It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Christians" who use satanic imagery as their profile pictures...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

And who is to say that a skull, or a wolf are satanic?

I actually have a skull. It is INSIDE MY FLESH, SURROUNDING MY BRAIN! I have another on my shoulder, and a other on the forearm of my other arm. And one on my belt buckle, and another on my over jacket. Skulls, in general, appear relatively cheery, with their toothy grins on display at all times.

Furthermore, skulls remind me of the temporary nature of flesh, and turn me toward my Bible for guidance on the hereafter and my strange route to it.

I really think that blanket generalisations like calling images of skulls satanic is rather short sighted, narrow minded, and a possible product of indoctrination. Faith however, is more than psycho conditioning, and if that is all you have, then I will pray for you.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Did you know that the lead singer of the Heavy Metal band Slayer is a devout Christian? Does that blow your mind too?
edit on 24-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
What is with all of the Christians with pictures of darkness and skulls as their profile picture? Some of them also have the image of a beast as their profile picture (wolves).

If you choose the path of Life and Jesus Christ then wouldn't having an image like that to represent you on a profile picture be blasphemy? What is the fascination with dark imagery?

Thank goodness Im not Christian.....seems to be pretty restrictive.

Imagery is all about aesthetics. You like what your eye finds pleasing. I would say that with this in mind, either God wants you to like what you like, or God is a troll that likes to dangle everything you like in front of your face, then punish you for enjoying it.

When religion becomes nothing but a bully pulpit to tell others that they aren't "living right", it has outlived its usefulness.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Images.... Just like words, only have the power you give them. Most Christians would agree that any power Satan may have is too much no matter how infinitesimal. Why let him have more power by making everything satanic in one form or another?

If one is using a wolf as an avatar and their heart, mind, soul, and body see it as one of God's many beautiful creatures... Then why avoid it and let Satan have that along with everything else?

As a Christian, I feel he has too much already. Anything any one person can snatch away from him is a victory no matter how small IMO.

Instead of sticking it to "the man", maybe we should start sticking it "to the devil" and remove his power from anything and everything we possibly can. Giving up everything is akin to giving him the victory.

I don't think God is going to stop anyone at the pearly gates and say.... "Yeah.... You lived pretty good, you were saved, and baptized, but that picture you used of a wolf in your avatar in that online forum is just going to take you out of the running for heaven. Sorry about that. You really should have used that picture of kittens instead. Tough break."

Are your posts always this on point kanga!

Unless your blatantly using pictures of baphomet or devilish looking images than that makes sense it's a wolf nothing more nothing less.

Also who created the wolf??
edit on 24-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: analogy added

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

well, if you follow the story of the Roman Catholic Church back to its beginning, you get Romulus, Remus, and some wolves as the founding of Rome.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Blasphemy has an actual definition--posting a picture of a wolf (one of god's creature's, right?) as your profile picture does not fit that definition. Maybe something like "antithetical" is what you meant?

Speaking of things that may go against the bible's teachings, why do Christians show false idolatry in Jesus on a cross when the bible says not to?

Christians do a lot of funny things that go against what their religion says, but I would argue that using an image that someone finds interesting as their avatar isn't going to keep them from their ultimate goal of heaven.
edit on 24-3-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Unless your blatantly using pictures of baphomet

The baphomet picture was actually made by a Christian priest (correction, he left before being ordained, but still he is a Christian).

So even that one isn't "satanic" (even if fundies will disagree).
edit on 24-3-2015 by Develo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Makes sense the sheep in wolves clothing..a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Just because a christian made it doesnt make it satanic thats a bit of an oxymoron and maybe he truly wasent a christian or maybe he drew an image he was given who knows..a reply to: Develo

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Just because a christian made it doesnt make it satanic thats a bit of an oxymoron and maybe he truly wasent a christian or maybe he drew an image he was given who knows..a reply to: Develo

My point is he did this image to illustrate his book, and explained what this picture was representing.

It's not satan, it's not something evil.

Maybe if Christian fundies weren't so quick to label everything as satanic they would actually read the book instead of talking out of their ass.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Um excuse me i am christian and dont discredit anything everything in my eyes gets a chance but if its BS then its painted as BS thats my logic and my reasoning if you were not busy attacking ones beliefs you would learn a couple of things too..a reply to: Develo

edit on 24-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

if you were not busy attacking ones beliefs

I'm not attacking anyone's belief.

I'm attacking the automatic labeling as "satanic" out of sheer ignorance, usually more from fundamentalist Christians than regular Christians.

Maybe if you read the book in question you would learn a thing or two

e: even the association between a goat and the devil makes no real sense. It's only because the goat was a symbol of nature in pagan cultures so by association Christianity rejected this representation of the animal instincts. But the goat has never been a symbol of the devil excepted in the minds of some mislead Christians.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
skulls are a very naked part of the body so obviously Christians disprove! Cover your shame!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Christians teach humans to be ashamed of the body that they were born with.
Maybe they are not the best people to consult on such matters.

Whatever you need to get and all that. Just don't expect me to play by the rules of your meme.
edit on 24-3-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

What is the fascination with dark imagery?

What is yours?

You keep saying how darkness is evil in a new thread every day, you have the fascination with darkness and evil, its always on your mind.

Now wolves are beasts? yes beasts as in animals I could understand but I think you meant another beast by what else is you OP.

A image of a wolf is blasphemy?

What is with all of the Christians with pictures of darkness and skulls as their profile picture?

I thought you ramble on quite a bit about free will, are Christians not free to post pictures of what they want in their profiles?

Does a picture you see as evil and being in someones profile actually mean it is evil and the one with that pic is advertising their evil beliefs?

Or could there be other reasons?

Nah its evil, its dark, its a wolf or a skull, do you not have a skull in your head to protect the brain matter up there?

With the premise of this thread I assume not.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
And what book would that be that you speak so highly of.a reply to: Develo

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

And what book would that be that you speak so highly of.a reply to: Develo

Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie by Alphonse Louis Constant.

You will probably consider this book as heretical too, but anyone reading it without any preconception would find a very spiritual tome about theurgy or "divine magic". I challenge anyone to find satanic, evil or even anti-Christian teachings in that book, quite the contrary.

Theurgy is a science of self-transformation and self-improvement. It's not aimed at others and cannot be used for harm or material gain.

As such it's very similar to religious teachings.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
What is with all of the Christians with pictures of darkness and skulls as their profile picture? Some of them also have the image of a beast as their profile picture (wolves).

If you choose the path of Life and Jesus Christ then wouldn't having an image like that to represent you on a profile picture be blasphemy? What is the fascination with dark imagery?

Did Satan create wolves? I thought Noah even saved them on the ark... does that make Noah a Satanist?

If you think about it... the church, historically, has had a predatory pack mentality towards the cultures and religions around them. What better animal is there to represent Christianity than a wolf?

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

wolves are far more honorable and loyal creatures than most humans.

if you are called a wolf, take it as a compliment. at least wolves have initiative, unlike sheep.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It's sad that you feel you have the right to determine who is and isn't a Christian based on the imagery they use on ATS. You even put quotations around the word, as if they are somehow imposters because they might have a wolf or a skull for an avatar. You must be blameless and perfect, to make such a judgement? Perhaps you fancy yourself fit to occupy God's throne yourself?
edit on 24-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join