It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Ex-Senator Pursues Claims of Saudi Ties to Sept. 11 Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Florida Ex-Senator Pursues Claims of Saudi Ties to Sept. 11 Attacks
(New York Times)

Mr. Graham, 78, a two-term governor of Florida and three-term senator who left Capitol Hill in 2005, says he will not relent in his efforts to force the government to make public a secret section of a congressional review he helped write — one that, by many accounts, implicates Saudi citizens in helping the hijackers.

“No. 1, I think the American people deserve to know the truth of what has happened in their name,” said Mr. Graham, who was a co-chairman of the 2002 joint congressional inquiry into the terrorist attacks. “No. 2 is justice for these family members who have suffered such loss and thus far have been frustrated largely by the U.S. government in their efforts to get some compensation.”

Mr. Graham’s focus on a possible Saudi connection has received renewed attention because of claims made by victims’ families in a federal court in New York that Saudi Arabia was responsible for aiding the Sept. 11 hijackers and because of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed against the F.B.I. in Florida.

In sworn statements in the two cases, Mr. Graham has said there was evidence of support from the Saudi government for the terrorists. He also says the F.B.I. withheld from his inquiry, as well as a subsequent one, the fact that the bureau had investigated a Saudi family in Sarasota, Fla., and had found multiple contacts between it and the hijackers training nearby until the family fled just before the attacks.

I hope someday he get's his wish (and a whole lot of American's wishes as well) and these pages are released. One of the more glaring controversies about 9/11 is the role of the Saudis in the attacks.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I always thought this was common knowledge. Guess that is what happens when you are a long time member of this site, you firgure everyone else has gotten some of the same information as yourself.

This should be released, the Saudis are scumbags who need to relagated to history.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

This is probably connected to the 28 classified pages that's currently being denied to members of congress. Considering all the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, I think it's clear that they had some kind of connection to the 911 attacks. Not to mention, Bush allowed Saudi nationals to fly back home when there was a no fly order across the U.S..

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Very credible person to be pursuing this - and he knows what's in the report, so we can just assume.

Isn't Graham the guy who writes down what he's been doing every 15 minutes, and has since he was a kid?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've got an FBI whitewashing thread in the works. I'm glad somebody is taking this seriously.

The Saudi lawyers claim there is no evidence (that we're allowed to see), and are very adamant about keeping Mr. Zacarias Moussaoui's mouth shut, dismissing him as a paranoid schizophrenic.

I say let him speak privately for the record and keep the media from speculating until they can verify the information he puts forth.

There is no beating of any horse when it comes to 911. Keep up the fight and awareness.

S+F

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In every one's honest opinion will it change anything other than "Hey let's go to war with Saudi Arabia because they were involved in 9/11" it'll be another useless war just like the war on terrorism and the infamous search for Osama bin Bush...
edit on 13-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Didnt we all know for the last 13-14 years most of the hijackers were Saudi"s?

Common knowledge since like day 1....whats different?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We will never go to war with Saudi, have you seen our current and former presidents breaks their back kneeling to Saudi Kings, where as the real world leaders just shakes hands with them.

Also, while ourselves, our woman, and children are daily molested at airport after 9/11, the saudi people covering head to to toe boards the plane, untouched, unmolested daily. Just look at the both picture and tell me who is calling the shots today.

edit on 13-4-2015 by VimanaExplorer because: added "to"

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In 50-60 years those pages will be released, and by that time no one will care what they contain.

Think about this: if in 10 years the truth about JFK came out and conflicted with "official" story ... how many people would care? Most of the people that were alive during the event would be super old and decry "I knew it" from their retirement homes. The rest of the country would shrug their shoulders and move on.

The truth will eventually come out, but when it does it won't matter to anyone.
edit on 13-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
In 50-60 years those pages will be released, and by that time no one will care what they contain.

Think about this: if in 10 years the truth about JFK came out and conflicted with "official" story ... how many people would care? Most of the people that were alive during the event would be super old and decry "I knew it" from their retirement homes. The rest of the country would shrug their shoulders and move on.

Yep. It's like when they finally admitted that the Gulf of Tonkin incident was a lie. People don't care about it now, but it was the "outrageous act" that justified our going into Vietnam & more countries during the Cold War.

My follow up question is "What will the US Govt actually do if they admit the Saudis & anyone else were behind 9/11"? I don't think they'll do anything at all. And I mean, I don't think Republicans or Democrats will do anything about it. Just think about the 100,000+ Afghan civilians and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians who died over a false story. I don't think there will even be so much as an official apology to the families of our victims.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm surprised by your apathy Mr. Mushroom. I for one don't like being lied to by my employees. Many individual's lives and even an entire generation can revolve around such a tragedy and can really have an everlasting crippling effect on society.

911 was a fulcrum for policy change and initiating how we interpret previously existing rights that were being lazily upheld in the first place. This tragedy just gave them a reason to their rhyme, something we would fear from happening again with the constant reminder that there are bad guys around every corner and the government is here to save you.

At the very least, we will have definitive proof that are government and or other countries conspire to murder their own citizens for diplomatic purposes. We all know its happening, but they are quick to blow the smoke from their barrels leaving us dazed and confused.

Other governments already exist in the world who's people are fully aware of their corruption due to outward displays of crime and human rights violations. This is where we are heading, and soon enough we wont have a choice on how dependent we are of our government.

They will make it impossible to separate from the host without killing ourselves in the process. Much of that is already happening in disguise. In America, coupled with an attitude like yours, you will be left with little to no rights before you finally decide to stand up and be heard.

There will be re-education camps for those who resist and a far worse fate for those who oppose the system physically. Seriously, where do you see the US government in 50 years. How far up your ass do you want them to be before you cant handle the taste?

When there is this much loss of life, along with redacted investigation reports, gagged testimonies and a flat out refusal to investigate the Saudi's involvement, it is blaringly obvious that they can and will pull the wool over our eyes in the future.

edit on 13-4-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
His effort is very admirable, the search for the truth, if in fact it happened as claimed. Hope this gets somewhere, even if at the very least in the Alt media. Even if it only reflects the many conspiracy theories that come to fruition, often ignored, at least some will know.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I maintain the alledged Saudi involvement is a big deal. It would be damning to the former Bush administration, and to the official story if it were proven true.

1. The Saudi's are our supposed allies in the Middle East. Nearly 3,000 Americans were killed that day, and countless thousands more were poisoned by the dust from that tragic day.

2. Saudi money in concentrated in the hands of the very few, including the Saudi Royal Family. Very few Saudi groups would have had the financial wherewithal to pull this off. The Bush family is very tight with the Saudi Royal family, and even members of the Bin Ladin family.

3. The effort to keep this officially secret is damning in itself.

If the Saudis were responsible, we deserve to know that. We deserve to know whom our leaders are aligned with, if they sponsor these sorts of horrible acts. If the Saudi trail is proven, I believe the trail will ultimately lead to the US government, and at a minimum a LIHOP approach. It is my opinion that the government is actually a MIHOP player, and the Saudi bankrolling was in cooperation with their US allies.

For this reason, we will probably never find out. Very tragic.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Why is he just now coming out about it? Isn't that unpatriotic?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Why is he just now coming out about it? Isn't that unpatriotic?

No. Check past news stories. He has been talking about his for a long time.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

Oh, you mean he is just being ignored. Got it. Getting the research now.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
That Pakistáns ISI and probably Saudí Arabia bankrolled the 9/11 op isn't a secret.
That Mohamed Atta was stopped twice for speeding while he had arrest warrants in his name for failure to appear and these warrants "amazingly" didnt appear when his name was run through the Police database only a couple of days before 9/11 can only mean someone who can access this database and erase the info was accomplice to the attack.
If Atta had been in jail then the gig might have been up before it started.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The historical record stands. The only people to whom it will no longer matter are those who were implicated in the plot simply because they may be long dead in 50-60 years.

When the truth does finally come out, future generations will be more enlightened about the 'friends' we kept solely for financial gain.

Compare this to the furor raised in Turkey over the current Vatican statement regarding the 'Armenian Genocide'. One hundred years later, it sticks a sword in the side of a nation.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
People are making too much out of the 'royal' connection.

From wiki.

The House of Saud (Arabic: آل سعود‎ Āl Saʻūd) is the ruling royal family of Saudi Arabia. The family has thousands of members.

and

The family is estimated to be composed of 15,000 members, but the majority of the power and wealth is possessed by a group of only about 2,000.

If you grab 15,000 Americans there's are bound to be a lot of bad apples.

Given the wealth of the Saudi's even the bums of the family could afford to support the terrorists in the US with their pocket change.

So this damning connection is meaningless.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The meeting discussing the plan to down Air Force One allegedly took place at the kingdom’s embassy in Washington DC.

rt.com...

That's rich.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join