What you are rarely told is that most pain meds only take away about 20% of the pain. You still have to deal with the other 80%.
I am on Morphine and I use them as infrequently as I can get away with. They and most other pain meds are hellishly addictive and the more you use,
the more you have to use. Almost all of these type of meds are destructive to your organs, most usually the liver.
The answer above, Marijuana is one option, but that too is a double edged sword. Use too much of it and it can lead to all sorts of other
Try taking paracetamol and iburofen together and see how that goes.
One of the tricks I use is to only stay on any meds for two days and then switch to something else in a sequence. This will give your body time to
rest and can let your liver recover.
Research continues and studies are finding that a group of drugs routinely used for acute epilepsy can work wonders but you need to find one that
works for you.
These are, Pregablin, Na valporate, Carbamazepure and Gabapenhn. These do a lot less damage to your liver but you need to try to see which one is
best for you.
Low doses (10mg) of Endep can help you sleep at night and is a damn site better than sleeping tablets in many cases..
As always, see your doctor. But I will also say that not many doctors actually keep up with ground breaking research in this field so it is up to you
to show them the research. It should not be like this but the real world is crappy.
What I have given you are ideas only for you to do your own research. It does not replace a doctors advice. It does however get lousy doctors to do
the bloody research.
Lastly, Kanga is right. I agree completely with what she has written. Scary thought I know!
edit on 3/4/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)