It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Princetin students be suspended for chanting 4 more years.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
A couple of college kids have recently been suspended for chants and tweets that some found 'offensive'

So, President Obama was at a basketball game at Princeton University when the students started chanting, 'four more years'

When the students start chanting for an overthrow if the American federal government, does that not count as 'offensive'?

The only way Obama can be the American President again would be to over throw/suspend the constitution(America law says only two terms per President) and start a new form of government.

Which would probably lead to, at best a police state and at worse a civil war with millions if not tens of million people dying.

That would be crazy to suspend them for chanting to over throw the government because using judgement, and judging the situation, one can see that they are just showing love and support towards the president, not trying to start a revolution. Next time someone tweet or chants something you don't agree with. Remeber the Princetin chant before you get all butthurt

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You still have time to change your thread title. It's Princeton.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What is the source of this because even if their intent was to change a governmental procedure like term length they should not have gotten suspended. Freedom of speech and all. I would be,shocked if students were suspended for chanting four more years. Really shocked. Four more years are not offensive words.
edit on 3222015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
You still have time to change your thread title. It's Princeton.

The product of a Princeton education I'd guess.

And God forbid if someone were to want to install a new form of government when we all know this one works just fine.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
A couple of college kids have recently been suspended for chants and tweets that some found 'offensive'

Who found "four more years" offensive?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

I would guess the president or some outside conservative influence who was connected to the university found it offensive. It seems like conservatives, no matter how insignificant, can't hold back their hate for Obama. So a group of college kids are going to change the constitution by chanting 4 more years? Really, have politics influenced our logical thinking even at the university level? Princeton should be ashamed of themselves, and if I were a parent of one of those students I would be giving the president of the university a chance to drop the suspension, or face a law suit from the ACLU.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I do not think satire should be punished.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Princeton should be ashamed of themselves, and if I were a parent of one of those students I would be giving the president of the university a chance to drop the suspension, or face a law suit from the ACLU.

I cannot find any reference to students being suspended for this chant.

And for what it is worth, Dear Leader seemed embarrassed by the chant.

edit on 22-3-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Should the Princetin students be suspended for chanting 4 more years.....

Suspended? No.
Forced to re-take 6th grade Government class? Maybe.
(kidding)

Any calls by those on the right for these people to be suspended are silly.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 3/22/2015 by FlyersFan because: thought better of it

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing that out. I'm sure a lot of Alumni are conservatives so I'm sure he received some negative comments from past alumni. It really is too much to do about nothing. I've heard a lot worst and embarrassing chants from college students.
edit on 22-3-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

I'm the product of New York state public education system.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
Princeton should be ashamed of themselves, and if I were a parent of one of those students I would be giving the president of the university a chance to drop the suspension, or face a law suit from the ACLU.

No one was suspended. I believe the OP is trying to equate this situation to the Oklahoma University students who were suspended for chanting racial slurs on their bus trip. There is some butt-hurt going around because the OU students were suspended.
edit on 3/22/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

why would anyone care what Princeton college kids are chanting?....I had a son go through college, and believe me, they still are somewhat young a**holes until they graduate, and get out in the real world. it's amazing the transformation that takes place, when they find equally smart, older, and more experienced a**holes, are all around them. perspective is everything

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I probably embarrassed him too once. His motorcade drove past my house once when I was getting ready for work and I ran outside in my slippers waving my hairbrush in the air. I know...I know...

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What is the source of this because even if their intent was to change a governmental procedure like term length they should not have gotten suspended. Freedom of speech and all. I would be,shocked if students were suspended for chanting four more years. Really shocked. Four more years are not offensive words.

There weren't term limits until Roosevelt died.

Why is it wrong to want to change the law?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I know, Augustus pointed that out, my bad. I read the OP's heading again and realized "Should" was in the heading. Won't be the first time I misread the heading, must be my age.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There is nothing racial or derogatory in "four more years."

However, the OP should be suspended for writing "Princetin."

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Assuming the story is true (which at the moment, I doubt), the students should not be suspended.

Having said that (again, assuming the story is true), this event should raise a red flag that, yes, government propaganda has penetrated society, and far deeper than the university level, at that.

While I can't speak for other nations, the United States has become a headline consuming nation. No actual information is required to influence the thinking of most of the populace, just sensationalist headlines, and quips from television show hosts.
The evidence of such a statement, is found (sad to say) even in supposedly truth-seeking bastions such as ATS.

Where I work, I have encountered victims of both sides of this poisonous propaganda. One man enters the building spouting each and every headline that claims this Democrat, or that Liberal is burning the constitution as we speak (seriously, he's Breitbart's dream), and there's another guy that truly believes (he has uttered the words) that because he votes Democrat, he can't be racist. Why can't he be racist? Because only Republicans are racist (Arianna Huffington, and MSNBC would be so proud).
The two of them could be a fascinating case study of how sheep-like the average American really is.

Neither of these two men seems to understand that they have fallen into the vast political tar pit, that, if not avoided by more people, will doom this entire country to complete, and utter ruin.

We've lost the middle ground. The middle ground where there are actual checks and balances that benefit the American people.
edit on 3/22/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Assuming the story is true (which at the moment, I doubt), the students should not be suspended.

The story is true that the some students at the basketball game were chanting 'four more years'.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Who said it was? Not me. I'm a big supporter of the American judicial system. It isn't perfect but it's sure better than most.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join