It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Employee Admits an Entire Department Exists to “Discredit” Scientists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
LINK

“An entire department” (waving his arm for emphasis) dedicated to “debunking” science which disagreed with theirs.”

In a single publicly made phrase, Moar has admitted that the Monsanto-funded science is sheer propaganda – essentially that they indeed have dozens, if not hundreds of employees out making sure that no science which tells the truth about their cancer-causing products ever garners any credibility whatsoever in the information age.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

I'm pretty sure someone else has already started a thread on this already.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Rome had lead pipes and dishes. We have genetically altered food and dangerous additives. Look at Autism rates, look at obedity, look at diabetes and ciliacs disease and rampant cancers that come back from cured patients. Something is definitely wrong.Sad people think making a buck is ok at the cost of human lives.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
many will say they use defensive postures to protect themselves.

it's all business.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

What is the exact quote from the employee?

I have gone through 3 links already from your article and haven't found it yet. I think disclosure of what was said would be pertanent..no?

Is this the exact quote?

“We question the quality of the assessment. The WHO has something to explain.”

I am thinking that can't be it, but if it is then can someone explain how these equivocations were drawn from it?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

I'm pretty sure someone else has already started a thread on this already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
But business never lies! I know that's true because a republican told me so.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Thank you. That thread actually has the quotes so I can draw my own conclusions on the meaning.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure every really big corporation has a department for this nowadays. I bet they also have their own corporate lawyers department.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Monsanto is in so deep, that it must have a department to address their survival .It's not rocket science that a chemical compound that forces nature for profit , will cause an imbalance in the natural order of things. These potential imbalances, may very well have caused, hormone related cancers in their IGF1, injection to make cows produce more milk. Therefore upsetting the natural hormone balance in the dairy fat . Then more so in the cheeses processed from it. The feeding stations, for cattle and pigs , getting fattened on corn, grown with Roundup, requiring a constant stream of antibiotics , causing pathogens to become resistant to antibiotics, the Chicken farms where they now live their miserable lives out, in the dark . The marine creatures ingesting all the runoff.

Food and water, are the first, and most important resources , and the government who is supposed to be the watchdog , has long ago been compromised. As big pharmaceuticals, reap the benefit from all the disease, that need not have existed in the first place.

When you had a policy of privatisation, where the original Blue Chip investments held by the state for the people , was sold, so the rich could guarantee an investment income stream, it was only a matter of time until even prisons were privatised , along with education. Its a system with a limited shelf life, and a use by date.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
How do they need a whole department just to deny science? It seems like a knee-jerk response. "Nuh-uh!"

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thankfully we live on a world and not a country. The whole GMO bit is the new reality as the tools, techniques and understanding of the genetic code builds. The language of life does have a lot of complexity with many interactions and repercussions.

How copyright and patient law has infected and breed a greed based food source is a monster in the making. Their is much complexity and interdependency already in the science and mastery of seed breading. For a single entity to think that they have the sole right over any piece in the language of life is a disaster in the making. If human endeavour is to be successful in achieving the most beneficial outcome of GMO science, then questions, review and mutual understanding is important.

To drop the hard questions because it is not profitable puts Monsanto in the same boat as asbestos, cigarettes and DDT. Eventually the truth always come out. Just how much gets invested for so much to be lost is yet to play out. Monsanto has every right and obligation to defend the science of its trade, but when it attacks the scientists rather than the science then Monsanto looks weak. The influence on university funding is well known and clear when it comes to any decent, another weakness when it comes to Monsanto's scientific integrity.

With Monsanto showing avoidance rather than embracement when it comes to the hard questions, Monsanto does look weak and too immature to responsibility handle all of the complexities associated with GMO's. As a company it has a position of strength through fear, intimidation and control. Without the truth on the language of life, what will it say about who we become.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I hate Monsanto, for their RoundUp, Glyphosat = poison. Suitable for warfare, but not for food production.

They try to kill us all for profit. I hope they will stay banned from Europe, because our agricultarists and their livestock are allready feeling the ugly side and that only from the soy feed they sell so awfully cheap, while killing the next generation of Argentinans unfortunate enough to live beside their fields.
If I were an employee of Monsanto, I would kill myself, knowing the whole world should cheer about it because I am a mass-murderer.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
So what else is new.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Where there is money there is corruption
Where there is money there is influence and power abuse

Why do we still depend and co-exist with these systems?

What the world needs is a PURGE, a REVOLUTION, by the people for the people, viva la world.

It would be nice if this employee listed the names of all the people working in this department.

Name and shame them.

edit on 10-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

One student asked what Monsanto was doing to counter the “bad science” around their work. Dr. Moar, perhaps forgetting that this was a public event, then revealed that Monsanto indeed had “an entire department” (waving his arm for emphasis) dedicated to “debunking” science which disagreed with theirs.

So he was answering a question about countering bad science..

I'm not surprised they have an entire department dedicated to debunking bad science...that's that much of it out there..

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hearsay from someone calling themselves "occupystephanie", but not giving a real name.. yeah ok.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Suggested reading pertinent to the thread:

Merchants of Doubt

Link is to the Wikipedia article on a very important book that has been almost buried by MSM.
edit on 11/4/2015 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
LINK

“An entire department” (waving his arm for emphasis) dedicated to “debunking” science which disagreed with theirs.”

In a single publicly made phrase, Moar has admitted that the Monsanto-funded science is sheer propaganda – essentially that they indeed have dozens, if not hundreds of employees out making sure that no science which tells the truth about their cancer-causing products ever garners any credibility whatsoever in the information age.

good so they finally admit to this. this will give opponents fuel to condemn them and rally support. lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I just read an article the other day in Nat Geo
that reads like an advert for Monsanto. It was also about
vaccines and climate change. The premise is Americans
have stopped believing in science. The article stated
there is ZERO proof GMO's are bad for you and
vaccines do not cause autism.

So there you go. The good folks at the CIA,
I mean Nat Geo, want you to know that you are
a conspiracy theorist if you believe GMO's are
bad and that vaccines may cause Autism.

Remember their documentary about 9/11?
(voiced by the same girl manufacturers use to explain
new weapon systems in video Pentagon presentations)
Nat Geo and NOVA did that hit piece to explain
how a small fire can bring down
a 47 story sky scraper at free fall speeds
(for the first time in history)
like it happens all of the time.
yeah that too..
They are not on our side,as a matter of fact, it's
time to start making lists as to who is and who isn't.
Why ? Because it's about to go down, at free fall speeds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join