It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because I don't buy the current "global warming" theory, does NOT mean I support pollution!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I've seen this on so many of the threads, either on Global Warming, Global Cooling (wait, is that even still a theory?) or Pollution. Even just a few minutes ago.

If you don't by what the government is currently selling, about the current climate crisis, then by god you are a earth polluter and need to be destroyed!

Well guess what? I don't fit your little box. I can read all by myself, and come to my own conclusions. I even talk to people. People like a family member, who is in the science field. This person can "read" trees. Can tell you about a 10-20 year drought, 200 to 300 years ago. And absolutely LOVES to talk about weather cycles, and earth cycles, and fun stuff that is way the hell over my head.

So no, I do not buy the governments current theory, that differs from theories of 30 years ago, and will differ 10 years from now. I don't believe this is all OUR fault. That WE are destroying the earth and causing all these changes.
I'm sorry, how old is the earth again?
How many volcano's have spewd? How many earthquakes have happened? How many thousands or more other changes has the earth gone through, that we honestly have NO idea about, because we have only been a the equivalent of a SECOND of the earths life?

NOW, on the other hand, do I weep at the fact that we have done so much damage, that in just the small town my mothers family grew up in, that the cancer rates among many generations, are through the roof?
Do I get physically sick, and very angry, when some moron decides it's ok to dump his trash in a ditch along my road, because, hey, it's "in the county"?
Do I wish very vile things to happen to big companies that pour millions of gallons of toxins into our waterways?
Hell yes I do.

We need to stop polluting the earth, like yesterday. Companies need to be held accountable for what they are doing, RIGHT NOW.
I honestly believe that will all the damage we are doing and allowing, it isn't the earth that is going to suffer, it's us, and hey, we brought it on ourselves.
When the ground is too polluted to grow, and the waters to polluted to drink. We will be toast. And much deserved at that point.

But remember this, just because someone doesn't share your believe in "we are screwing up the climate", doesn't mean they "could care less about the environment".

Believe it or not.

edit on 10-4-2015 by chiefsmom because: read twice and still didn't see them all!

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They need more money. You are just a commodity.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Obviously, you are a racist though.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

LOL, yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how that fits in.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Obviously, you are a racist though.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So if you don't "by" what the governments are selling and can come to your own conclusions, what are those conclusions (beyond it's not "all OUR fault") with respect to global warming/cooling/climate crisis?

I'm not endorsing any scientific paradigm....simply asking what you have concluded beyond the obvious (the planet is being polluted) and what confluence of events may have contributed to the "current climate crisis".

ETA: Nevermind. Just realized this was a rant.
edit on 10-4-2015 by BeefNoMeat because: realized this was a rant

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: greencmp

LOL, yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how that fits in.

That comes in later when you begin to win the argument.

edit on 10-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I thought that was a comedy skit the first time I saw it.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I thought that was a comedy skit the first time I saw it.

I feel like the whole world is one big comedy skit.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If you don't by what the government is currently selling, about the current climate crisis, then by god you are a earth polluter

Part of the plan to reduce interest in pollution. Worry about just the climate, or else…

Be on board or be accused of the real problem. It tells you that anyone saying that is part of the disinformation campaign.

They want you on their bandwagon or leave you discredited in others eyes. After all, wheres the proof of health effects relating to environmental pollution? Hard to find much on that. But Global Warming? 17 million hits in .07 microseconds.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I believe the earth itself causes most of the changes.

For instance: the changing of the jet stream( I think that is the one I'm looking for, but it will do.)
How would pollution change that, say as easily, as an earthquake, and the moving of a plate? How do we know that even a millimeter movement, doesn't have massive effects on currents and the like?

Basically, that we do not know how little shifts and changes occurring naturally on earth, can have large scale effects on the weather.

(and please forgive my incorrect by)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

asically, that we do not know how little shifts and changes occurring naturally on earth, can have large scale effects on the weather.

Thats why they use weather as the distraction. They can say see that really bad storm was caused by global whatever. Meanwhile the hospitals are filling with cancer patients.

ETA: But lets talk about the weather.
edit on 10-4-2015 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Don't mention any renewable energy failures either, we can't talk about that.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Hard to find much on that.
a reply to: intrptr
But when you do, and others do,what does the government do? Gives the company that did the polluting, a free pass. they don't even have to clean up the ground.

So instead of taking money from companies in fines and clean up fees, they take money in bribes, while even more die. Wonderful isn't it?

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Ha, no worries. I wasn't sure if the "by" was intentional or not considering you remarked in your edit line that you "read twice and didn't see them all". Definitely not the spelling/grammar police, honestly was unsure if it was intentional.

And yes, that jet stream is a bear. Splitting my time between NC and TX.... and that jet stream has given me back-to-back winters in the south and deep south that are reserved for Wisconsin or Maine.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sorry but no amount of "I'm a really nice person who cares about the environment but thinks all environmental science is bunkum" can possible be sincere.

Let me guess , you live in the US. If so then like a lot of US folks you forget that you are merely a small fraction of the whole world. There are considerably more non US climate scientists that US ones. The funding of science outside the US is different and thus the old "because they are funded by XYZ they are lying" and thus dismissed is naive BS.

Melting glaciers - natural
Melting icecaps - natural
Ocean acidification - natural
Odd hot weather - natural
Odd cold weather - natural
Odd dry weather - natural
Odd wet weather - natural
Pole migration of flora -natural
Pole migration of fauna - natural

all "natural" in the last 50 years, yeah right!

Am I annoyed by this, too damn right. why the need to continue with this line of argument? The people who can implement change do not want to you have won. Now live with the above list and feel goooooood!.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I get what you are saying though OP, and I don't think you are a racist at all

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Lol just posted that same cartoon here.

Amazing how this really simple point is so lost on some people.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just because we don't agree about the reason to clean up pollution doesn't mean we shouldn't clean it up. Who cares about 'global warming' if we all agree that pollution is bad? My only caveat is that the corporations that make the mess be financially responsible for cleaning it up...not us little people.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm with ya! I get slightly miffed when I hear the arguments you describe---if you don't bow down to man-caused weather fluctuations theories---you just don't care about the planet.
I began working against the polluters years ago---1968 to be exact---and watched the Clean Water Act finally get passed and some teeth put into the Clean Air Act. These were laws that caused the clean-up of our rivers, lakes and streams and actually reduced the air pollution present in several major cities. They worked as long as they were enforced.
But like immigration laws, some folks decided that a "broken system" was preferable to having to investigate and prosecute so many infractions so the enforcement was cut. While the rivers are no longer catching fire, industrial pollution is allowed and the focus of investigation and prosecution has been on individuals or small businesses that don't have the capital to fight the charges---and don't contribute heavily to political campaigns.
As for the people promoting the end of the world due to human contributions---to me their peering into their computer models are much like the wizards of old studying the roll of the bones or gazing at a crystal ball.
It's the twenty-somethings that set off rants in me. When they start spouting off about how my generation caused this pollution and handed it them---I have to point out to them that by the time I was in my twenties I had been involved in getting legislation passed on the state and federal level for almost a decade. I couldn't even vote when I saw what needed doing. I invite them to look at the state of the nation's waterways in the '70s as opposed to today. We have made massive strides in the area of pollution but those who weren't part of the work don't see it because they have no idea of how really nasty things were.
I recently took to task a writer in the local paper. She did a whole column on pollution in the form of roadside litter. She told of taking a walk on the country road near her home and recording the numbers of littered items, 12 beer bottles, 8 soda cans, 3 McD's boxes, etc. But here's the kicker---she didn't bother to grab a garbage bag the next time she took her walk, she just decided to write a column about it. When I encountered her at a social function I asked her if she had picked up all that garbage and disposed of it in a proper manner. She looked at me like I had grown a third ear. "That's what the convicts do!" was her answer, referring to the litter collections run by the local jail inmates. Obviously, the idea of actually doing something that would dirty her hands was out of the realm of her reality.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join