It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police release graphic video of Tulsa man as he was killed by cop who thought he pulled his Taser

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
A 73 year old reserve sheriff shot and killed a Tulsa man and says he thought he was firing his taser.

After a foot pursuit recorded by another officers body cam you can hear his weapon fire and him saying "I shot him Im sorry", and you can hear the guy saying "oh shi- he shot me" and a cop saying "well you fu---- ran" then you hear him saying "you shot me im losing my breath" and the cop tells him to stfu.

Why are the police thinking its ok to shoot a guy if he runs? And what the hell is a 73 year old man that doesn't know the difference between his gun and his taser doing in a foot pursuit of a drug dealer..

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 12-4-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I heard the cop screaming *he shot me* with something and was almost crying it sounded like. What happened? We are doomed if these videos keep coming out every day like this. America will burn from *those people* (Not the cops) for a short time. If people think the cops are racist, why run then? "Don't you know you will die if that is how cops act?" Don't break the law and run then if you *know* cops will kill you!

If I knew the cops would kill me if I ran... I WOULD NOT RUN! DUH! Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Just a bit of critical thinking.

ID
edit on 12-4-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Why was a 73yrs old civilian non cop out on patrol with a gun?..
He didn't mean to shoot or kill the guy that's obvious, but more disturbing is the attitude of the cops'..fk your breathing??
I don't want that guy in my community police force.
edit on 12-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Again?! Yet people complain when that State Senator said he was more scared of police than ISIS. ISIS isn't the one doing crap like this in our communities.

Also, there's no way he thought it was his taser. That's just part of his argument to not get charged. Like how the cop in South Carolina told the dispatcher one story while he was acting out something completely different.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
He didn't mean to shoot or kill the guy that's obvious, but more disturbing is the attitude of the cops'..fk your breathing??

A criminal thug running from you, who is non productive to this society, why the heck should you care about him wining? Criminals need to be ridden of this Earth. He is lucky that is all the cop said/did. If you cannot obey the laws of our society, be gone. Political correctness coddles criminals. We do not need them on this planet. So don't get mad if a cop cusses at him.

ID

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Oh this is a classic piece of fictional police report writing:

www.nydailynews.com...
Sheriff’s Capt. Billy McKelvey claims the arresting officers were not aware Harris had been shot, despite the gunshot noise and Bates’ admission. They called paramedics and firefighters, and rendered aid when they realized, McKelvey said.

Yeah we didn't realize he was shot until later, we just though he was smuggling a bottle of ketchup that we broke while kneeling on his neck.

Actually the reason why these guys aren't going to get in trouble is the same reason why their images were blocked on in the video... They're undercover officers, and they're untouchable because too many cases with lots of money invested in them are dependent on them.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing
If I knew the cops would kill me if I ran... I WOULD NOT RUN! DUH! Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Unfortunately people are being killed by police even when they give themselves up without a fight, or even sometimes when they're in custody already.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

A criminal thug running from you, who is non productive to this society, why the heck should you care about him wining? Criminals need to be ridden of this Earth. He is lucky that is all the cop said/did. If you cannot obey the laws of our society, be gone. Political correctness coddles criminals. We do not need them on this planet. So don't get mad if a cop cusses at him.

ID

Is he lucky hes dead or just lucky they didn't shoot him again?

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

ID

Have you ever in your life break anykind of laws and I mean any! like lifting stuff from work,school or store, appeared drunk in public or behind a wheel,pissing against a wall...then by those standards you are a thug who broke the law and deserved a bullet in the back from an incompetent 73yrs old.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

A criminal thug running from you, who is non productive to this society

Drug dealers are productive to society. I mean where are we suppose to get our weed if not for drug dealers?

all kidding aside it does not deserve the death penalty..

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Running from the police = stupid . Stupid still has not been cured .

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I agree. The idiot sold drugs to an undercover cop, then tried to run from them. He should be arrested and in jail.

Not dead..

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
Yeah we didn't realize he was shot until later, we just though he was smuggling a bottle of ketchup that we broke while kneeling on his neck.

I've never understood why its considered appropriate to rub there heads into the ground with there knee, when they already have the suspect on the ground and multiple cops have got his hands.

Maybe that's half the problem, police are actually trained from the start to treat people as less than animals.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I heard the cop screaming *he shot me* with something and was almost crying it sounded like. What happened? We are doomed if these videos keep coming out every day like this. America will burn from *those people* (Not the cops) for a short time. If people think the cops are racist, why run then? "Don't you know you will die if that is how cops act?" Don't break the law and run then if you *know* cops will kill you!

ID

You run, you die.
You submit, you die anyway.
I don't understand your critical thinking here.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The deal is if you are running and you just committed a serious crime that makes you dangerous to society then the cops have the right to use deadly force, any other condition they do not.

Much of this makes me wonder just how trained are our police force in general. Going back to our conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan if our troops fired first every time they "felt" they were in danger they would just kill everyone that moves. It seems today that cops feel they have a right to use deadly force anytime they think there is any danger at all, and/or if the person doesn't follow their commands exactly.

So what if the guy runs, chase him down and subdue him...

edit on 12-4-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

ID

You run, you die.
You submit, you die anyway.
I don't understand your critical thinking here.

Not wanting to start yet another thread on police brutality, but look the guy surrendered putting his hands above his head and they still used his head like a soccer ball.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

ID

Why don't you say this to all the families of the innocent people who have also been killed by police?
Narrow minded thinking such as yours coddles and protects criminals, like the ones shown in this video.
edit on 12415 by symphonyofblase because: fixed spelling

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

This is getting old and getting old REALLY fast. If it keeps up, the whole thing is going to end in a very bad way. Keep in mind "Gang Officers" how vastly you ALL are out numbered by "Real Gang Members"...

The 'Captains' and 'Chiefs' of ALL police may want to ACTUALLY start doing their jobs, while they still have a chance...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

Why don't you say this to all the families of the innocent people who have also been killed by police?

And lets not mention all the lives that have been saved by police . Sarcasm off . One statement far outweighs the other . Hint . It is not yours . Haters gunna be haters .

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

a reply to: symphonyofblase

And lets not mention all the lives that have been saved by police . Sarcasm off . One statement far outweighs the other . Hint . It is not yours . Haters gunna be haters .

But that's part of their JOB!..if a crime calls for executions that's the JOB of a prosecutor jury and Judge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join