It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Christians" who use satanic imagery as their profile pictures...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
See ive read a bit on transcendence it sounds about right to where I stand on a lot of things

Transcendental knowledge

The transcendentalists desired to ground their religion and philosophy in transcendental principles: principles not based on, or falsifiable by, physical experience, but deriving from the inner spiritual or mental essence of the human.[citation needed]

It was rooted in English and German Romanticism, the Biblical criticism of Herder andSchleiermacher, and the skepticism of Hume,[8] and the transcendental philosophy ofImmanuel Kant (and of German Idealism more generally), interpreting Kant's a priori categories as a priori knowledge.[citation needed] The transcendentalists were largely unacquainted with German philosophy in the original, and relied primarily on the writings ofThomas Carlyle, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Victor Cousin, Germaine de Staël, and other English and French commentators for their knowledge of it.

a reply to: Develo

link

Now the guy you sent me was a tad bit off his rocker IMO and the reason for my statement was because of his belief in occultism.. that has nothing to do with GOD or Jesus it has to do with paganistic beliefs which was as follows

At what date Alphonse Louis Constant applied himself to the study of the occult sciences is uncertain, like most other epochs of his life. The statement on page 142 of this translation, that in the year 1825 he entered on a fateful path, which led him through suffering to knowledge, must not be understood in the sense that his initiation took place at that period, which was indeed early in boyhood. It obviously refers to his enrolment among the scholars of Saint Sulpice, which, in a sense, led to suffering, and per- haps ultimately to science, as it certainly obtained him education. The episode of the New Alliance so Gannean termed his system connects with transcendentalism, at least and obtaining a licence to preach and administer the sacraments in that diocese, though he was not a priest. He is represented as drawing large congregations to the cathedral by his preaching, but at length the judge who had sentenced him unmasked the impostor, and the sacrilegious farce thus terminated dramatically. * Including Black Magic and pacts with Lucifer, according to the silly calumnies of his enemies.

link to next item or source

Now another thing that bugs me about your I'll demeanor is that you are grouping all Christians into this radical Christianity which I feel you need a better understanding that's like me saying all Muslims are terrorists or all Jews are Zoinist's so stop grouping all Christian beliefs into one and stop assuming we are all bible thumping preachers out on a witch hunt..

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

You even put quotations around the word, as if they are somehow imposters because they might have a wolf or a skull for an avatar.

I thought the same thing when I read the headline. I think that Christians who use "satanic" images in the avatars, and I've seem some who do, do so to reminds us heathens of our impending death and doom in the image of what they perceive to be our master.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm a sci-fi and fantasy buff. To me, those are excellent grounds to explore concepts and ideas that you can't address in the real world and try to create circumstances under which those ideas might work. It gives you a chance to see where and why those things don't or can't exist in reality.

The dragons of fantasy are no more Satan or Satanic than the Hook 'em Horns sign used by the University of Texas fans is emblematic of Satan worship. Instead, they become vehicles of the author's story and the ideas contained therein.

God is no fool and He knows where your heart and your devotion is going. Is it to Him or elsewhere? In that sense, the emblem of your favorite NFL team can become as much a symbol of heathen idolatry if you let as any dragon or wolf could direct power and glory to Satan.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

You might be reading a little too much into it, imo.

Some people just like darker imagery. Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you can't like skulls or certain styles of art, or have a sense of humor or a dark side. That's silly. We're every bit as human as anyone else, and any Christian who thinks otherwise should probably have a long hard look in the mirror. That goes for the ones who want to threaten or condemn others with fire and brimstone, as well. It's not our job to judge the contents of anothers heart as if we ourselves were God, as we'd fall woefully short of meeting such lofty standards ourselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

christians worship a zombie-so skulls and the like as profile pics couldn't be MORE fitting.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I didn't see that one coming,lol.

I guess there IS such a thing as a cool christian.

Now you have me wondering if the dudes from Cannibal Corpse are christians.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Of course people have the right to have whatever image they want. I think it's strange though that people who say they believe in the creator of life and are against the devil who deceived to bring death into the world would have a skull and would want to present themselves (avatar/profile pic) with the image of a wolf when Jesus warned about ravening wolves in sheep's clothing.

It would be like a Hindu (or vegetarian) who saying eating beef is evil having a beef stake as a profile picture...

Again, people have the right to have whatever picture they want, but if you're a Christian and know about wolves being a symbol for evil and deception why use an image like that to present yourselves?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Wolves in sheeps clothing is a metaphor. Nowhere did Jesus say "WOLVES ARE OF THE DEVIL!"

Seriously. They are beautiful animals. I think you might be overthinking this one just a tad...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yes, It's a metaphor; but some who say their Christian know about that metaphor and still use a picture of a wolf to present themselves.

If a person had a red goat-man with horns as an image to present themselves yet say they are Christian, many people would understand the symbolism and it would stir up curiosity to ask about that.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Yes, It's a metaphor; but some who say their Christian know about that metaphor and still use a picture of a wolf to present themselves.

You haven't given a good reason as to why that's actually a problem? I'm sure the world is full of people who like wolves, that are also Christians. Zoo keepers. Trainers. Nature enthusiasts. Average people like myself that happen to think they are beautiful animals. What is your logic for why this is unacceptable for Christians? Is there a scripture in the bible that says people are forbidden to have wolves for avatars on ATS? Or is your only reasoning for this the metaphor of wolves in sheeps clothing?

If a person had a red goat-man with horns as an image to present themselves yet say they are Christian, many people would understand the symbolism and it would stir up curiosity to ask about that.

I suppose I don't see a problem with asking about such a thing. Where my feathers get ruffled is when people pass judgement, as if they have a right to determine if someone is a Christian or not based solely on an avatar on a forum. I had darth vader as my avatar for awhile and people accused me of not being a Christian simply because I happen to think the character is cool, and I enjoy Star Wars movies. It's not your place to judge (or anyone elses).
edit on 24-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Those Christians that use a wolf as their avatar are most likely not using it to represent that particular metaphor. They probably just like the image, or like wolves in general. Just as importantly, other Christians (as evidence of this thread) are not interpreting it as that metaphor. So it's not representing that at all.

Even if said Christian intended it as such, and other Christians interpreted it as such, why wouldn't that just be a reminder of the warning the metaphor is about?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Is the devil a red goat-man with horns in the bible? Nope.

Ezekiel:

“Thus says the Lord GOD, You had the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The ruby, the topaz, and the diamond; The beryl, the onyx, and the jasper; The lapis lazuli, the turquoise, and the emerald; And the gold, the workmanship of your settings and sockets, was in you. On the day that you were created they were prepared. You were the anointed cherub who covers, and I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked in the midst of the stones of fire. You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created. Until unrighteousness was found in you.”

So according to your rationale, anybody sporting a handsome man as their avatar is representing Satan.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'm not judging. I'm not saying they're going to hell or they are wicked - it just sparked curiosity and I asked a question. I'm not assuming every single person with a wolf avatar is automatically a false prophet of satan...

Ezekiel was a follower of yahweh and yahweh is satan/the adversary of Jesus.

edit on 24-3-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

If you're not assuming that then why did you ask

"Why use an image like that to present yourself?" ?

As if the image would only ever represent that.

It certainly sounds like you're assuming. Also you are judging lol. Using the actual definition of the word, outside of biblical context, that is.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I'm not judging/assuming the person is automatically good or evil because of the image they chose but it's still strange that they would use such a picture if they believe Jesus saying about the false-prophet as the wolf.

It also would be strange to me if a vegetarian had a picture of a beef stake as a profile picture. Sure, they may not actually be eating it but still strange that they choose a picture like that to represent themselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I don't think God is going to stop anyone at the pearly gates and say.... "Yeah.... You lived pretty good, you were saved, and baptized, but that picture you used of a wolf in your avatar in that online forum is just going to take you out of the running for heaven. Sorry about that. You really should have used that picture of kittens instead. Tough break."

That's hilarious! Reminds of a Nun who wanted to try on some make-up to see how she looked with it just for funsies. Someone said, "you're a NUN! Isn't that a sin for you?"

And she said "Look. I'm a 45 year old virgin. I think I can take the hit".

lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

There is a death metal band called Cattle Decapitation.

They are all vegans, and most of their music is a thinly veiled bash on the poor treatment of animals bread to feed us. It is not strange. It is DIFFERENT!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So cattle decapitation is symbolic to the poor treatment of animals which they make some references to.

What the wolf a reference to as a follower of Christ? ...

The false prophets/deceiver...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm not judging/assuming the person is automatically good or evil because of the image they chose

You seem to be making the assumption these type of profile pics automatically represent an evil entity though. You have presented no good argument why that would be so. Considering how many people here, including Christians, don't view it as representing what you believe it does, I think this representation is in your mind.

but it's still strange that they would use such a picture if they believe Jesus saying about the false-prophet as the wolf.

I find your thoughts strange to be honest. I already addressed these points in a prior post so I won't be repetitive.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Just had to give you props for a cattle decap shout out, I love them. But then again, I do have a scary, evil wolf for my profile pic so not too surprising

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join