It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Seeks Retraction of W.H.O. Report Linking Roundup to Cancer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Monsanto Co, maker of the world's most widely used herbicide, Roundup, wants an international health organization to retract a report linking the chief ingredient in Roundup to cancer.

The company said on Tuesday that the report, issued on Friday by the World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), was biased and contradicts regulatory findings that the ingredient, glyphosate, is safe when used as labeled.

A working group of the IARC, based in Lyon, France, said after reviewing scientific literature it was classifying glyphosate as "probably carcinogenic to humans."

"We question the quality of the assessment," Philip Miller, Monsanto vice president of global regulatory affairs, said on Tuesday in an interview. "The WHO has something to explain."

Monsanto officials have asked to meet with WHO and IARC members, and Miller said the company wants a retraction.

A representative of the IARC could not immediately be reached for comment on Tuesday.

Miller said the company provided scientific data to the IARC showing the safety of glyphosate, but that the agency largely ignored it.
in.reuters.com...

Relevant ATS Thread
W.H.O. Report Links Ingredient in Roundup to Cancer

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Been banned here in Canada for years.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have a feeling that over the coming years Monsatan is going to be throwing many tantrums as their evil gets exposed over and over again!

This issue over Glyphosate has in my humble opinion exposed one of the industries favorite "unbiased" sources of disinfo aka Always supporting corporate science!! Science Based Medicine.org!!

Therefore, it is concluded that the use of Roundup herbicide does not result in adverse effects on development, reproduction, or endocrine systems in humans and other mammals. For purposes of risk assessment, no-observed-adverse-effect levels (NOAELs) were identified for all subchronic, chronic, developmental, and reproduction studies with glyphosate, AMPA, and POEA.

It is not as if the "peer reviewed" community could be corrupted by money now is it!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This poison is in everything in the US including the breast milk of new mothers. Someone has to stop these evil bastards. Will they buy their way out of this damning report or find some other way to suppress the truth.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
But But But

The science !!

The science !!

The97% The97%

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
In a perfect world lots of Monsanto's executives and scientists would be sitting in prison cells, eating mush and raising birds.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
They have the scientific answers !!

Ask Us Anything About GMOs!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

poor birds

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

In prison eating their own product would be more fitting.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Are you sure about that? I thought that the key to all those GMO corn and soy crops is that they were roundup resistant. Could be wrong, though.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Who doesn't like tasty cancersprouts?

Farmers need to step in as well imo. They are the ultimate producers.

The convenience of the gmo crops are tempting because of the reduced labor needed in the fields.
They just poison off competing plants. Too tempting for farmers and their profit margins.

The whole invasive patented pollination issue is another can of worms with Hellsanto.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Are you sure about that? I thought that the key to all those GMO corn and soy crops is that they were roundup resistant. Could be wrong, though.

I think they can handle massive unnatural doses of roundup, so they blast the fields with the poison, it kills everything else, and in the process absorbs into the plants.
I could be wrong too

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You are right, I was misinformed.

ETA: I just looked it up at Canadian tire and it says this: Not available in ON, NB or PEI due to provincial regulations
edit on 26-3-2015 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Jan 25,2011 - 80 Percent of Canadians Protected by Pesticide Laws

edit on 26-3-2015 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt When I win that powerball, I'm starting a fund just to independently research Monsanto. How much more is left unstudied in Roundup? No one can even report results. Publish AND Perish seems to be the game.

How many of these 21St century epidemics might be connected to Roundup? Depression. Obesity. Autism. Fibromyalgia. Anxiety. Polycystic ovarian syndrome. Not to mention the big C.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You are right, I was misinformed.

ETA: I just looked it up at Canadian tire and it says this: Not available in ON, NB or PEI due to provincial regulations

I do believe you can buy it for 'agricultural purposes'...and if you tell them it's for poison ivy. But it's kept locked up at my local 'home of the handyman'.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Apparently it may increase the chance of a certain type of cancer in people who work with it day day out.

I also believe that their methods of use wasn't revealed, working on memory here so I could be wrong, were they using it on windy days, wash their hands etc etc.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They have the scientific answers !!

Ask Us Anything About GMOs!

From your link:

In the US, the EPA is responsible to examine all uses of pesticides and must examine the residue data and establish safe levels of exposure. All uses must be approved and the combined exposure from all crops must be below the acceptable dose level established by the EPA.

THAT is the main reason why you can't trust any of the science. And what's with the "combined exposure" BS?! Does that mean some of the levels of one crop can be really high as long as levels from another are really low and balance it out?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It appears Canada has the right idea when it comes to glyphosate management

germination.ca...

The biggest issue with glyphosate, one many here just plain ignore, as it's easier to just blurt "monsanto is evil!!", is its over use.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This poison is in everything in the US including the breast milk of new mothers. Someone has to stop these evil bastards. Will they buy their way out of this damning report or find some other way to suppress the truth.

Probably, they already own the Judiciary and legislature, why not the WHO too.

Although i'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed that this will be the final nail in the bastard's coffins and Monsanto goes out of business in short order.

If you own stocks in Monsanto, firstly, shame on you - you're a wicked wicked individual, and secondly, we all make mistakes, dump your stocks before they become as worthless as a chocolate teapot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join