It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine conflict: Pro-Russia journalist Oles Buzyna killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

A Ukrainian journalist known for his pro-Russian views has been shot dead in the capital Kiev.
Oles Buzyna, 45, was killed by shots fired from a car, Interior Ministry adviser Anton Herashchenko said.
Mr Buzyna is the latest in a series of allies of Ukraine's pro-Russian former President, Victor Yanukovych, to die in suspicious circumstances.
His killing comes a day after MP Oleg Kalashnikov, who was close to Mr Yanukovych, was shot dead in Kiev.

Ukraine conflict: Pro-Russia journalist Oles Buzyna killed

It would seem the Ukrainian government has decided to take a page out of Putin's playbook. Regardless of my views on the current situation going on in Ukraine these assassinations are despicable acts. Regardless of a person's views there is no justification for having them killed. I hope whoever ordered and took part in these killings are found out and brought to justice.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I am not sure I would call him pro-Russia as much as a pro-Ukrainian ...This is a You Tube vid interview ,

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It would seem the Ukrainian government has decided to take a page out of Putin's playbook.

I am not saying this couldn't be from the Ukrainian gov't. a few things seem a bit interesting...

As all the ones killed were Yanukovych associates that may or may not have information as to what Yanukovych did or didn't do during the protests.

I could be wrong, but that is an avenue that should be looked into.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

There are some that might agree with you ,and they are in the EU

Fearing that Russia could retaliate against Ukraine following the entry into force of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement (DCFTA) later this year, the European Commission is now pushing Ukraine to agree to a trilateral trade format, including Russia.

On Wednesday (15 April), a Ukrainian parliamentarian reacted angrily to messagess from EU officials, who said that Ukraine should seek to accommodate its EU free trade agreement with an older arrangement his country had with Russia.

Ironically, it was Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich who appealed for such an approach two years ago, which was flatly rejected by Brussels.
www.euractiv.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I have to say,that there has been quite a few that have died over there lately. It seems that being a Ukrainian is very unhealthy for you.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

When you think about it though,how could anything they have to say about Yanukovych hurt him now? He seems at least to be safely tucked away in Russia,so I don't see how them exposing anything will really bother him too much.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I just watched this disturbing vid . The govt. has a website soliciting info on people with pro-Russian views .

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Journalists that report the truth are targets. Just as Journalists that reported the truth in the NATO attack on Libya were targeted. 2 or 3 Journalists from independent media companies that reported what was really going on were assassinated by the CIA.

That journalist in the Ukraine was a critic of Poroshenko the Chocolate US Puppet.

In actuality 3 journalists that knew the truth of what is going on were murdered.

Notice none of them were from the BBC, CNN and Sky News.

Journalists reporting Lies and Propaganda are protected.

Report the Truth and your DEAD!!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

When you think about it though,how could anything they have to say about Yanukovych hurt him now?

Well if they have, or had information as to what Yanukovych's actions were during the protests and if those actions caused the death of protesters he can be tried in International court.

So if you have some close allies that know your business and could be facing prison themselves helping out to get a lower sentence is something that happens alot, so without witnesses to tell your secrets then you can't be shown being involved.

Pretty much what the mob does to those who know to much.

He seems at least to be safely tucked away in Russia,so I don't see how them exposing anything will really bother him too much.

If he can be prosecuted without even being in court then it put's pressure on Russia to turn him over, but again I said I could be wrong so I guess we have to wait and see what happens next.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

There were a lot more assasinations of pro-russian politicians and journalists in this year. Just three in the current week. I wonder where is the West to condemn them? And the fighting is still present there like it always was. The only thing that changed is that western media went silent.

It's funny how the West can create a public opinion through media and change it whenever they like. It was a "good move" in the last 18 months to break the Russia-EU deal and to present Russia in this light just when future of Syria and Iran was on the line. When US got what it wanted, everything suddenly went silent.

But for people of Ukraine not much changed. There is less fighting, true. But it's still present and Ukrainian army and pro-Russia separatist are still preparing for another allout fight (probably in the summer). The civil war that US-Russia started by supporting each side of the conflict (that Ukraine was on the verge for the last 20 years but didn't have support) is far from over. And there wouldn't be any if US didn't support one side or Russias support for the other. But in each case, one side (Russia or US) would lose. Thousands of Ukrainians died and millions lost their home just because Russia and the US want to know who has/is bigger d**k.
edit on 18-4-2015 by baburak because: (no reason given)

top topics

join