It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 2 MILLION of Hillary Clinton's Twitter Followers Are Fake or Never Tweet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I NEVER Tweet, but I follow a lot of people, and I'm sure many people do. When I get bored I have something to scroll through. Whats the big deal if I follow and don't tweet or re-tweet?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Good to know. Thanks.

As the article references...these stats came from several independent social media audit organizations:
StatusPeople.com
TwitterAudit.com
Vocativ

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Apparently they paid to have an anti hillary twitter taken down.

www.truthrevolt.org... ia-campaign-toppled-young-black-republican

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Have these audit tools been run on Rand Paul and Ted Cruz? Otherwise it means nothing. Actually it means nothing regardless.
edit on 4/14/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have been trying to figure out why I should care who has twitter followers still.

Now I am told I should care that people have fake twitter followers.

I am concerned now, I am concerned that that those things have somehow become important to people. I am concerned about society it seems to be running a fever.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

So, can we go with a capybara? Isn't that the largest rodent?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I am concerned now, I am concerned that that those things have somehow become important to people. I am concerned about society it seems to be running a fever.

Agreed! I am being told that having Twitter followers should be something important to me. Considering that I don't tweet, facebook or instagram, pinterest or tumblr or meercat... should I really care?

So, Twittery has fake followers. We're all doomed! LOL!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

I thought Georgus Bushicus was the largest rodent...? Sorry, couldn't resist

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Very well said.

If this is where our presidential elections are going, we are screwed.

Like who the hell cares about her twitter!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This woman even makes her appearance on social media corrupt. Is there no end to this shrews treachery?

and of course, if this is true, everybody here believes SHE did it herself, or deliberately had it done by someone else.....riiiight...(rolls eyes).....somehow, because all of the untrue or misleading crap that's been said about her, I think there is more to this story

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Grimpachi

Like who the hell cares about her twitter!

Hillary and her campaign managers must consider it important to care about...She announced her candidacy on Twitter.

Hillary Clinton ✔ @HillaryClinton
Follow
I'm running for president. Everyday Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion. –H www.hillaryclinton.com...
3:27 PM - 12 Apr 2015

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I am sure they will be.

Just think folks, only 19 MORE months of this BS.

Wait till the hate really gets going.

And after we suffer through all the inevitable hate and lies, it will NOT MATTER who gets in.

New boss, same as the old boss.

Enjoy the show.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

She really said that?

Hillary Clinton ✔ @HillaryClinton
. Everyday Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion. –H www.hillaryclinton.com...

Excuse me while I

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Do you refer to Dubya or his daddy? Not that it matters, as they are one in the same.

edit on 14-4-2015 by Excallibacca because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

From your source article:

Two different online audit tools say no more than 44 per cent of Hillary's 3.6 million Twitter fans are real people who participate in the platform

One "online auditor"

I'm no Hillary fan, but this is just ridiculous. These online "auditors" are in no way a reliable source of information. It's a childish popularity contest and a waste of people's time. Really, who gives a rat's ass how many of anyone's Twitter or Facebook followers are fake? Even if it were valid, it has no bearing on her campaign and just makes the people who repeat this kind of garbage look like petty, silly fifth-graders who have nothing better to do than hate on all the other kids to make themselves feel righteous.

Now if they find her doing something that actually matters, like paying for votes for example, that'd be worth repeating.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

She also did a commercial and I am not saying it is not a good way to get a word out, just who cares about her followers.

And ya I would love to see these audits done on all the people running if this is a real issue

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I say just randomly pick some person out of the general population and make them president.

Who's with me? I mean, honestly considering the White House cabinet the president confers with, the Senate and House of Representatives...any reasonable person should be able to do the job...?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca

Do you refer to Dubya or his daddy? Not that it matters, as they are one in the same.

And now they want us to have King Rat III. This can't end well....

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Twitter - A Tool for those who Lack the Ability to Interact with other People on a Face to Face Personal Basis . Ain't Technology Grand ? .........................

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Rocker2013

Good to know. Thanks.

As the article references...these stats came from several independent social media audit organizations:
StatusPeople.com
TwitterAudit.com
Vocativ

And not one of those services can tell you or I whether those "2 million fake accounts" are actually bought, whether they're actually fake, or whether they're actually just people who don't tweet or people who abandoned their accounts. These services only tale a quick look at the activities of those accounts, they have no access to log-in statistics, and they all have different thresholds for what qualifies as "fake" too.

This is the crux of what you're asserting, that these accounts are fake and been purchased to influence opinion, the reality is that you don't know this, and no one else know this either.

Just because someone has so many followers who "seem" to be "fake" according to extremely unreliable and unscientific services does not mean a deliberate attempt to falsify following.

You are claiming something that is clearly unfounded and based on nothing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join