It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Canada plane has crash on the Runway in Halifax

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

They usually look worse than they are in cases like this because of all the bits that break off and crumple.

They may just write it off with this much damage, but I'd be willing to bet it could be returned to service of they chose to.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
then they should have gone to the alternate or wherever it was better wx, fuel permitting
a reply to: Sparkymedic

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh yeah, this one's a write off.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They got lucky. They hit 1100 feet short of the runway, taking out a power line and an antenna.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

When I saw reports of damaged ILS and runway lighting, I didn't think that the damage would be to the approach end of the runway. It'll be interesting to see what the cause is.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Crew. They made a bad choice to try to land in crap visibility.

I still want to see them fix it. A little Bondo and some wax, and you'll never notice the damage.
edit on 3/29/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If someone can make that plane flyable again for a good price, Delta needs to give them a call and get a quote for their LGA Mad Dog.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I don't know, I've seen more cabbage than this fly again. Not that I'd seriously expect them to fix this one.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Apparently the pilot landed the opposite direction, due to winds and visibility, and used the "back door" system for landing. The ILS was located on the opposite end of the runway. This allowed for a lower approach in poor visibility.

And I really hate my phone. That last post should have been "damage" not "cabbage". That's what I get for posting with a cracked screen.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I still want to see them fix it. A little Bondo and some wax, and you'll never notice the damage.
That would be a bad idea. The structure is bound to have multiple hairline cracks and no way of detecting them

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Actually its not hard. They did NDI inspections of our aircraft several times. Nose to tail, wingtip to wingtip using ultrasound.

But I was being facetious.
edit on 4/2/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The TSB is saying that some of the structural components on the right side of the aircraft penetrated the floor under rows 31 and 32, and the aft flight attendant fold down seat. The aircraft was configured correctly, airspeed was good, there were no mechanical issues.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join