It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'day form the land down under

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
So i have been recently reading a lot of the post on this site and well lets be honest like most of the people on this site i have become hooked! There is a lot of great information along with a bit of what I thought rubbish and conspiracy that i could of never dream up in my wildest dreams. But it has got me thinking more for myself. So I am from a small country town that well its small ok! closest shops are about 90kms away, so i find some of the survival/preper things pretty funny that I have read. anyways looking forward to contributing towards much needed information.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptiNimble

Welcome from a fellow Aussie . Perhaps if we get enough of us we can have Obama free zones .

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You beaudy mate!

Cheers and Beers,

Kind Regards

Bally. (In a small rural town meself)

edit on 25-3-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

well at least there is a lot of water in between him and us and a lot of red dirt behind our backs to run 2.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

What do you class as a small town out of curiosity?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Bout 200 - farming - and perhaps getting smaller. But I guess from your question you may come from a smaller locale. I'm closer to a larger centre though. Have lived in central Aus NT where there is basically nothing.

Kind Regards,

Bally

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

well yea my partner and i do a lot of remote touring in our 4x4 gone past towns that have only a couple of houses. got any fishing spots for me in the NT? heading that way in a couple of moths.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Well, ditch the moths
and perhaps catch up with Barra on the Daly or the Alligator rivers. Corroboree Billabong is also good for a visit. You can hire boats there.

True love and I usually took the tinlids to Gunn Point out from Palmerston for a long weekend. Camp right on the beach, secluded with a few little creeks to flick lures about and chuck in a few crab pots. Always got a feed.

By the way, I left the Territory late in 13 and now live on the north coast of NSW where I found new fishing grounds. Enjoy the NT. Visit Litchfield, you won't be dissapointed.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
G'day mate from SA.

There are a few of us here. Join in. Have fun.

But don't take everything too seriously.

A great deal of good stuff and an equal amount of kanga poo.

If you would like a nice Avatar go here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just give them some idea of what you are after.

P

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

pretty happy with myself been fishing in most of these spots and did pretty good, loved those spots u mentioned gunn point was really good for queenis and and gts on surface cant wait to have another cast there

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

cheers on the advice on the avatar

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
G'day fellow Aussie!

Welcome to ATS, there are plenty of us fellow Aussies floating around, one day we shall take over the world!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Would you really like to overtake the world? seems like a lot of responsibility! but i could see its other benefits...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Crikey mate, you're well travelled. My favourite fishing spots were up from Ramingining to MIllingimbi and around the islands but very hard to get to without a permit. Roads are rough but the fishing was worth it.

Elcho and Bathurst were other great spots as was puttin in from Dundee. Boats a must.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

yea we travel with 3.9m tinnie on the roof on the old patrol, not wrong a boat is a must, those lizards test my nerve especially in remote areas were that not use to boats! we had a couple on keep river attack the tinnie twice! Gosh i find it hard to get permission from local Tradition owners, usually have to end up bypassing them and getting permission from the local cops instead. I really dislike that we in Australia have two different laws for its same people. i will have to do some homework on "Ramingining to MIllingimbi and around the islands".

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaptiNimble
a reply to: Kryties

Would you really like to overtake the world? seems like a lot of responsibility! but i could see its other benefits...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Welcome to the site mate. Enjoy the ride...Few of us Aussies here!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Yeah, drop into or get in touch with the Northern Aboriginal Land Council (I think that is what its still called) when you get up north. Plan a trip and seek a permit for its duration in the areas where you intend to visit.

Ramingining is a small community inland but has a length of road to "the ramp". Across the small strait is Millingimbi island, another small aboriginal community. The area is known as the crocodile islands and has many small inlets/rivers/creeks. Strictly no alcohol.

Lots of Buff and of course the lizards. Crabs are huge. Tins of repellant mate and plenty of water.

If you get a permit there are some friendly locals who will point you in the right direction. April is a good time to visit. Check the level and tide of the Alligator if you cross from the Kakadu end. Perhaps after passing through that country take the back road up to Nuhulunby to freshen up.

Bally

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Hello, Welcome to ATS! "Remember, It's just a Ride."

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

i find some of the survival/preper things pretty funny that I have read. anyways looking forward to contributing towards much needed information.

Here in the West we have piles of tactical gear, ammo and survival knifes to fight off the zombie hoards on our TV's.

Once in a while we cook off and go on killing sprees because we are tired of waiting for the coming pocky clips.

Lol, could sure use some common sense from down under. Bring that guy Max with you…

and welcome to the site.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join