It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmer silences oil and gas committee with invitation to drink fracking water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Farme r silences oil and gas committee with invitation to drink fracking water
(Rawstory.com)

After the thread about the lobbyist refusing to drink Glyphosate after claiming it was safe to do so, I though it would be appropriate to show this video, where a farmer confronts a Nebraska oil and gas committee with a glass of water tainted with fracking waste. After all, this is exactly what this committee is threatening to unleash on these Nebraskan farmers.

Explaining that he has ties to the oil industry and that he is still on the fence about fracking, Osbourne explained fluid dynamics to the board while pouring out three cups of the sludgy water that could result from spills or from seeping into the water table.

Referring to earlier testimony, Osbourne said, “So you told me this morning that you would drink this water,” as he indicated the cups.

“So would you drink it? Yes or no?” he asked, only to be met by silence by the stone-faced group before a member explained they wouldn’t be answering any questions.

“Oh, you can’t answer any questions? Well my answer would be ‘no.’ I don’t want this in the water that will travel entirely across this state in three days,” Osborne said. “There is no doubt there will be contamination. There will be spills.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's the same mindset that went along with "We have to pass it to see what's in it" crowd.

People following their chosen political bandwagon because they "believe" in the pushed ideology, and this is the very same tool relied on when the fracking advocates, and the crowd following behind them are cheering for something because the band leaders tell them to.

.............Until they see the consequences later and are either silently stupid, or just zombified into silence. They rarely condemn the things they were cheer-leading for though. So silence after the evidence of their actions is shown, is all they can do.

This always happens when situations are not thought out, and are just presented for them to be "for", by those who have media control, or those who represent someone that usually gets a yes vote without consideration.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There you go,
Like many other industries, it's the proprietary stuff that is the conversation killer, and if the proponents of, 'blank' don't know...Ahem, they usually refer to 'approved this or that', It usually works, but here they get called out in a direct fashion and no scientists to hide behind....A cuppa tea anyone?

Excellent stuff, and from a guy who is in the industry.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Why don't they just Frack right off?

Injecting Mother Earth with their poison, drink the goddam water and let us see the true side effects.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Before I get flamed, I am against fracking and would support him in a heartbeat. With that said...

Osbourne explained fluid dynamics to the board while pouring out three cups of the sludgy water that could result from spills or from seeping into the water table.

Of course they're not going to drink it. Anyone can poor brown liquid into a cup.

I can poop into a cup and tell people I want the feces removed from my tap water. Will that work?

While his point is understood, it was a little flimsy.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Why don't they just Frack right off?

Injecting Mother Earth with their poison, drink the goddam water and let us see the true side effects.

Yes, I understand where you are coming from but I wish it were all that simple, fact is all the stuff they may use is from Mother Earth, there may be novel chemistry in there and probably is, as well as anything leeched or used that is not so good anyway, but as it stands now, I don't think anyone has the grasp of it, other than guidelines. So, if those guys had quaffed that man's water nothing might have happened in the immediate, although they may have keeled over thirty years later if not dead already by some other unknown but related cause. The thing is though, we have come to the point that all things proprietary need to be examined closely, in other words, no longer a manufacturing secret, likely especially in the crude method of oil extraction.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

One 'Fracking' commitee were called before congress in the usa about 2 years back. They were asked to explain the 638 seperate chemicals they use. They denied revealing such saying how their method's are patent protected. Here, in the UK, several such chemicals are revealed - by our Health caring scientists - as being 'Carcineogic. The Farmers approach made sense and good luck to he and all who know what he is trying so hard to say.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Fracking stinks on every level. The government in the UK will threaten to imprison people for not putting the right plastic in the correct dustbin, yet the government themselves, are hell-bent on pumping this, effectively, sewage, into the ground.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Before I get flamed, I am against fracking and would support him in a heartbeat. With that said...

Osbourne explained fluid dynamics to the board while pouring out three cups of the sludgy water that could result from spills or from seeping into the water table.

Of course they're not going to drink it. Anyone can poor brown liquid into a cup.

I can poop into a cup and tell people I want the feces removed from my tap water. Will that work?

While his point is understood, it was a little flimsy.

No I disagree because he is actually addressing that point by saying that they don't know what he put into that water, that it is his 'trade secret' [and could be anything] and hence he wouldn't want to drink something that he doesn't know.
That is what they are doing. It doesn't matter what is in it, it matters that they don't know!
So he made a very good point

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Hi since you felt the need to post on my thread ill go ahead and post on yours !

I posted my very same thread on the 28th did you bother to do a search or check the dates ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

With all due respect to both of you folks, according to the T&S's (as I've read them) it is OK to post the same story in 2 different forums. This allows discussions on multiple aspects for the same story and not "polluting" (pun intended) each others threads.

Complaining about it publicly, IMO, is beneath us all here at ATS.

ETA: I just noticed the other thread was closed...which, IMO, was the wrong move for the mod there.

edit on 3/31/2015 by Krakatoa because: added additional comment

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: Kapusta

With all due respect to both of you folks, according to the T&S's (as I've read them) it is OK to post the same story in 2 different forums. This allows discussions on multiple aspects for the same story and not "polluting" (pun intended) each others threads.

Complaining about it publicly, IMO, is beneath us all here at ATS.

Right , one being "news " and the other being a regular forum. However my thread that predates this thread by 2 days was closed .

sorry just trying to follow T&C *COUGH*
edit on 31-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join