It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica hits highest temp recorded—63 F

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Deniers will still deny it. It could hit 100 degrees there and they'd say "it was hotter in Arizona so what's the big deal?"

I just don't understand it. People readily accept the yearly screwed up weather patterns called "the little boy (el nino)" and "the little girl (la nina)". But they can't accept that more than 100 years of constantly burning fossil fuels would add particles into the atmosphere and change its balance.

Sadly, I think it's already too late.

Well if they had not been caught lying, then covering it up, then passing
emails talking about wanting to kill people who disagreed with them
even though they were caught lying, etc etc...

Hadley CRU email hacker explains his position

Ad naseum

Just so you know, there's no single group of pro-climate change scientists. So even if 20 scientists screw up or blatantly lie, it doesn't invalidate everyone else's research. Or can I use the same logic and say that if any climate change denier has posted a lie or fudged the numbers in their favor, then all of you must be wrong?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ocean levels are rising, great! It's about time the snobs sitting on ocean front property lost it and let the people a few blocks back have some LOL. New York will be under what, so? The big apple has been rotten to the core for a while, at least it won't stink so much under water. Florida under water? Well that'll teach 'em to build on a swamp. New Orleans, shame because I like the food and the music, but c'est la vie. Need I go on?

Please do! I found that hilarious.

The earth is heating up because it has the flu.

A virus.

Humans...

Of course, there are many changes in climate that are out of our control, but I do think we are helping accelerate whatever trend the earth is currently in. We will just have to adapt like we've been doing for ages. I am under the impression we've been manipulating jet streams and moisture in the air for decades.

More like a cancer I would think, than a flu. The irony is that the earth may create it's own defense by creating a group of greed driven psychopaths that in-turn pollute, make GMO's, etc., give all of us cancer and thereby extinguish the problem. We really don't know how it all works and to believe we do is rather arrogant and narcissistic.

Regardless, I think the main problems with any of this cyclic climate change has to do with primarily two things; the first being the sun and it's cycles, the second our position above, in or below the galactic plane (due to the amount of nebulous materials). The sun is fairly stable as far as output goes, within an a percentage point if I remember right. However, traversing the galaxy is another matter altogether. It is interesting that changes occur on other planets in the solar system as well, like Mars and Jupiter, seems to me that's not caused by mankind, SUV's and cow farts.

Since I believe we are headed for another ice-age real fast, I will continue driving my 5.7 litre V8 4x4 and do my part in holding off the cold ;-) It's really a shame that the civilizations (which probably existed, since we are going into the 5th Sun according to the Hopi) that have destroyed themselves before us, are not able to communicate across the vast sea of time and tell us where they went wrong. In not knowing the past we are doomed to repeat it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: glend
You mean the cold period that has lasted the last 10 years! Clearly even governments are having difficulty hiding the fact that the world has been cooling so has turned to media propaganda to try sway public opinion regardless of the facts (like the media mantra .. WMD in Iraq, WMD in Iraq, WMD in Iraq, when there was none).

US in cooling trend for last 10 years

Good for the U.S. and bad for the rest of the world. Not all of it is experiencing the same thing - see California's drought. A few summers ago, Oklahoma was insanely hot. The last couple of summers have been rather mild. You might notice that most of the rest of the world is screaming about climate change while the U.S. is not. Do you feel that is a coincidence?

Also, linking to Forbes as a source on climate change is pretty hilarious.

I am in Oklahoma and spent most of my 5 decades here.

It has been "Texas panhandle" hot here because we are at that level.

West Texas is mostly a desert and has been long before Industrial society.

Oklahoma is mix of that and what Kansas looks like.

We have old deserts here in Oklahoma such as "little sahara".

Little Sahara

The dust bowl in Oklahoma of the 1930's was not caused by SUV's.

Dust Bowl

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Another factor to add in is the rapid decrease in the earth's magnetic field due
to the beginning of Geomagnetic Reversal.

So we are more exposed to what some have termed space weather and the solar wind.

Geomagnetic Reversal

Magnetic Storm - the earth's invisible shield

The rapid decrease in the earth's magnetic field, and the long time interval since
the last one means this rapid drop is likely symptomatic of a field flip.

In fact as shown in the video large section of the magnetic field have already
reversed polarity.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Deniers will still deny it. It could hit 100 degrees there and they'd say "it was hotter in Arizona so what's the big deal?"

I just don't understand it. People readily accept the yearly screwed up weather patterns called "the little boy (el nino)" and "the little girl (la nina)". But they can't accept that more than 100 years of constantly burning fossil fuels would add particles into the atmosphere and change its balance.

Sadly, I think it's already too late.

Well if they had not been caught lying, then covering it up, then passing
emails talking about wanting to kill people who disagreed with them
even though they were caught lying, etc etc...

Hadley CRU email hacker explains his position

Ad naseum

Just so you know, there's no single group of pro-climate change scientists. So even if 20 scientists screw up or blatantly lie, it doesn't invalidate everyone else's research. Or can I use the same logic and say that if any climate change denier has posted a lie or fudged the numbers in their favor, then all of you must be wrong?

In the case of the hadley CRU emails, they were not just emailing each other there in
that building.

They emailed scientists all over the world, thus the issue is bigger then just those 20
sitting in that building.

The "hadley CRU hacker" was an insider who saw what was going on and decided the world
needed to know because it was based on lies, and he knew the plan was to prevent
the 3rd world from developing.

I agree we need to get rid of fossil fuels for a myriad of reasons, but Co2 is not one of them.

One of the former founders of Greenpeace explained why very well, and that CO2 was
10 times higher then today life was doing just fine several million years ago.

CO2 used to be 10 times higher then it is now

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

The extent of the ice cover has never been larger which tells that global warming models are incorrect as that cannot happen in warming oceans regardless of the thickness of the ice. But instead of advertising the fact that Antarctica is gaining ice like never before, we are bombarded with alarmism. Clearly its the GW camp that is alarmed by Antarctica, its a mighty big obstacle in their path to implement carbon derivatives for banking profits.
edit on 30 3 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: ugmold

LOL, Antartica ice extent is largest on record but if you do search google news you get nothing but global warming news, funny that!

The Antarctica ice extent growth is most likely the result of LAND-ice on Antarctica melting. The melted water flowing into the ocean is basically cooling down the surrounding oceans of Antarctica making it more receptable of freezing during southern winters.
edit on 30/3/2015 by chrismir because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I am in Oklahoma and spent most of my 5 decades here.

It has been "Texas panhandle" hot here because we are at that level.

West Texas is mostly a desert and has been long before Industrial society.

Oklahoma is mix of that and what Kansas looks like.

We have old deserts here in Oklahoma such as "little sahara".

Little Sahara

The dust bowl in Oklahoma of the 1930's was not caused by SUV's.

Dust Bowl

I have lived in Oklahoma all of my life, but most of it has been in the north-central part of the state. My parents have as well, though they grew up farming nearer to Lawton. Same with my grandparents on both sides. I know well what it is like here, and so do (or, regrettably, did) they. Summer of 2011 was horrid, too.

The panhandle is pretty arid, but I'm not sure what that has to do with it being hot one year and cool the next.

It is curious that you bring up the Dust Bowl, as a big part of that was because humans plowed the prairie grass under. Then drought came, and drought-susceptible crops couldn't deal with it like the native grass. Untold amounts of topsoil blew away from the winds, but it didn't just occur on its own - poor farming techniques were a prime reason it happened. That's why we started planting shelterbelts and windbreaks - to keep it from happening again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join