It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Boards?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
When I was a teenager, I had a fascination with Ouija boards. It was a common activity among my friends and I when we got together. My paternal grandmother was 100% against them and thought they were dangerous and should all be burned. My mom thought they were silly and harmless and in what I believe was an effort to demonstrate how harmless she thought they were, she bought me one for Christmas one year.

My friends and I messed around with it a while, and then I eventually lost track of it. Years later, when my husband and I got married and where packing my stuff to move, the husband found the Ouija board eye and became very alarmed, asking me where I got it, where the board was, etc. He was horrified that my mom bought it for me and finally told me to NEVER tell his parents (they are conservative Lutherans) that I'd ever owned a Ouija board.

Then years after we'd gotten married, a friend of mine told me about a table she'd seen at an antique shop that had a Ouija board carved into the top of it. I mentioned it off hand to the husband and he responded in a very grave tone that if I ever brought something like that into the house he would get rid of it immediately--and this coming from someone that isn't a very religious or conservative guy.

Since then, I have talked to multiple people who are terrified of Ouija boards. I'd seen them as a fun thing to mess around with, but never felt like we were actually communicating with anything supernatural.

What are your thoughts on Ouija boards? What is it about them that freaks people out so badly?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's just a toy.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You are likely to get two kinds of responses.

Ones like the one above and ones like your husband's.

For my part, I will say this: I believe there are some very, very dark things in this world. Whether or not an Ouija board is tempting fate by opening you to their influence and inviting them into your life and presence? I cannot say, but I can say that you don't want those things in your life, not even if all they do is spend time in your house scaring the bejesus out of you. It is not a comfortable thing to live with.

So, IMO, why tempt fate with an Ouija board?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24
It's just a toy.

Yes, on one hand, it's just a toy. On the other hand, perfectly rational people often express fear of it. And even if a "paranormal" world of ghosts and demons is nothing but fantasy, a Ouija board sometimes has the ability to manifest that world. Doesn't matter if it's fantasy or "real" or not, if the results are interpreted to be real.

I encourage people to try it, because the rational world is boring and sometimes we need to throw some irrationality into it.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mavra81

From my experience I can tell you this: it's a communication tool with low level/vibration entities. I'd stay away from this.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yes its a toy' but can be used as a gateway to invite demons in, but if you don't believe in demons then it should not bother you, but they can still attach themselves to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

your right mate' you will never get any answers from it just lies if you get anything at all, just watch fox news you will get all the lies you want there

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pavmas

Had a demon attached to me!!!! safe now, thanks to a divorce!!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If you thinks demons are fantasy then you are lucky and hope your luck continues. Demons are real for a lot of people who have just been unlucky to have one enter them.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

What would low level/vibration entities be?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

What is a low level/vibration entity?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Years ago I worked with a girl from Egypt, well she was born there anyway.
She brought one into work one night. She claimed that it was her grandmother's or her Aunt's or something. It was an abnormally slow night in a call center of sorts. A coworker of mine and I sat down in one of the cubes to use it. This was back in the days when you could smoke in the office so, in between puffing on her cigarette and her other hand on the planchette we asked it some questions.
One of the questions I asked was very precise. It was something I did not talk about with anyone. It spelled it out. Or we spelled it out or whatever. Speaking for myself, I was not controlling the planchette and just barely had my fingertips on it.
She could have made a lucky guess, I suppose, and moved it to spell the word but, it really would have been difficult.
I read something a few months ago about "making" a Ouija board and my S.O. got very upset with me. He explained that whomever I communicated with (if anyone/thing) would not be the person that I was hoping it would be.
Now, with that said, we have had odd experiences here, captured "something" on audio, he's "seen" things, etc. He is extremely interested in ghost hunting and the like. He was very adamant that he didn't want me to use it and was very concerned not only for my safety but, for the kids.
Whether it is a toy or not it isn't something I want to push right now just in case. My NEED (the original reason I even entertained the idea) is still great but, not great enough to make trouble, not right now...

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

A fav trick of demons is to claim they are a child thats been murdered or a jew from a concentration camp and they will ask you to take some of their pain ( NEVER ever take their pain) they are most likley lying and have the pain for other reasons, I would do some reading before even considering a board, its a toy but your mindset is to contact someone or something from another dimension or plane then the board is just a tool with no special powers, you could use a key or any object and get the same results, I just would not open myself up to it, before you even consider it read on how to protect yourself first.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I agree with "learning how to protect yourself".
That is good advice, just in case....

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Doorways...

Evil and dangerous.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah your are quite right, this is a good thread if only a warning and to let people know there are ways to protect yourself but the best protection is not to even bring it into your home, go and talk to any vicar priest or rabbi they will tell you that once invited they are hard to get rid off. Most of you have perhaps met someone with demons, they drain your positive energy and you feel the energy drain from you, think of people you don't like being around and why, property is the same, cold house, bad feeling and then you go into a happy house you notice the difference.

You don't need a board just use your senses you were born with and you pick up on P and N energies.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas
If you thinks demons are fantasy then you are lucky and hope your luck continues. Demons are real for a lot of people who have just been unlucky to have one enter them.

I understand that thinking a demon has attached itself to you is just as bad as if they really exist, and one actually did.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Overall it's more than a toy, these exist before being made into a "toy". Needless to say take caution especially if you have no idea what you're doing with the occult.

One of my favorite shows was a Coast to Coast on synchronicity that explained why the planned Noory Ouija board show wasn't going to happen. As it adds to discussion on the topic of why to be cautious.

originally posted by: mavra81

What is a low level/vibration entity?

Would assume he/she means a negative being that latches onto your positive chakra energy to siphon it in contrast Catholicism's with demonic possession.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Well lets look at another way' Someone wants to get a board to try out, if they have little sisters or brothers at home a mum and dad' then why would they even be thinking about this when their are plenty of people that will tell you they are dangerous, it could be argued that they are already carrying a demon and he wants them to bring more into the house to affect the rest of the family.

I honstly would have nothing at all to do with it' it might seem like you have not got a demon but when you start having bad luck as a family and the family down the road is lucky lucky lucky and their life seems charmed then that might be a clue.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

He was actually going to do this on air, I thought this guy was smarter than this, Im glad he pulled out

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join