It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims threw Christians overboard during Med voyage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Im saying use newer sources old man i didnt ask for your SaSS. 😤😤a reply to: intrepid

edit on 17-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Im saying use newer sources old man i didnt ask for your SaSS. 😤😤a reply to: intrepid

This may screw your brain but I'm not doing anything to appease you. Here's an OLD thought, "Learn from history or be doomed to repeat it."

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow someone needs to read posts a bit better im not asking you for anything im sorry your in such a foul mood hope you have a better day.a reply to: intrepid

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Mohammed designed Islam to appeal to Jews as he was hoping to convert them. Many of the tenets of Islam have been lifted from Judaism and the Talmud.
This site has some interesting information. Does anyone have a better site that is unbiased? www.truthnet.org...

Actually that's not true at all. The Prophet Muhammad didn't start Islam nor did he "design" it. He's the Final Messenger of Islam, not the first or the founder. We believe the first All of God's Prophets were Muslims, because "Muslim" simply means "one who submits to God". The first human Muslims were Adam & Eve. And the 4 most revered Prophets according to the Qur'an are Musa/Moses, Dawood/David, Isa/Jesus, and Muhammad because they were given Holy Books to preach from. And the Prophet Moses is the Prophet who's mentioned the most in the Qur'an.

In fact, being "Jewish" simply means "membership to the Tribe of Judah". So how can a person or Prophet be Jewish before that tribe even existed? Even Judaism teaches that non-Jews should follow the 7 Laws of Noah instead of the Torah. In other words, Noah's rules apply to everyone except the Israelites (the goyim/gentiles).

The Noachide Laws are seven laws considered by rabbinic tradition as the minimal moral duties required by the Bible on all men. While Jews are obligated to observe the whole Torah - 613 commandments, every non-Jew is considered a "son of the covenant of Noah" and he who accepts these obligations is considered a righteous person who is guaranteed a place in the world to come.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

So how can Noah be Jewish if he existed before the Israelites even existed?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

He converted.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
These actions, if true, are beyond reprehensible.

In what way, however, does it color all Muslims? Muslims such as my neighbor down the hall? Or the kid I work with? Or millions, quite literally, who do nothing like this, but who are, for lack of a better way to describe it, very resolute Muslims?

The tile of Thread is the title on yahoo. i guess i should have added 'muslims from parts of Africa' to the title! Or 'strict muslims' or something like that...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: ChesterJohn

The thing about these 'crusades' is that it happened over 2,000 years ago.

This is the problem with keeping 'History' which provides proof of all these wars, crusades and wrongdoings... it won't go away until all those books are burned out and the people here today have their memory's wiped of this stuff which unfortunately doesn't help people with 'moving on' and living Civilised.

For accuracy...

The Crusades were "officially" started in 1095 and lasted a few hundred years.

Islam didn't exist 2000 years ago either.

Wrong. Read my post above. Islam didn't start with the Prophet Muhammad. It's quite telling how so many people are talking about Islam yet don't even know the basics of it. At least read before spreading misinformation.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

He converted.

That doesn't even make sense. That's like saying I'll convert to the teachings of one of my descendants' religions. I'm beginning to think you simply don't know what you're talking about. Even Judaism doesn't teach that he was Jewish.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Wow someone needs to read posts a bit better im not asking you for anything im sorry your in such a foul mood hope you have a better day.a reply to: intrepid

No. Not asking...telling. "Use newer sources". I'm SO intimidated. No, really. You amazed me to the point of cutting off logic.

My mood is fine. MUCH better than your logic.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: seagull

Your words are true..still I'm getting really tired of anybody's and everybody's religion.
I wonder has the story been confirmed? and if so what about the mofo's that threw them overboard..where are they now?

They were detained by italian Police on arrival.

Not sure we'll get to see what happens next... if all is good, they should be sent back to where they came.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Post Removed to prevent Thread Drift!!
edit on 17-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

This is the problem with keeping 'History' which provides proof of all these wars, crusades and wrongdoings... it won't go away until all those books are burned out and the people here today have their memory's wiped of this stuff which unfortunately doesn't help people with 'moving on' and living Civilised.

For accuracy...

Ok.. I am wrong on the dates! of course it happened later... I think the guy i replied to originally got me confused and i wasmn't thinking correctly. I do actually remember a few pictures from those times but in all honesty I definately didn't pay attention in 'History' class as I thought it was dead boring!!
edit on CDTFri, 17 Apr 2015 17:53:55 -0500u3005x155x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Some say that Mohammed was a pedophile back in the Dark Ages.

well there is evidence that he married a child, whether or not she was six, nine ten or fifteen depends if your a apologists or believe what was written and believed until he was called out about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
lets not get the Thread closed down because I see some are drifting and causing slanging matches about which prophet said what to who...

This isn't really about any prophets... its about 'christians being thrown overboard for being christian and whether this behaviour will soon be showing its ugly head in Europe!! Well, it already has on a few occassions but will it get worse??

And those who have nothing to do with either Faith will be in the middle of this ding dong battle!
edit on CDTFri, 17 Apr 2015 17:55:52 -05000000003005x152x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

For accuracy...

Wrong. Read my post above. Islam didn't start with the Prophet Muhammad. It's quite telling how so many people are talking about Islam yet don't even know the basics of it. At least read before spreading misinformation.

All right. Islam for Muslims started with Adam and Eve because you believe you are basically following the same God and religion that Christians and Jews follow only perfected by the prophet Mohammad.

For the rest of us, Islam started with Mohammad.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

well there is evidence that he married a child, whether or not she was six, nine ten or fifteen depends if your a apologists or believe what was written and believed until he was called out about it.

Or it depends on yesterday's values. Were females married off at 14 200 years ago? Um, yeah. Equating 21st century values on just 200 years ago and you'll have problems. 1200 years ago wouldn't that be even more?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

lets not get the Thread closed down because I see some are drifting and causing slanging matches about which prophet said what to who...

This isn't really about any prophets... its about 'christians being thrown overboard for being christian and whether this behaviour will soon be showing its ugly head in Europe!! Well, it already has on a few occassions but will it get worse??

And those who have nothing to do with either Faith will be in the middle of this ding dong battle!

Why should 1.6 to 1.8 BILLION people be held accountable for the crimes of a small mob? Why is it acceptable to blame all Muslims and our religion for the crimes of a small mob?

Do you use "collective responsibility" when a Christian, Buddhist, Jew, or atheist commits a crime? If not, why the exception for Islam? Also, people in Europe riot & fight all the time, particularly over football. So should all Europeans be blamed for it, especially whenever racism or bigotry is involved? No? Of course not, because the people who committed the crimes are the only ones responsible for their actions. Same with this non-story.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Also, I can't help noticing these people still won't answer why 1.6-1.8 billion should be blamed for the crimes of a small mob.

I'll tell you why. Because those majority of Muslims living in Muslim nations support the actions of those "small mobs" and that includes a minority of Muslims in non Muslim nations. The majority of Muslims in Muslim nations support stoning adulterers whilst a modest minority in non Muslim nations support stoning as well. Recent polls show even "moderate" Muslims whom are not radicalized like ISIS, agree that apostates should be killed. You comparisons of other minority groups where Joe Public doesn't condemn all is laughable. Your analogy, by the same logic, can be applied to the KKK insofar as to say, only a small hand full of racists commit crimes therefore one can conclude condemning all racists is bigoted. It's just plain silly.

You try to draw parallels with Buddhists, Falun Gong and atheists, etc., and on the surface of it, it seems almost right. But it's not. Way off the mark. 1.6 Billion Muslims as one entire homogenized ideology is not the same as some "small mob" of isolated events. It's en entire religion which directly or indirectly, turns the other cheek when it comes to enforcing the Quran.

Here is just a SMALL sample of polls regarding this "peaceful" loving religion

Pew Research (2010): 84% of Egyptian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
86% of Jordanian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
30% of Indonesian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
76% of Pakistanis support death the penalty for leaving Islam
51% of Nigerian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
pewglobal.org...

ICM Poll: 11% of British Muslims find violence for religious or political ends acceptable.
www.icmresearch.co.uk...
www.danielpipes.org...

Terrorism Research Institute Study: 51% of mosques in the U.S. have texts on site rated as severely advocating violence; 30% have texts rated as moderately advocating violence; and 19% have no violent texts at all.
www.terrorismanalysts.com...

Pew Research (2013): 76% of South Asian Muslims and 56% of Egyptians advocate killing anyone who leaves the Islamic religion.
www.pewforum.org...

Pew Research (2013): 19% of Muslim Americans believe suicide bombings in defense of Islam are at least partially justified (global average is 28% in countries surveyed).
www.pewforum.org...

Pew Research (2013): 39% of Muslims in Malaysia say suicide bombings "justified" in defense of Islam (only 58% say 'never').
www.themalaysianinsider.com...

Die Presse (2013): 1 in 5 Muslims in Austria believe that anyone wanting to leave Islam should be killed.
muslimstatistics.wordpress.com...
Motivaction Survey (2014): 80% of young Dutch Muslims see nothing wrong with Holy War against non-believers. Most verbalized support for pro-Islamic State fighters.
www.dutchnews.nl...

BBC (2015): Following the Charlie Hebdo attacks, 27% of British Muslims openly support violence against cartoonists. Another 8% would not say, meaning that only 2 of 3 surveyed would say that the killings were not justified.
www.bbc.com...

Sharia (Islamic Law)

83% of Pakistanis support stoning adulterers
78% of Pakistanis support killing apostates
www.realcourage.org...

Center for Social Cohesion: 40% of British Muslim students want Sharia
www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.socialcohesion.co.uk...

ICM Poll: 40% of British Muslims want Sharia in the UK
www.telegraph.co.uk...

GfK NOP: 28% of British Muslims want Britain to be an Islamic state
www.civitas.org.uk...

NOP Research: 68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam;
www.cbsnews.com...&date=2011-04-06
www.webcitation.org...

MacDonald Laurier Institute: 62% of Muslims want Sharia in Canada (15% say make it mandatory)
www.torontosun.com...
www.macdonaldlaurier.ca...

World Public Opinion: 81% of Egyptians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
76% of Pakistanis want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
49% (plurality) of Indonesians want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
76% of Moroccans want strict Sharia imposed in every Islamic country
www.worldpublicopinion.org...

World Public Opinion: 64% of Egyptians said it was “very important for the government” to “apply traditional punishments for crimes such as stoning adulterers.”
www.worldpublicopinion.org...

Pew Research (2010): 77% of Egyptian Muslims favor floggings and amputation
58% of Jordanian Muslims favor floggings and amputation
36% of Indonesian Muslims favor floggings and amputation
82% of Pakistanis favor floggings and amputation
65% of Nigerian Muslims favor floggings and amputation
pewglobal.org...

Pew Research (2010): 82% of Egyptian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
70% of Jordanian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
42% of Indonesian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
82% of Pakistanis favor stoning adulterers
56% of Nigerian Muslims favor stoning adulterers
pewglobal.org...

And those are the shiny happy friendly Muslims. There are no Moderate Muslims. You know who is the small group? Guys like you.
edit on 17-4-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Or it depends on yesterday's values. Were females married off at 14 200 years ago? Um, yeah. Equating 21st century values on just 200 years ago and you'll have problems. 1200 years ago wouldn't that be even more?

It's funny how people talk about underage marriage, but won't mention that their own countries allow it. The US state New Hampshire even allows girls to get married at 13yrs old. They have no problem with that, but act like they're outraged when other cultures do it.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yes they do when these days. If fact, anytime there is an act of terrorism done by Muslims, they bend over backwards to blame Christians with moral equivalence. Just pay attention.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join