It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mental Universe part 2

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic
Enlighten us.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

In what respect?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

WHAT consciousness really is.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No one knows. Many theories exist, all have yet to be proven.

I do genuinely enjoy the theory of Hammeroff and Penrose' quantum consciousness theory.

Quantum Consciousness

It personally makes the most amount of sense to me. But they still have much left to prove.

edit on thppmFri, 27 Mar 2015 16:00:50 -0500k1503America/Chicago2700 by Sparkymedic because: typo

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Consciousness is more than just brain functions. Science may try to explain, but it will be in vain.

Consciousness is to know that I am aware. Aware that there is something else that we can't see until we get rid of this body. Some people has already seen some of it. I have seen bits of the other side (the real one). I have seen the "cables" that connects each one of us.

Last year the 21 of december, I saw the spiritual door to the other side, with one of my colleagues, even my wife saw it (and she is very skeptical). Now she listen more to me, I'm less crazy.

We are working toward trying to cross it in the next winter solstice.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So, what is consciousness?

I don't think you're wrong, but neither do I think arpgme is either.

I personally don't think anyone really knows WHAT consciousness really is.

You cannot know consciousness because you are being it.
No thing can appear outside wakefulness.
Are you awake?
edit on 28-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Consciousness is more than just brain functions. Science may try to explain, but it will be in vain.

Consciousness is to know that I am aware.
To be conscious is to be aware of what is appearing.

Aware that there is something else that we can't see until we get rid of this body. Some people has already seen some of it.
The body is what is appearing to be seen. THAT which is seeing the body and ALL that appears will never be seen. It is the 'seeing of' what is appearing to be seen.
Consciousness is the aware space in which all phenomenon arise and subside.

You are not the body - you are the awareness in which the body and the thoughts come and go.

All that appears is a modulation of that awareness (consciousness).

All eyes are looking from the same place - the 'other side'. But some eyes can't see what is before them because they are lead astray by the thought stream which tells stories of 'me and other'. Realize that even the thought stream is an appearance - you are the 'seeing of' the thoughts which speak about separate things. But you (consciousness/awareness) are never in the content of the stories - you are the space which allows all stories to appear - you are the context.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

To know God is to Be God.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
i wouldnt imagine the macrocosm to be nearly so romantic and fantastical as you paint it. it most certainly isnt an organism in the way you suggest. lots of cold bitter space dotted with burning gas and frozen chunks of rock. not a giant bearded man or even an amorphous consciousness.

But the universe is alive and conscious and electric and plasma. It is many things, hylozoism good place to start.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Consciousness is to know that I am aware. Aware that there is something else that we can't see until we get rid of this body. Some people has already seen some of it. I have seen bits of the other side (the real one). I have seen the "cables" that connects each one of us.

Last year the 21 of december, I saw the spiritual door to the other side, with one of my colleagues, even my wife saw it (and she is very skeptical). Now she listen more to me, I'm less crazy.

We are working toward trying to cross it in the next winter solstice.

You didn't bother reading the link I posted did you. I highly recommend you do. And anything you don't understand, you should seek answers to.

Your explanation of consciousness being that it's "knowing that you are aware" falls quite short of any depth of knowledge beyond your own personal perception of whatever you're doing to see a door or whatever it is.

Yes, scientists can't explain everything, but they sure as hell have more logic and answers than anyone else who attempts to explain the unknown.

Good for you that you are traveling to the other side. Send me a post card when you get there.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The mental universe is nothing but chatting in the head which make things up that are not true - the voices tell you that this present moment could have been different if..........

edit on 29-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Individual conciousness is limited in a sense ... We can only be aware of what we are aware of ... through our thoughts.
Our awareness is our thoughts ... thought is our link ...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
Individual conciousness is limited in a sense ... We can only be aware of what we are aware of ... through our thoughts.
Our awareness is our thoughts ... thought is our link ...

Are you not aware of thoughts?
You are awareness!

Thoughts appear in awareness.
You never appear - you are the 'seeing of' what appears.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Are you not aware of thoughts?
You are awareness!

Yes I am aware of thought ... and the thoughts of others when expressed or sensed ... if that makes what I am awareness ... I have to say ... I am only aware of something's

Thoughts appear in awareness.
You never appear - you are the 'seeing of' what appears.

Depends what you mean by "You" ... I do not see all that appears ... I am part of something but not that thing

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Any explanation of consciousness will always fall short of it real meaning.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Consciousness is more than just be aware of what is appearing. Is also to be aware of what is not.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Consciousness is more than just be aware of what is appearing. Is also to be aware of what is not.

How is it possible to be aware of what is not? Tomorrow is not. Yesterday is not. However, the words 'tomorrow and yesterday' are.

What are you aware of that is not?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There are things in this world that we don’t understand. But the ones that really want to learn, can see beyond this physical world. We need to learn to use our eyes to be aware of those things.

Matthew 6:22-23 "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

How am I aware of that is not? Tomorrow is not, but there will be a tomorrow with me or without me. Yesterday is not, but it already happen whether is was of significance or not. Every decision I made has the power to change the outcome of any other decision tomorrow or in the future.
I had made "bad" decisions that later turned out to be good.

I also explore the possibilities of every choice, by way of meditation.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Is the eye full of tomorrow and yesterday?
If the eye is full of tomorrow and yesterday then it is dreaming separation - so is not the single eye.
The single eye sees what is appearing.

Yesterday and tomorrow can only exist as words. If you are trying to explore tomorrow then you are just seeing the inside your head - the mental realm.

Tomorrow never comes.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The eye is both, yesterday and tomorrow.
The eye only sees light, energy waves that our physical brain interpret as an object. Those waves can be affected by my own energy waves that I create using just my thinking. If I use the eye to see those waves I can clearly see where they came from and where they are headed. Therefore I know it's beginning (yesterday) and it's end (tomorrow) at the same time. They eye sees all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join