It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman accuses Obama of inflaming racial tensions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

(CNN)George Zimmerman says he bears a grudge against President Obama, accusing him of inflaming racial tensions around the Trayvon Martin case.

Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murder in 2013 over Martin's death, made the allegations against Obama in a video posted on his lawyers' website.

The February 2012 killing of Martin, an unarmed black teenager, by Zimmerman, a Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer, stirred fierce debate about race and the justice system.

Zimmerman, who is now 31, said he shot Martin in self-defense during a confrontation in Sanford, Florida. But critics allege the death was spurred by racial profiling.

'Dereliction of duty'
In the new video, Zimmerman claims it was Obama who stoked racial tensions surrounding the case.

He cites the President's remarks in March 2012, when the case was still being investigated, in which Obama said, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."
edition.cnn.com...

Why the F..k this azz hole cannot just GO AWAY!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Lol hes going to be a hero for right wing nuts

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So that's why he beats women and old men?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

In the new video, Zimmerman claims it was Obama who stoked racial tensions surrounding the case.

No dude, you did that all by yourself.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Zimmerman’s a real loser. The guy gets away with murder, and still has to lay the blame on others. He’s a sociopath and a menace to society. If there was any justice in this world he’d be doing life right now. Unfortunately this psychotic dirt bag gets to walk, thanks to the twisted system of justice in this country. The convoluted legal system and low-life legislators have as much blood on their hands as Zimmerman does in this case. And you’re right, dukeofjive: that crack about Obama will elevate him to hero status and bring him a lot of praise from the foaming at the mouth, looney toons nut sacs on the right. A masterful finger pointer like him could have a bright future in politics.

The world must be having a psychotic breakdown is all I can figure.

Let the Good Times Roll...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

(CNN)George Zimmerman says he bears a grudge against President Obama, accusing him of inflaming racial tensions around the Trayvon Martin case.

Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murder in 2013 over Martin's death, made the allegations against Obama in a video posted on his lawyers' website.

The February 2012 killing of Martin, an unarmed black teenager, by Zimmerman, a Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer, stirred fierce debate about race and the justice system.

Zimmerman, who is now 31, said he shot Martin in self-defense during a confrontation in Sanford, Florida. But critics allege the death was spurred by racial profiling.

'Dereliction of duty'

He cites the President's remarks in March 2012, when the case was still being investigated, in which Obama said, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."
edition.cnn.com...

Why the F..k this azz hole cannot just GO AWAY!!!

HOW could you lave out the best part???? When he compared himself to Anne Frank! I mean seriously, this guy is SCREAMING for attention! Because I don't know about you, but when I hear of someone killing blacks, beating up women, old men, and just plain being psycho, my mind ALWAYS flashes to Anne Frank!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: netbound
Zimmerman’s a real loser. The guy gets away with murder, and still has to lay the blame on others. He’s a sociopath and a menace to society. If there was any justice in this world he’d be doing life right now. Unfortunately this psychotic dirt bag gets to walk, thanks to the twisted system of justice in this country. The convoluted legal system and low-life legislators have as much blood on their hands as Zimmerman does in this case. And you’re right, dukeofjive: that crack about Obama will elevate him to hero status and bring him a lot of praise from the foaming at the mouth, looney toons nut sacs on the right. A masterful finger pointer like him could have a bright future in politics.

The world must be having a psychotic breakdown is all I can figure.

Let the Good Times Roll...

I love it when he thanks the broken justice system for making him a free man.
edit on 3/25/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj
Yeah, I hear ya, Anyafaj. And that remark about Anne Frank is a real crackup!

You just can't make this stuff up! Ha!!

edit on 3/25/2015 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
While i think people in the position of governmental power should not comment on ongoing legal cases, i think these statements made by Zimmerman do not do him any good. He should have just shut up and disappeared from the spotlight...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Wait, what? He claimed that he's just like Anne Frank? Dafuq? Sorry George, but no, you're not like Anne Frank. At all.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Someday I think this guy is going to end up in jail. Before clicking on this thread the last time I heard anything about him was a few months ago and I think it was because he assaulted someone, but I could be mistaken since it was awhile ago. The news keeps making him relevant every time people start to forget about him. One day, he is going to slip up so badly that the judge won't have any choice but to put him in jail.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
He's not wrong. The part he left out was that he was also hard at work fanning the flames.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
He's right. Regardless of your opinion of the guy, if you can't look past that to the facts of his argument, you are no better than the type of person who you think he is.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The guy had a history of trouble and violence long before Obama.

The guy beat his girlfriend - I suppose that was Gloria Steinem's fault.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocketgirl
the last time I heard anything about him was a few months ago and I think it was because he assaulted someone,

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That was a thread with far left alternet as the source. It said that he was in jail on a felony for aggravated assault and that he couldn't get out on bail and he used a deadly weapon. But the truth turned out to be that he had an argument with his girlfriend and tossed a wine bottle at her. She called the cops and he was arrested but released on something like $5,000 bail. It wasn't a felony, it was just a domestic and I'm pretty sure the charges were dropped. The alternet story was debunked. Thread Here

The far left piles crap on this guy and nothing ever sticks.
The far right luvs him but ignores that he continually makes stupid choices.

The truth about him is in the middle.
But his statement about Obama inflaming racial tensions was accurate.
Between Obama and his racist DOJ, that's pretty clear.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/25/2015 by FlyersFan because: fixed mod tag

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Wait, what? He claimed that he's just like Anne Frank? Dafuq? Sorry George, but no, you're not like Anne Frank. At all.

Source

Zimmerman was asked whether he is the same person now that he was five years ago before Martin's death. "Absolutely not," he said. "I have to have my guard up. … I still believe that people are truly good at heart, as Anne Frank has said, and I will put myself in any position to help another human in any way I can."

Zimmerman shouldn’t have made that comparison, according to Yvonne Simons, executive director of the Anne Frank Center, a gallery that contains reproductions of Frank’s famous diary, family photos and other artifacts from the Holocaust. “They have very different histories, let me put it like that. She lived her life with very high hopes and very high ideals and believing in humanity in a way that I wouldn’t compare to George Zimmerman,” Simons said. “It’s just unfortunate that he puts out a statement like that. Anne Frank was a Holocaust victim, and I think people have to be a little bit more careful when they compare their own situations, particularly when they have the kind of history that George Zimmerman has.”

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I find it strange that lobbing a wine bottle at your partner is minimized.

Racial problems with the Obama Administration are, at this point, on the "chicken-egg" conundrum.

Any statement that draws a clean, clear line to "either side" is merely fronting for their own political agenda.

Zimmerman is desperately attempting to remain relevant in some way, even negatively.

Maybe this will get him another round of interviews on Fox News ... little more will come of it.

edit on 11Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:50:05 -050015p112015366 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Obama inflames racial tension?

No truer words were ever spoken
edit on 113131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The only racial tensions Mr. Obama flames are by his very existence.

Please, this is not one of those issues of "It's Obama's fault; thanks Obama!"

A sizable portion of the population has been against this man because of his race FROM THE BEGINNING.

Anything else is simply not true.

Any anecdotal evidence stating "Oh yeah, play the race card, I don't have anything against his race, it's his policies I don't like" means that I am not referring to you. Many have genuine issues with Mr. Obama's performance that are reasonable.

But there are MANY that are nothing more than race-based.
edit on 11Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:59:31 -050015p112015366 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join