It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally bought a gun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yes!! So happy right now.

As an avid second amendment supporter I can proudly say I now own a firearm. The only reason I didn't get one sooner is because I'm poor lol.

I went with my buddies to the range and finally shot for the first time. It was AWESOME.

PS all you gun control guys, go shooting, you'll love it

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Gun control = hitting targets

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What did you end up getting?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Grats, though you sound trigger happy haha

I've just sent out my application for gun owner license in Canada.. should be a couple months.

But I am a blade kind of guy. I love me some knives and swords

Especially my Kabar and SOG elite seal!

My first rifle I have planned already, will be a lever action. Feels natural to me, and I enjoy the action the most, of them all.

Grats, happy shooting

edit on 1-4-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

I went with a Taurus, since I didn't have a whole lot to spend. I didn't get to shoot it yet since my background check took 2 hrs, but I've read some reviews on it and it sounds like they are solid guns.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
There is nothing like the feeling of sitting at a range and shooting at targets. Now hunting is actually a little hard on the body, when a partridge kicks up or a deer comes near, the heart starts a pounding. But shooting at a target is relaxing.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Welcome to the club…now practice, practice, practice…and practice some more. Even with ammo being as expensive as it is, it is important to keep your skills polished. Not all practice is expensive though. You can get a few snap caps (fake bullets) to practice drawing and aiming and other fundamentals like trigger pull (rather squeeze than pull). Happy to see another joining the ranks of people interested in their own security and hopefully that of those around you.
edit on 1-4-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Yeah that's why I went with a 9mm. 50 rounds for 10 bucks is reasonable. And don't worry I'll be practicing and saving to get my CCW training.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Congratulations and good going.
You just made the land of the free a little more secure.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Out of pure wondering...what do you like about being a gun owner...and what do you like about shooting a gun?

I am trying to learn about guns and gun ownership...sooooo. you can be one of my teachers...thanks ahead of time.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Congratulations and good going.
You just made the land of the free a little more secure.

The only reason an American needs a weapon is to protect their selves from their Government & Police.
Land of the free, sorry but I disagree. Its more like, land of the scared.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Congratulations! Glad to have you onboard patriot. Always remember to treat every gun you pick up as though it's loaded and you shouldn't have a problem. If you have children in your house make sure they cannot get to your firearm. Good luck and have fun.

edit on 1-4-2015 by Enochstask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Congrats man! So let me tell my story. I went a got my ccw permit training and OMG please do it asap. I learned so much about safety and the weapons in that few hours that stay with me to this day.

I would also look around online for a competition called a steel challenge. Its a great way to learn how to shout at close range targets under pressure. It wasn't cheap as you go through 200 rounds easy but great experience going from one target to the next. Range shooting is great but you shoot the same exact target each time and in real life you may have more then one aggressor.

When I first got my ccw I was nervous so I carried without one in the chamber. As time goes by you get more comfortable and at that point I always carry in most area's "locked and Loaded"

Fortunately there has only been one event at a gas station where I was being cased and was prepared but thank goodness nothing happened. It's a huge responsibility to carry knowing that in a instance you could take anothers life (in self defense of course).

If you havent done any training please go online and watch some videos. So many times people cause harm to themselves and other because they weren't aware their firearm was loaded when they thought it wasnt. ei just cause clip is out doesnt mean one isn't still in the chamber! Also when shooting if you fire and nothing happens never look down the barrel!

Anyway congrats and be safe!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Did you know that when you shoot a gun. Your body releases the same hormone (Oxytocin ) as when you orgasm.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Out of pure wondering...what do you like about being a gun owner...and what do you like about shooting a gun?

I am trying to learn about guns and gun ownership...sooooo. you can be one of my teachers...thanks ahead of time.

Answer: everything

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Damn!!!!!

I think we missed a great opportunity for some genuine scientific research here.

If you had of told us ahead of time that you were planning on purchasing a firearm we could have solved the at least decades old question of whether purchasing a gun drops your IQ a few points or if it was already low to begin with

BTW Yes I am trolling for kicks and yes I do know not all gun owners are trigger happy morons, it just seems like they all are due to the extremely vocal minority who get rabid anytime anyone questions the validity or satirically mocks gun ownership.
Kinda like the people who will respond venomously to this post in 5,4,3...........

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: caladonea

Answer: everything

I would like specifics...what does (everything) mean?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

If you'd like to discuss, shoot me a pm. I'm not inclined to post my opinion on it and feed the trolls

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Taurus makes a fine weapon. As other poster's said...go practice ,practice, practice. I own several...Glock is my handgun of choice to carry at all times. And I do carry at all times. I'm a supporter of Open Carry, as I feel it's a deterent to being a victim of a random crime. Good for you on your purchase. and remember Gun controll.....use two hands, less muzzle rise, more lead on target.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Congrats to you! As others have said practice. You cannot practice enough, plus it is REALLY fun to practice

a reply to: caladonea

I love to go out to the gun range. Weather permitting, we head out at least once a month.

I also like knowing that I have an option if I HAVE to use it for protection. As a women who sometimes travels alone at night, it gives me an added safe guard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join