It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Anyone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nine Inch Nails
What is Manfred Mann referring to, when he sings,"wrapped up like a duece, another rumour in the night", in the song 'blinded by the light'.(if you can answer that, many music fans would be uber-impressed.)-j; )

Heres the lyrics, Its "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"
Below are folks interpretation of meaning
www.songmeanings.net...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Oh yes, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I will field this one as it does not seem to be taken seriously.

www.getodd.com...

Why thank you Jonna, you obviously are more knowledgable than Mr.Knowledge.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat

We are aware of three studies that have been conducted. Each group contacted us to inform us of the results of their experiments:

A group of engineering students from Purdue University recorded that their licking machine, modeled after a human tongue, took an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. They tried the same licking test on 20 volunteers and found that the average licks to the center were 252 licks.

A chemical engineering doctorate student from the University of Michigan recorded that his licking machine required an average of 411 licks per Tootsie Pop.

A group of students at Swathmore School used human lickers in a scientific experiment and determined it took an average of 144 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

Junior high students at Swarthmore School conducting their study in sweets

Based on the wide range of results from these scientific studies, it is clear that the world may never know how many licks it really takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.

www.tootsie.com...

I suppose that many factors are involved: size/length of tongue, moisture, temperature, method of lick, etc.

PS I think I just hijacked this thread. Sorry!

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why don't they use the results from the students, and not the machine? I mean, seriously people, we want to find out how many licks it takes, not brushes of a synthetic saliva filled pad on a wheel.

I can see it now...

Scientist A: "Let's use a machine and use the results from that, instead of a real live human!" Scientist B: "Great idea! That way we can call it "scientific"!"

I'm sorry, I don't mean to contradict what you said, it's the reasoning used by the scientist with the machine that gets on my nerves.

[edit on 12/22/04 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat

Three.........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join