It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the corporation so hostile to workers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Do you have any idea how debt based economies work?

Next time you drive through a poor nieghborhood or somewhere where there is people living on the streets or lining up for the food bank - you should know - that without them, you would be in debt. For you to have a black ledger, someone else has to have a red one. That is how it works so do not BS everyone and tell them that if they try hard they will succeed. You neglect to mention that someone has to NOT try in order for there to be money for you to profit. Success is a leach in this system.

Are you a leech? I am. And I stare it right in the face and admit it. You?

edit on 28-3-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gully

I can honestly tell you that's how Best Buy works. If you're not the type of guy that would proudly eat/breathe/sleep Best Buy, then you aren't going anywhere with the company.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

That is the single stupidest thing I have ever heard. Someone has to be in the red for another to be in the black? Only in 'Murica, apparently. Guess no one told this to Sweden, the Netherlands, Switzerland, etc...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It isn't the job of a company , no matter how big or small, to make all of their employees happy that simply isn't possible since someone will always find something to complain about. It is the companies responsibility to succeed at whatever service or product they are delivering.

I'm in year 23 of my career, IS/IT, and for the past 4 years I have worked for one of the most prestigious institutions in the world , in it's chosen field, that has been open for more than 100 years and has well over 10000 employees. I'm sure you can find a small % of people in this company that are unhappy but again I think that is a function of human nature vs a short coming of the work place. The attitude and attention leadership gives plus the end mission make it easy to motivate yourself. I can't think of a day where my manager hasn't started the morning off the same way "hey do you guys need anything from me" or "what can I do that makes your job easier"

On the opposite end of that spectrum the 5 years prior to my working where I do now I worked in the equivalent of professional Hell. That place was much closer to the type of company that the OP is talking about. Upper management didn't care if you were a high paid salaried network engineer or the janitor that just started out. It made no difference. Hostility, frustration, lack of resources and lack of autonomy ran rampant there. People with no technical skill would micro-manage projects into the ground so turn over was fairly high. No one was willing to go the extra mile there because management never made you feel appreciated or even cared for as they were all too busy trying to make sure they got there company car paid for. This company has already been sold since I left there and I imagine it will self destruct at some point if things have not changed.

I think you find mixes like that in every industry, you have your amazing companies to work for you and you have your levels of Hell companies to work for. I'm appreciative of everything I learned during my 5 year stay at that other place but i feel sorry for anyone that works there, or in an equivalent, type place.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Basically all a Corporation is, is a Bank Account and a Logo that people slave for. I don't see where the argument that Corporations are People comes from, it is wrong, and should be corrected.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

That is the single stupidest thing I have ever heard. Someone has to be in the red for another to be in the black? Only in 'Murica, apparently. Guess no one told this to Sweden, the Netherlands, Switzerland, etc...

Wow. You do NOT have any idea. It is the central banking system. Who said anything about "Murica" ?

The only ones left are Iran, North Korea and Cuba (actually I have to loom into Cuba)

Do you want some more stupid?

Probably the most boring documentary that I have ever seen but if you care....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I have never heard such a complete misrepresentation of how a society operates and survives in all my life.

It operates on exchange. Exchange of products, exchange of service. People are NOT profit/loss gain/lose.

If one produces a valuable product or service, exchanges it for other products or services. the via is usually a fiat money.

If one produces a highly valuable-subjective, to say the least- product or service, one receives more in exchange for it.

Really simple.

Yes, circumstance can restrict one's ability or opportunity to provide or deliver an exchangeable product or service.

Apparently, there are those that have either given up any attempt to provide an exchangeable product or service or have found alternative versions. Babies, in a reward based social system. Illegal products or services that are highly 'exchangable'...LOL.

There is suppression by corporations that deflect the opportunities to outside producers-foreign producers-that make the game harder...all kinds of barriers.

The fact remains that the majority find some form of solution, THEMSLVES, and carry on. That is who carries the burden.

it is the "black" as you call it that supports the poor.

Your post is pure rot...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

Every dollar in existence, was borrowed at interest. If the bank lent every dollar in existence at interest, then there is more debt than there is money. If you are not in debt on your share of the wealth, then someone else or in most cases, many people have to be in debt and working to pay interest, which becomes your profit. That is how a debt based economy works. And your right, it is VERY stupid.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I disagree, therefore I "have NO idea". Thanks..glad I have someone to tell me what I do and do not know. What I meant was this : there are economies that do not operate on the "I have so you can't" model, that there are those that do not treat it as a zero-sum game. And many are waking up to this fact. I despise the American notion that you are apparently enamoured of. I worked with the homeless for 10+ years, don't you dare tell they are the reason I have a car and a home. For shame, sir!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I have never heard such a complete misrepresentation of how a society operates and survives in all my life.

Sorry to burst your bubble. It is a fact and a reality so you might want to figure out a way to come to terms with it.

It operates on exchange. Exchange of products, exchange of service. People are NOT profit/loss gain/lose.

What are you referring to here. I never mentioned anything about that in the post you are replying to.

If one produces a valuable product or service, exchanges it for other products or services. the via is usually a fiat money.

Product or service, unless your talking about general labour or the sex trade, requires an overhead of some kind, that takes money. Borrowed at interest money. The purchase was also made with money borrowed at interest. The medium of exchange has a fee that is passed down from the central banks and accessible to the public only through commercial banks.

If one produces a highly valuable-subjective, to say the least- product or service, one receives more in exchange for it.

That "more" was the profit the purchaser made an another product or service. It does not matter. The real value of the product or service (except general labour and the sex trade) was borrowed at interest

Yes, circumstance can restrict one's ability or opportunity to provide or deliver an exchangeable product or service.

The circumstance is that there is not enough money for everyone.

Apparently, there are those that have either given up any attempt to provide an exchangeable product or service or have found alternative versions. Babies, in a reward based social system. Illegal products or services that are highly 'exchangable'...LOL.

If your going to ignore the reality by hating and showing disdain for those who do not have a seat in great game of 'Musical Chairs' then I suppose it is no surprise to me that you show me the same manners for putting the truth in front of you. Your like those people that buy your meat from 'Safeway' but could bare to stick your buck knife in the animals neck and watch it bleed.

There is suppression by corporations that deflect the opportunities to outside producers-foreign producers-that make the game harder...all kinds of barriers.

Speaking about deflection... barriers indeed.

The fact remains that the majority find some form of solution, THEMSLVES, and carry on. That is who carries the burden.

Like... 'First World' burdens?
Pfft.

it is the "black" as you call it that supports the poor.

Because you chose to support this system and you chose to ignore the the truth about it you end up "supporting" them.

go ahead and stop "supporting them" and see how fast a hungry belly can become a gun a to your head. We "support" them because we are stealing from them and we do not want them to become desperate any more than we want them to become resourceful and competitive over a finite share.

Your post is pure rot...

Then I bet your going to be sick by this post then.

edit on 28-3-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

I disagree, therefore I "have NO idea". Thanks..glad I have someone to tell me what I do and do not know. What I meant was this : there are economies that do not operate on the "I have so you can't" model, that there are those that do not treat it as a zero-sum game. And many are waking up to this fact. I despise the American notion that you are apparently enamoured of. I worked with the homeless for 10+ years, don't you dare tell they are the reason I have a car and a home. For shame, sir!

Being an agent for the suppression of insurrection is not a shameful title. It is a cunning role. Thank you for your service!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You make zero sense. How can we be stealing from them. You said yourself there's overhead, expenses.

If you think everyone is pulling their fair share, your ignoring reality.

You ignore that this system as you call it, at it's height, with 2% of the world's population produce 50% of it's manufactured goods. The system worked. it worked better than any other system ever has.

You detract from it, yet can produce no empirical evidence of a better system whatsoever.

Here's the simplicity that escapes you, It everyone produced to their full potential, no matter what product or service, there would be virtually no scarcity of ANY product or service. That includes food, housing you name it. ABUNDANCE.

Producing more than you take allows for that building to be paid for, for profit, for taxes...for the incapacitated.

That is NOT 'stealing" that is contributing to the society overall-not that there isn't those that do steal-we all contribute to that greater good, via taxes-(stealing?)-taking only a portion of what we produce in that exchange process.

I produce more than I take or is given for that production. Trying to create some artificial 'guilt' is garbage in my opinion.
The system is so flexible, that it survives stealing from the top on down to the bottom.

Amazing really....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You make zero sense. How can we be stealing from them. You said yourself there's overhead, expenses.

If you think everyone is pulling their fair share, your ignoring reality.

You ignore that this system as you call it, at it's height, with 2% of the world's population produce 50% of it's manufactured goods. The system worked. it worked better than any other system ever has.

You detract from it, yet can produce no empirical evidence of a better system whatsoever.

Here's the simplicity that escapes you, It everyone produced to their full potential, no matter what product or service, there would be virtually no scarcity of ANY product or service. That includes food, housing you name it. ABUNDANCE.

Producing more than you take allows for that building to be paid for, for profit, for taxes...for the incapacitated.

That is NOT 'stealing" that is contributing to the society overall-not that there isn't those that do steal-we all contribute to that greater good, via taxes-(stealing?)-taking only a portion of what we produce in that exchange process.

I produce more than I take or is given for that production. Trying to create some artificial 'guilt' is garbage in my opinion.
The system is so flexible, that it survives stealing from the top on down to the bottom.

Amazing really....

I never said there was a better system or that we should do anything about it. It works. I'm doing good lol.

I'm just keeping it real. Stick the knife in and watch it bleed, right? I don't subscribe to some religion to make myself feel better about it. It is me or them.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: redhorse

Because they don't see them as human beings or even living beings, they see them as a resource.

Employees are a resource. Sorry but that's the cold truth.

Slavery used to be a cold truth. Just because someting hides behind a rationalization doesnt mean it should not be changed. They are vewed as resources, thats the problem, they are living beings, not a commodity.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

OK. By the way I've taken moose at upper loon lake of off 30 mile house in the caribou back in the day. Lived on moose and deer, salmon, trout.

Good times.....

edit on 28-3-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

A bit of a generality in this post. How about an example? Name the company and the circumstance.

I'm not saying this doesn't or isn't happening, I do see an extremely powerful H.R. that protects it's workers-perhaps to avoid legal issues-more than any time in my 65 years.

Wages and benefits should be excluded, in my opinion, as economic factors trumps and they change regularly.

Family time, pregnancy time, sick days etc. all were non-existent not that long ago.....

I am not attacking a specific company, I am talking about a prevailing attitude right now that is adversarial, and that companies are constantly attacking benefits, wages, and job security, which IMHO sets a tone of hostility. My question is, why is this attitude allowed to be acceptable by society? Why to people so gleefully consign themselves to a life of workplace exploitation and mistreatment?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

OK. By the way I've taken moose at upper loon lake of off 30 mile house in the caribou back in the day. Lived on moose and deer, salmon, trout.

Good times.....

Mmmmmmmooose meat. Thank goodness they are so lazy, keeps the meat soft and doesn't need as much beating. Lol. Oh the parallels between hunting and debt based capitalism are endless.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Once again this attitude you state, I do not see. I do see 'keeping up with the jones' '.

PR is a huge issue these days. Most companies bend over backwards to avoid bad publicity. Some benefits, like pensions were based on stock market performance that is no longer occurring and the corporations will have to make up the difference- the same as public sector pension agreements that could double the national debt- ObamaCare has forced hard decisions as well.

I don't see 'hostility'. I do see it in your opening remarks, though.

That's why I asked for examples.

I ask again for egs of this 'hostility' you refer to.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Capitalism, hunting AND life in general....

The alternatives are better suited to ants and bees....

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Because they are greedy. Why else?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join