It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminists request use of "jazz hands" rather than clapping to avoid triggering "anxiety" [OP UPD

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you are saying that religious trauma doesn't occur over a long period of abuse?

Not necessarily, but the religious trauma that occurs over a long period of time tends to cause indoctrination. Like someone getting sucked into an abusive cult. The only religious trauma that I can think of that would be similar to the man on woman trauma would be a priest molesting an altar boy, but that's also sexual trauma. Sooo... Same difference.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Wow! You're grasping at straws now!

There are no "special" rights for LGBT people, nor for any specific race or gender. There is, however, an Act of Congress that places the proclivities of the religious above the law of the land.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Trauma is trauma. It does not matter how long it lasts. Does not matter what kind it is.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I think that is an overly simplistic and naive way to look at it. There are all sorts of different types of physical injuries one can sustain. I can cut my finger with knife or I could trip and break a leg. You wouldn't say those two injuries are the same would you? Even within fractures there are many different types of ways you can break your bones. Not all require the same treatment either.

To say that trauma DOESN'T behave like this and that all trauma is the same is entirely against the way the rest of our body works.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

This is what you said:

Sexual trauma can occur over a long period of abuse. Religious trauma tends to be something that happens all at once.

Anyway if they have anxiety disorder from hearing clapping then they need to keep to themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I know what I said. Why did you quote it?

Anyway if they have anxiety disorder from hearing clapping then they need to keep to themselves.

That's a pretty mean spirited thing to say. "To hell with your problems, I want to be able to clap!"

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: beezzer
Imma gonna have fun with this.

And I'm going to have a blast watching your puns roll forth. But, I'd like to point out that I don't believe you to be a "feminist". Humanist seems more appropriate, since it doesn't focus on one gender above any other. I consider myself a humanist, if people want to get picky. I consider feminism to be a rather shallow, unproductive movement & label. It's a nice badge of honor for women to wear, if they're conceited enough to think no one but them deserves any fairness at all in life & it's pursuits.

Does it matter what we call ourselves or each other? Just as long as we treat each other equally, then labels are trivial.

And I am a smart-ass to everyone, equally.

The only reason I would ever put women on a pedestal would be to better look up their dress.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thats the lamest stuff I have heard in a minute... This is what is wrong with the world we live in today. Them feminism of the American people... We float on a rock bound by laws and those laws state that survival of the fittest is the order of the day and we are trying to push way the wrong way...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I know what I said. Why did you quote it?

Because you claimed that it takes more time for some traumas than others.

That's a pretty mean spirited thing to say. "To hell with your problems, I want to be able to clap!"

If they requested at certain speech or play then yeah we will comply. But to force us to change what we have always done? NO.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Because you claimed that it takes more time for some traumas than others.

Yes and? Are you going to elaborate on why that is faulty reasoning? Again I know what I said.

If they requested at certain speech or play then yeah we will comply. But to force us to change what we have always done? NO.

It was ONE meeting. Feminists aren't taking to the streets trying to ban clapping. They were at the meeting and asked the people hosting it to oblige that request. They did and no one cared until Breitbart decided to write a hit piece on feminists targeting a benign request.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

It was ONE meeting. Feminists aren't taking to the streets trying to ban clapping. They were at the meeting and asked the people hosting it to oblige that request. They did and no one cared until Breitbart decided to write a hit piece on feminists targeting a benign request.

Ah now we are in agreement lol. As they say... much ado about nothing.

Yes and? Are you going to elaborate on why that is faulty reasoning? Again I know what I said.

Because it makes no difference on how long it takes.

This thread title should be called Much Ado About Nothing. LOL

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Are feminists deaf? because using jazz hands is how you should applaud deaf people-no joke.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Are feminists deaf? because using jazz hands is how you should applaud deaf people-no joke.

Yes. Oh wait am I a feminist deaf man?

But anyway as krazyshot and others have stated it's just a meeting. It's nothing to be worried about.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The NUS has already taken a number of steps to protect its vulnerable women in the past. At their main conference they operate a “women-only safe space” where delegates who feel unable to be near men can hang around together.

what a joke, give them 6 months in a female prison and see how far this propaganda gets them with the women inside, the ones that have really had to go through hell.
cant pick up your teeth with broken jazz fingers.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Why would you want to throw traumatized women in prison? Is this some sort of therapy in your mind? Do you think the traumatized women deserve to be punished for their request?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Have you ever considered the fact that the people it is causing anxiety for may have autism or a similar condition that can involve hyper sensitivity to noises such as clapping?

I really dont get why this is a big deal OP. Is this really about feminism? Sounds like a rant to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
Just stopping by to see how the thread is progressing

I'm in agreement with you.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

We were always in agreement. My position on this matter has never changed. This is my first post in the thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Segregation based off Gender is wrong. That is all I will say on this subject.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yeah you made me see what the OP is trying to say. It's nothing really. They are not trying to change anything anywhere.

It's THEIR meeting.

But why announce it though?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join