It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs really do love us: Study finds first evidence of inter-species hormone exchange

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Our dog LOVES us!
If we are going away for all day, we put him in the laundry room (It's big) with his little bed.
If there are clothes in there he gets a piece of clothing from almost each of us and sleeps on it.
One constant is my S.O.'s clothes and mine...
Could be a shirt or socks or whatever!

He will do it if we leave him out also. He has dragged things from the living room into the bedroom to lay on.
He has taken shoes in the past and laid on them. He is a dachshund/beagle mix...

He is never not by my side...my little Wally!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Does this have anything to do with why a dog will hump your leg? Is that love? lol.

Joking of course. I love my little buddy, (dog), and I hope he loves me. Cool thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Nice name.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

As a dog lover: I wholeheartedly agree with the information presented!

As a cat hater: I wholeheartedly agree with the information presented!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Funny how it took science so long to recognize this. They seem to have been stuck on animals as only "robotic" compared to humans for so long.

With cats it's more similar than realized as well as older studies have shown.

Other articles of studies include cats, as this RT one did not. Here's one- see here, sharing cats, and even goats.

Dogs and cats release 'love hormone' around each other, humans

CLAREMONT, Calif., April 28 (UPI) -- A U.S. researcher found animals release the "love hormone" oxytocin when they interact with each other and with humans.

cont...

In a small-scale experiment for BBC television, Zak tested the oxytocin levels of different animals at an animal refuge in Arkansas, where numerous animals interacted with each another.

Sure there are differences with cats. Dogs are pack animals while cats are not probably making them more in tune with humans socially. I believe cats were not domesticated by humans as dogs were but rather during their co existence, "domesticating" themselves along side humans. Biologically, as we like to say in the veterinary field, cats are like aliens when it comes to healing with comparing them to other species.
edit on 17-4-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Our dog Pina greets us every morning with loving licks and nestling her head in our chest. My wife and I look forward to her morning greetings when we wake up. All our kids are grown and out of the house, so Pina fills that empty nest with a lot of puppy love.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
a reply to: VoidHawk

Blimey - why we would we evolve to smell like that?

Maybe we didn't, maybe the dogs evolved to smell like our toes

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

You're funny

top topics

<< 1   >>

join