It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why A Common Brain Parasite Would Cause Its Host To Commit Suicide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
More elaboration is this parasite is know to turn into a benign hard cyst.

What pine bark extract appears to do is reduce the oxidative stress that lead to the formation of circulatory and blood disorders in the first place. You can think of it kind of like the drains and piping in your house -- when gunk builds up over time causing blockages, it is necessary to dissolve these blockages with a drain rooter or dissolving agent. In this case, pine bark extract is the dissolving agent.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Possible correlation? Deer naturally eat pine bark to rid themselves of parasites.

edit on 27-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
JOHANNESBURG

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: w8tn4it

The current study(Prevalence of Toxoplasma gondii, Bartonella species and haemoplasma infection in cats in South Africa) investigated the prevalence of selected infectious agents in cats from Johannesburg, South Africa, for which no published data exists.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Hmmm... Strange

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

In a separate article, newly published in the March 2015 issue of the popular science magazine Scientific American MIND, Sullivan and IU School of Medicine colleague Gustavo Arrizabalaga, professor of pharmacology and toxicology and of microbiology and immunology, describe research by others dating back to the 1980s showing that rodents infected with Toxoplasma behave differently, including not only being unafraid of cat odors, but actually attracted to them. In effect, research suggests, Toxoplasma modifies the host rodents' brains so that the animals will be eaten and the parasites can make their way to the cat intestinal system -- the only place where Toxoplasma can sexually reproduce.

Is it just me?

Or is this highly researched, expert opinion just speculation that makes people want to commit suicide because rats lose their fear of cats?

Imo, lots of reasons people use to justify suicide. Blaming it on a virus is one way of deflecting from the reality… life sucks. "Common brain Parasites" didn't cause all the crime, poverty, endless war, debt, etc. The gubment let that stuff happen.

Chalk this up along side the war on terror, bermuda triangle and chemtrail BS.

Intriguingly -- and much more speculatively, Arrizabalaga and Sullivan warn -- some research has suggested that Toxoplasma infection could alter human behavior, and that changes could vary by gender. One study found that infected men tend to be introverted, suspicious and rebellious, while infected women tended to be extraverted, trusting and obedient. Others have suggested an association with schizophrenia.

Speculating from 'one study suggests' doesn't do it for me, sorry.

You're right to be weary. From it's original study even the author of the study admitted it to being speculative.

I work in the veterinary field having to deal with people in panic over this from time to time. To say these speculative studies do way more harm than good. Sure be cautious, be cleanly, but please don't dump your pets on the street or euthanize them out of fear(as some people have)!

Hopefully they can work on the studies a bit more, more conclusive if this does turn out to be what it is, instead of any hype.

Pay attention to these keywords in the latest study's information:

These cysts may contribute to the suppression of a rodent’s typical aversion to feline odors

It is possible that immune response to infection with T. gondii exacerbates suicide risk factors such as depression – a potential precursor to suicide – and resultant cognitive deficits.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

Plus Livescience, the MSM of science reporting, usually has an agenda anyway.

For one thing, even with a 26 percent infection rate, the number of women in the study who attempted suicide was very small. For those who may be at risk, there may be treatments.

from the Livescience source

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Arrizabalaga and Sullivan warn -- some research has suggested that Toxoplasma infection could alter human behavior. The suggestion is that it could alter humans behavior. That was shown by other links if you look into it. I am not trying to cause panic but the CDC admits the parasitic disease exists. What its full potential is is speculative.

women who were infected were 1.8 times more likely to attempt suicide by violent means than uninfected women.
www.livescience.com...

I am by no means saying to overreact about pets. I love my cat. You can get parasites from unwashed fruits and veggies. Look it up

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

We have a lot of stinging nettle around here. I had a clay rock fall apart and it was full of seeds, they were so thick in that area they looked like a blob. I had to look up what they were and transplanted some of them. I crushed up the rest of that clay ball and tossed it around. Now I got nettle all over the place. I wonder who put those thousands of seeds into that clay rock?

I also have another clay rock with what looks like barley or rice in it. The clay is harder though, I don't think they will take.

edit on 27-3-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

We have a lot of stinging nettle around here. I had a clay rock fall apart and it was full of seeds, they were so thick in that area they looked like a blob. I had to look up what they were and transplanted some of them. I crushed up the rest of that clay ball and tossed it around. Now I got nettle all over the place. I wonder who put those thousands of seeds into that clay rock?

I also have another clay rock with what looks like barley or rice in it. The clay is harder though, I don't think they will take.

Thats another coincidence that I recently looked into Bentonite clay binds to gram-negative bacteria and helps eliminate them from your digestive tract; it is very helpful in relieving diarrhea. Clay could have some anti-parasitic properties. We need more publicly reported results

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I have a bottle of bentonite in our storage area as an emergency treatment option. It kind of kills almost anything and there is no antibiotic resistance with that stuff. You can just use electric current on bacteria and fungus also, a car coil would work fine. most Bacteria and fungus can't live well in oils and fats either. Fats probably won't effect that parasite though.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Heres my last real wild notion about toxoplasmosis, could it be cured with catnip? or am I crazy

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So. My cat really IS trying to kill me?

That jerk!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
I read somewhere that treatments for Malaria may also help treat this.

Toxoplasma Gondii is related to the parasite that causes malaria. I have sjogrens and the treatment for it is Plaquinel [Hydroxychloroquine] 400mg a day - which is a malaria drug. I've never heard that it can be used to treat this. I'll have to look around and see if I can find information on it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

ATS be aware that I would not recommend the advice of our fellow ATS member. This Hydroxychloroquine probably is prescribed by your doctor. No thanks. Do you happen to know the side effects?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
ATS be aware that I would not recommend the advice of our fellow ATS member. This Hydroxychloroquine probably is prescribed by your doctor. No thanks. Do you happen to know the side effects?

WHAT are you talking about? I gave no advice. And of course I have it prescribed by a doctor and I know the side effect, I've been on it for five years and will be for the rest of my life. I suggest you go reread my post. Looks like you totally missed what I said.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Can you list the side effects and ingredients of Plaquinel [Hydroxychloroquine] 400mg a day?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think we should celebrate this thread by spoiling our cats with catnip! It could be a remedy for toxoplasmosis

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hey hey, yet another nail in the coffin for total freewill. Let's see, stomach bacteria that can actually change our moods, electromagnetic fields that can actually alter our moral sense...etc etc. How long before people have to accept the absolute fact that you are not as in control of yourself and your actions as you think you are!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Calalini electromagnetic fields that can actually alter our moral sense...etc etc. How long before people have to accept the absolute fact that you are not as in control of yourself and your actions as you think you are!

Ats please look into routers and plant seedlings growing next to them, It wont work. Why not?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Maybe your router is too close to your plant seedlings ???

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustydog

Maybe your router is too close to your plant seedlings ???

Can you prove thats the case?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I work in the veterinary field having to deal with people in panic over this from time to time. To say these speculative studies do way more harm than good. Sure be cautious, be cleanly, but please don't dump your pets on the street or euthanize them out of fear(as some people have)!

Thanks for the inside insight.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join