It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accelerate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm a music producer/manger and we have a pretty good band, its beginning to gain momentum but we need more fan support in actual coming to the shows. So what I was thinking is we need a major event that will shake the foundation and get people to come out like a major artist. I had a couple of offers wanting me to work for them, that's like backtracking I don't wanna work for them I wanna work for myself and make shows for my own band.
And it seem people will go to the site and like the music but wtf nobody's coming to the shows, so we need something major that will bring down 10 or 20 thousand people, our last show brought down around 3 thousand but we need something bigger than that. I know its gonna be successful its just moving slow and I want to accelerate and see results. ok.
edit on 2-4-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WatchingY0u

I think the best way to get more people interested in your band is to try to headline other similar bands. Maybe get an agent too?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot
Yeah, we have good marketing.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Three words-exposure exposure exposure. Social media is a godsend nowadays and if the right amount of people hear or see just enough to get them enticed then the word will spread.

But i've gotta be honest; building a solid fanbase is great but it may not grow beyond that-my high school crush was fantastic but her bands greatest gig drew in 1000 people if that. A former neighbor is a frontman and even though their original numbers were good they were still the first act playing covers to a crowd of hundreds.

Aiming for the stars is not a bad thing but sometimes it's better to remain grounded. Those people I mentioned are not household names but they were the first bands organizers went to if they wanted a local act and they got solid work.

Good luck either way.

edit on 2-4-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WatchingY0u
...so we need something major that will bring down 10 or 20 thousand people...

If you want to bring in that many people, you're either going to need a huge marketing budget or try to get the internet to work for you with a viral video campaign.

The last resort for widespread publicity is to coerce a member of the band to "go all GG", which refers to the socially aberrant behaviors of GG Allin.

By this point, Allin's performances, which often resulted in considerable damage to venues and sound equipment, were regularly stopped after only a few songs by police or venue owners. Allin was charged with assault and battery or indecent exposure a number of times. His constant touring was only stopped by jail time or by long hospital stays for broken bones, blood poisoning, and other physical trauma.

Best of luck!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The best thing you can do, rather than trying to attract those sorts of numbers with a band that is not global yet, is to get your band to support a much bigger band, because their gigs will ALREADY have thousands of people knocking around at them. Then, with a captive audience awaiting the headline act, your lot get on stage and absolutely slay the crowd. That way, everyone at the venue has a good night, seeing the band they paid to watch, AND get rocked off their feet by YOUR band, and they get to spend the next x days of the week, looking up, listening to, and sharing the music of, your band, because it rocked that hard, that they cannot help but blow up the twitter feeds and Facebook pages of every SOB they know about it!

When that starts to take hold, you will be fending venue managers off with a ten foot pole with a cattle prod on the end of it.
edit on 2-4-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical reconstruction for reasons of clarity

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm laughing at the last part.

top topics

join