It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising a pair of inquisitors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
By now some (several?) of you have seen me mention that I have two little boys. This morning while getting ready for school and eating breakfast I had a funny thing happen. Both of them have a bit of a cold and one has an ear infection, so they each had one of those little kid sized cups of medicine to down. Below is the conversation we had:

Me: don't forget to take your medicine guys

Oldest: why do I have to take medicine?

Me: It'll help keep your cough down.

Oldest: how do you know?

Me: that's what it's made for, just take it please.

Oldest: does it really work for 12 hours?

Me: that's what it says.

Youngest: but how do you know?

Oldest: yea, did you ask the people who make it?

Me: no, I didn't.

Youngest: maybe you should ask them then.

Oldest: you should, because how can you trust them if they just say so?

Me: I'll ask them if you take your medicine.

That's all verbatim. I had to step back in to my room to have a chuckle for a minute and decided to post it up on here. Anyway, the next generation of truth seekers is truly well on their way. Have a great day!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that.

It put a
on my face and brought back fond memories of similar conversations with my son.

Enjoy it, before you know it they will be teens and will try to avoid conversation at all costs.

I am now waiting for my son to reach 25 or so and see how his last 10 years was.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well done mate - you should be proud. The only way we are going to "keep the bastards honest" is through factual education and giving our kids a moral compass that protects the interests of the many against the few.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am proud!

I'm well used to the "why?" game, and I was impressed as all hell that they were asking those questions 15 minutes out of bed. At that point in my morning I usually am barely coherent enough to pour coffee, let alone question a drug company's claims lol.

@ stosh - I dread that day! I should've recorded it so I could tell them they used to talk to me lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

You just taught them to submit to (unknown to them) substances, because authority says so.

You were in a hurry right?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Awesome!

My husband and I had a chat with our 8 year old about cannabis the other night. How people have been misled about it and such. This was necessary because she will likely be taking DARE courses soon (Drug Awareness Resistance Education). We don't want her being fed what the system wants her to push.

She was astounded that the government lied about it, saying "it should be illegal for the government to lie!"

Also, we didn't go too in depth with her, but we want her to be educated about this, as we will be growing hemp this year and far too many people are uneducated concerning that plant and its potential. When I went to have a soil test done an older couple asked me what we are planting. When I said hemp they laughed in my face and asked if I would be making rope.....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

We don't do DARE here, so I'm dodging that bullet.

Nothing beats a good parent talking to their own kid/s. Good on you

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

LMAO!
Hahahaaaaaa...... you're raising them right!
Learning to question is not a bad thing.
You'll never have to worry about them taking candy from a stranger.

The part about the oldest asking "did you ask the people who made it" is what made me Snarf my coffee!

Good morning to you and your's

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You have a future attorney on your hand.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Should have told them to put it to the test. Tell them to get a stopwatch, down the medicine then stop it when they start coughing a lot again. Inquisitive minds are great, but we need more people who actually TEST things instead of just asking questions. How else are you going to know you are getting the right answers?
edit on 30-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Should have told them to put it to the test. Tell them to get a stopwatch, down the medicine then stop it when they start coughing a lot again. Inquisitive minds are great, but we need more people who actually TEST things instead of just asking questions. How else are you going to know you are getting the right answers?

If I had a nickel for every time I was ask to test something at BURNING MAN......

It happened... you're right. Testing things is a big part of learning life.
I wasn't ripping on you. But as one grows. So does the danger of access to bad drugs.
To add. I was working as a medic at burning man.. I thought I was getting water.
I came down 3 days later..

Very bad trip indeed!
edit on 30-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Me and my boss knew in 10 minutes what I might have ingested. I was yanked off of patient care privileges. And placed in a tent for the remainder of my trip. Thank god. The Swedish chef was trying to cook me.

edit on 30-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They'd just lose the stopwatch. Or trade it for Pokemon cards lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Greaaaaaat lol

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh

She was astounded that the government lied about it, saying "it should be illegal for the government to lie!"

Such wisdom from the mouths of babes.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning" - Ex-POTUS George W Bush

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

lol

The real question is, what is they learning?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I would have asked them to take the medicine as an experiment and watch the clock nearer the 12 hour mark to see if the claim was true. This way, you can introduce them to experimentation to determine whether a claim is true or not, like future scientists and truth seekers.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
ill ask them if you take your medicine!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

The oldest one is in 2nd grade. He still has trouble remembering to wear matching socks. Getting him to remember to check the clock for 12 hours would be nothing short of a miracle.

Give em a couple years

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Of course, but I would have remembered for them and made it more of a game.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join