.
edit on 13Sun, 02 Apr 2017 13:53:10 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Multiple dead in Alexandria , LA after tornado.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If someone is interested, a new thread needs to be done on this topic.....
Please use the format/links in this OP...and contact me with the link.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
multiple tornadoes/funnel clouds spotted all over alaska this past week.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join