It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my name is kevin and these are the gifts I reveal unto you...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I realize now that it was a foolish mistake to release my art in different posts, instead I will just use this one from here on.

Thank you and as always please enjoy.

I create them for the world to interpret however there imagination allows so please let me know what you see because it fascinates me to hear all the different types of thing people see.

Also I am going to give you a closer look at at what I am planning to do in the future with the presentation of my artwork.

so I will stop dragging on and show you already.
(but for informational purposes I usually always use .03 felt tip tens on various sized and thickness papers at various times in my life through all kinds of different events in my life)

this one is 9x11" its from I would say about 3 years ago.
I started drawing this one at a friends house and got pretty decently into it(I had just gotten new pens and a new sketch pad as a gift) my friend asked if he could try drawing, so I said sure so he starts copying this lady that's golfing off a coaster. So instead of throwing out the piece that he drew all over that didn't match the rest of the drawing I had made so I just blended it in.
(she's wearing an orange hat)

9x11" I want to say this one is about 6 to 7 years old and one of the ones also hidden away in my art-folio that I had forgotten about and to think a decent portion of my works could have been thrown away.

9x11" I like to mix things up a lot in the way I draw them i would place this one at about 5 years old.

standard lined paper size withered by a large amount of graphite and the effect of being about 8 or 9 years old I don't even remember anymore. But PLUR is a wonderful idea although not all people can see it this way or practice it even if they do.

9x11"this one is maybe 1 year old or a tiny bit more

9x11" OK so this one I don't normally do thing like logos, names, bands, etc, but for TOOL I felt I had to, the back story is quite long and sad. But if not for the way they made there music, what they wrote it about, and the types of sounds they created, I would probably not be the person I am today, if it were possible I would send the original to the band them selves right now if I could just to say thank you to them...

11x14" this one is only about 1/16 done and will probably be done in about 5 or 6 months depending, but I thought it looked kool so I wanted to show you.

plus it gives me the chance to show you how they transform from looking one way to another...

12x12" this one was done on clay-board, I don't know how many years ago for sure, I just know I have had on my wall for so long. I actually had to use 3 different black pens because they kept dying on me so some of the black spaces and lines look a little crappier then others. Plus the fact that I have to go over it all since I didn't protect it in anyway so it faded a lot but I am afraid if I do I will ruin how it looks right now.

ok so with this I bring you what I am planning to do with all of my artwork one day in the future

this is 3 separate 9x11"s laid out next to each other this is just a small example but it is as if every one I create is like creating a separate puzzle piece of which they all connect in some way or another. and once altogether they shall make one massive piece with a few exceptions most likely due to size limitations. personal works for friends and family and other close people to me

keep in mind this is just the drawing portion of the creativity waiting to blast its way out of my mind and slam its self down into some sort of physical form

let me know what you see in them, feel about them, or what you think could be improved, any feed back positive or negative is good feedback.

you can also find me at tumblr
kdtiers.tumblr.com...
that is where you will mostly find most of the things I post publicly all in one place at any given time, like photos I have taken or things I have wrote or the drawings I have shared here

I am also on imgur under the same name, and twitter but that's only because I haven't figured out how to delete it yet(or bothered to) I don't use it

thank you for letting me share this with you all.

edit on 24-3-2015 by magnesiumbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have plenty more but lost access to a quality camera to take good pictures of them

also is there a way to combine the now 4 posts of my art I have recently made into one?

sorry for my ignorance on the subject.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
[email protected]

Give it a go at getting in contact.
You might turn a buck.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've enjoyed all of your work so far and thank you for sharing it.

My favorite so far is the pink and black one above. I hope you keep it up.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
yea that's one of my favorites too lol the pink used to be red at one point. I find my self getting lost in it all the time. But don't worry its beyond part of my life since I have been doing it for about half of it I don't see any possibility of me stopping ever.

and i tried going to [email protected] and this poped up asking me to confirm yes or no:

You are about to log in to the site "toolband.com" with the username "tool", but the website does not require authentication. This may be an attempt to trick you.

Is "toolband.com" the site you want to visit?

Is this an attempt to trick me? I have never had one of these pop up asking me something like this.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
[email protected]

Give it a go at getting in contact.
You might turn a buck.

I tried but I think I would have to join the tool army and pay 40 to 100 bucks of which I don't have to spend on something like that, so I don't think I'm able to contact them with out doing so because I could not find any links to do so unless I'm just blind.

thank you for the suggestion though its much further then I got lol.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That's actually not a bad idea. I carved a John Deere pumpkin a few years back and my mom sent pictures of it to their main headquarters. They published it in one of their magazines that year. While its not GQ or Newsweekly... It was still published and how many people can say that about their Halloween jack-o-lanterns?? Not many lol!!

It's definitely worth a shot OP. Even if you don't make any money you may get some sort of recognition out of the deal and that's just as good depending on how big of a fan you really are!!

It certainly can't hurt to try.

ETA - I'm not sure about that site OP. I've never been there but skunkape may be able to help you further.
edit on 3/24/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: magnesiumbones

That's some great work you have there. I like your choice of color.
Would love to have a guitar painted up like that.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That sounds extremely exciting to have something like that published, especially by someone who thought it was good enough to put in a magazine, I can only imagine what you felt like. But hopefully I will find a way to send it to them even I don't make money off it, I just feel I owe it to them for what they have given me.

And thank you mtnshredder, also I have a guitar I wanted to get rid of anyway so I can try that out for sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Amazing art keep up the good work

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

[email protected] is their email address

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

oh wow lol well that clears things right up.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Also I set up a Deviant Art account at the following: kdtiers.deviantart.com...

for those who are interested with all this stuff plus others.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have to say I really liked this. I've never been very much into art, but this piqued my interest. I really enjoy the color combinations, and the way it kind of flows together. Great work!

If you ever consider selling one, please give me a nudge.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Droogie

That is incredible to have someone say to me, I have never gotten a response like that from people who don't much like art at least this is the first time. Usually it's something like "ohh neat" I love to open people's minds up in ways that make them see things differently then they normally would...

When I start to sell them ATS will be one of the first places I post that information

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Hello Kevin! You have some Awesome ArtWork Here!!

Thanx for sharing it with the Masses!!!

Syx. Late...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Love yr work! I can identify with your love for Tool and the strange and positive impact they made on the lives of many people.

xo

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
1 sad, drunk or stoned face. or just a plain old impressionist or cubist face or whatever that style that i think it was picasso who did...

2 aerial view of a burning, wartorn city, perhaps immediately after a nuclear detonation or carpet bombing

3 looking through the eyes of a person tripping on acid inside a burning house. front door in center, obscured by flames akd or smoke with a skinny window to the immediate left, another window to the top right, and a window to the top left that is partially obscured due to flames or smoke. various flames and furnishings obscured by flames all around.

4 self explanatory. but i had to look up PLUR to see what it means. sounds cool.

5 Hell. Filled with flames, swirls of smoke, and anguished souls in various states of misery with accompanying tormenting demons. To the top right theres a particularly vivid soul crouched and facing to the left.

6 TOOL, surrounded by lightning bolts, or perhaps electricity moving between synapses which would be more appropriate for TOOL.

7 52 pickup. 52 thousand that is... A popular game in Hell.

8 I think this is my favorite so far. For me its truly abstract. I can't see any one whole defining image, but several portions of things. Don't go back over it but maybe consider spraying some kind of clear coating to protect it.

9 i remember seeing the one in the center in another thread of yours, except it's been rotated 180 degrees here. I remember saying I saw a humanoid figure in the other thread. The others Im not too sure about because Im on my phone and they look too small to try to give it the Rorschac treatment. But i think your idea of putting them together into a massive peice is awesome

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I love your reply it's the most detailed I've seen to date, I actually went through while I was reading it and had to look at the drawings, I actually saw a lot of what you had described it's pretty kool I have to thank you. But yea #9 is exceptionally small cause it was to wide to have it show up right on screen.

And I would spray it with a clear coating but I'm pretty sure the pens I use are water soluble so again it may destroy which scares me.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

And I would spray it with a clear coating but I'm pretty sure the pens I use are water soluble so again it may destroy which scares me.

Thanks for a great thread.

I havent drawn anything in ages..makes me want to get my Indian ink Rotring pens out again. Whats stopping you from using the same pens on same paper without too much effort going into them, so you then try out different "fixers" and see which dont damage the artwork?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join