It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just because I don't buy the current "global warming" theory, does NOT mean I support pollution!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: grandmakdw

Um what can the people in the US do about China??

How does that make any sense...
No one gives them a free pass, it is well known the damage they do but outside of the Chinese doing something about it l, not much can be done

People in the US can refuse to buy Chinese-made products. Most of the water pollution there comes from manufacturing plants that are shipping their goods to the US and all over the world. If people are serious about stopping the pollution, it must be stopped at the source---not be "forgiven" by indulgences in the form of carbon credits or some such magic.
It takes a bit of effort, talking with sales people, asking for US-produced material but it isn't going to happen unless we make the effort.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Justoneman

Al gore and the Clintons don't speak for everyone.

This stance that since other countries do bad that america shouldn't do anything is laughable at best.

Or that some how the crowd that is for the idea of climate change being more then natural just some how give those countries a pass is willfully ignorant.

Kerry gave the Chinese a pass too, as did Obama.
Yes the entire leadership of our country gave China a pass.

Yes old lady Hill did have a chance to speak up as Sec of State,
but instead looks like she lined her pockets with their money
for her foundation
instead of actually trying to get them to clean up the environment.
hotair.com...

If the climate change believers started a campaign
to get their leadership to do something about China,
then they would, but the lefties worship their leaders
and think they can do no wrong.

So why try to get Obama, or the Sec of State to try and do something,
when you think they are gods and can do no wrong.
Yes, a twitter, email, letter campaign to the leadership to force China
etc to clean up would work.

But instead the lefties bow to all hail the perfect leaders
who tell us how to think at all times and we must obey
and call everyone names who doesn't agree with our gods,
or run them out of business or get them fired from their jobs;

or better yet as the climate change believers want to do
jail and kill people who don't believe as they do -
while hypocritically doing nothing about China etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: magnison The world monetry system would not collapse just change. The current overlords would loose a lot of their power that they have spent a lot of time gaining and many people would gain more freedom and be less enslaved. These entities could not care less about us or the planet and are only in this climate change scam to screw more out of us. The tptb are prepared to do anything to keep free energy out of our hands and that includes murdering people who know how to create free energy. Most of the climate change is caused either by natural events or geoengineering. The majority of climate change that is caused by us is due to geoengineering and this is rarely mentioned. Their are several good films on the geoengineeringwatch.org site with various scientists explaining their points of view.

The wheather in the solar system is changing and their are several different theories to why this is happening

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

Star for such a fine post. AND because of those very thoughts, we need the truth not lies about CO2. Those lies drive those on the fence off on one side or another and since most can tell something is rotten they fall on the side that says "meh" they lie... I make my living protecting the Earth and I want to make people understand EXACTLY the way i perceive you do.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Qspeedyrock

DING DING DING,,, you get it.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Great post me too and i have to set the example i am a real Environmental Scientist!

That has to be interesting these days! When I was a kid, it was "ecology", which meant don't litter, and listen to Smokey Bear and don't start forest fires. Later, television shows showed how illegal waste dumping could cause issues, and people wanted that stopped. That was all great. Lately, though, it's a wonder they don't tax us for breathing. Things are out of control!

What type of issues do you encounter in your field?

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Sorry all, no internet at home. Thank you all for the replies.

As far as China goes, or many other countries for that matter, what is one of the big reasons they are so bad, when it comes to pollution?
Because, through NAFTA and other such agreements, we have allowed American corporations to go set up shop in other countries, where their laws aren't as strict as ours.

I've just spent 1/2 hour trying to find a show I saw this weekend. It was an animal show on Saturday, and it is a regular show. I got a laugh, because the host was talking about sabre tooth tigers and dinosaurs, and of all things climate change, and he said how it was natural, and the earth had been changing for millions of years.

I told my hubby. "UH OH, somebody didn't get the memo."

Cute show, just wish I could remember the name.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I don't understand why you keep referring to it as the governments theory or what the government says about it. Climate change or global warming/ cooling are not the governments theory. Governments may discuss the topic, some even fund some research into it but it is cognitively dishonest to claim this topic is "the government".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join