It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Anyone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Okay, its time for something different. I want everyone to ask me anything they want about any topic. The only rule is, you can't already know the answer to the question i.e. Don't ask me what your uncle's name is. Make sure you ask real questions! You have dreamlandmafia to thank for my last edit.

[edit on 12/19/2004 by Mr Knowledge]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If bananas were given intelligence, could they dance?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hey, its in Chit Chat, and you said anything we want about any topic.

Oh yes, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

[edit on 20-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
What is Manfred Mann referring to, when he sings,"wrapped up like a duece, another rumour in the night", in the song 'blinded by the light'.(if you can answer that, many music fans would be uber-impressed.)-j; )

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was being serious, I wanna know the answer. I see the smiley icon on BTS and I wanna know if they could.

BTW...you didnt say REAL QUESTIONS anywhere in the original post.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
me first!
i wanna know about that song lyric. lol-j; )

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Looks like Mr Knowledge has got his character mixed up with Mr Grumpy for a while.

Why, if we are all individuals, are "the masses" so easy to delude? What makes people give up their freedom to think as readily as they do?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hello Nine Inch Nails!
I have the answer to your question. Apparently the term "deuce" was a word used to cover up the real word that should have been there. The corrected form of the lyric is: "Wrapped up like a Bruce another runner in the night!" (And you thought I wouldn't come up with the answer)

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
'The Masses' are impressed.
well done, indeed. actually, many (before lyrical search engines) mistakenly thought the lyric was 'wrapped up like douche'! (thats what it sounded like, i kid you not) lol
thank you for clearing that up.
you are truly.......Mr. Knowledge
-j; )

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Nine Inch Nails]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Okay, here is the appropriate response to this question: We as individuals even though we should be able to think for ourselves are completely shaped by our surroundings. Even when we're old enough to think for ourselves, to some degree what we've been taught by our parents, teachers, mentors and the rest of society will always have some effect on our decision making especially if a particular individual is raised in one particular setting without external influence. For instance if someone never left the town they grew up in. They don't know anything else except for what they've been taught their whole life living in that town. So in a way even though we're free to think and believe what ever we like however, our minds are bound by our level of awareness. I hope I answered your question.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Any question, huh?

Okay....Now this is one that I don't have a solid answer to, but I believe it's more or less open to opinion...Although, I'm sure there's a text-book answer to this question on the web somewhere...

But, if you havent seen this movie, then you may want to hold on to your answer until you've had a chance to see it...At any rate...

At the end of part two of Krzysztof Kieslowski's Colors Trilogy, "White" (or "Blanc"), Julie Delpy's character signals something to Karol Karol from her jail cell....What do you think it meant, and how would you interpret Karol's reaction?

Answer me that
Im interested in how others viewed that scene.

[edit on 12/20/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The Uber Film Question of All Time.........

In the film 'Pulp Fiction', what was in the briefcase?!-j; )
*consider the gauntlet thrown..........lol

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Nine Inch Nails]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What is the answer to the following question in the Algebra text book by Prentice Hall:

Page 427 question #8 and #9

I'd like to see you answer that.

Heh, I'm just kidding. But if you can find the answer to that it would be really cool.

[edit on 12/20/04 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
What is the answer to the following question in the Algebra text book by Prentice Hall:

Page 427 question #8 and #9

Where X is the number of Algebra textbooks published by Prentice Hall

and Y is the number of editions that have seen print of each of those textbooks;

the probability of even selecting the correct text book without further information is 1/(XY - Z) where Z is the total number of Prentice Hall algebra texts that have 426 numbered pages or less.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nine Inch Nails

I always just assumed it was gold

What else could it have been? Tarantino's a prety straight-forward kinda guy when it comes to letting his auidence in on the obvious....but then again, he likes to "# around" with them too...as he likes to put it - lol

Hmm......

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thank you Masked Avatar. I already addressed the issue with diehard_democrat

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by Nine Inch Nails

I always just assumed it was gold

What else could it have been? Tarantino's a prety straight-forward kinda guy when it comes to letting his auidence in on the obvious....but then again, he likes to "# around" with them too...as he likes to put it - lol

Hmm......

actually, its a question with no answer.
the contents generate too much light (when Travolta opens it in the apartment and when Jackson opens it in the rest.)for it to be gold.
Also, this topic has been beaten into the ground, in various film forums and Tarantino himself, refuses to answer the question, when asked directly about it.( to give the film an enduring mystique and to make sure it retains public interest long enough to become a true classic , im sure)
nice hypothesis ,though.-j; )

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Oh yes, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I will field this one as it does not seem to be taken seriously.

www.getodd.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join