It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain’s Secret History: The Irish Holocaust

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

No she is a really nice person, and her lake houses look like something you`d see on the beach, I enjoyed working for her. Maybe go back a re-read my post and you will see I was referring to the Governor of the state I live in.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Growing up we were taught it wasn't the English colonialists who poisoned farms...

It was the Irish at fault because of their "harvest technique"...

Yeah...

After thousands of years the Irish somehow forgot how to farm Potatoes...

If I didn't have Irish ancestors and family I'd never have found out the truth, I'd have been force fed the establishment version.

Surprised you learned it in school Ewok, we didn't.

Uh, potatoes are a new world crop. The Irish were not cultivating them for thousands of years.

Agreed, the British were cruel to the Irish and left them to starve and took away what they needed to live. The connection of what really amounted to slavery to modern ideas of "free trade" and free market economies is a stretch. Pretty sad that someone takes an awful historical event and uses it to push his agenda.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I was being slightly over hyperbolic.

My point was there was no way after such an amount of time theyd suddenly fail at their jobs.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: eire91

And I'm a little pi**ed about the fact that Channel 4 (British television channel) creating a comedy show about the Famine/Genocide.

As far as i am aware this TV show is in fact written by an Irish person, so one surely you should support a british channel that supports Irish writers.
edit on 23-3-2015 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

(no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2015 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

No she is a really nice person, and her lake houses look like something you`d see on the beach, I enjoyed working for her. Maybe go back a re-read my post and you will see I was referring to the Governor of the state I live in.

Ah, my bad. Didn't sound like you but this in the internet where anything is possible. My apologies.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I understood your meaning but it seemed like a good excuse to give a more exact figure since it's those kinds of details I personally enjoy gleaning myself. I knew the Spanish brought them back to Europe but had to look up the part about when they reached Ireland. It's how I try to learn a few things each day when I'm here.

It's pretty hard to screw up growing potatoes I should think.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Pretty sad that someone takes an awful historical event and uses it to push his agenda.

Just out of curiosity, what agenda might that be?
edit on 23-3-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

I knew about this years ago, nothing new, but how many have even thought to read the memoirs of the secret service of John Mackey ESQ ? ever heard of him? or the actual truth of the matter of the 30 years War? I mean real truth, there is lots of hidden, occult, secret history that unless one ventures to go digging they will remain ignorant of actual historical facts, it is a shame that current curriculum of schools especially in the United States remain frozen in the same old history themes and lessons over and over, picking and choosing what a student needs to know about history and what they don't, a great post nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wes_dublin
It gets a lot worse than that. The Irish were sold as slaves by the English and in fact were valued at a fraction of the price of Africans. Cross breeding was used to breed a more profitable slave.
www.globalresearch.ca...

I've read about that and I have another link: THE IRISH SLAVES – WHAT THEY WILL NEVER TELL YOU IN HISTORY

White and Black Slaves in the Sugar Plantations of Barbados. None of the Irish victims ever made it back to their homeland to describe their ordeal. These are the lost slaves; the ones that time and biased history books conveniently forgot.
The first slaves imported into the American colonies were 100 White children. They arrived during Easter, 1619, four months before the arrival of a the first shipment of Black slaves.Mainstream histories refer to these laborers as indentured servants, not slaves, because many agreed to work for a set period of time in exchange for land and rights.

Yet in reality, indenture was enslavement, since slavery applies to any person who is bought and sold, chained and abused, whether for a decade or a lifetime. Many white people died long before their indenture ended or found that no court would back them when their owners failed to deliver on promises.Tens of thousands of convicts, beggars, homeless children and other undesirable English, Scottish, and Irish lower class were transported to America against their will to the Americas on slave ships. YES SLAVE SHIPS.

There is also some more material illustrated with gravures and pics in HERE

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Your use of the word holocaust is over the top as are your uses of the word genocide. I have an A level in Irish history, I am from Northern Ireland we get this history drummed into us in school. From a 21st century perspective you could maybe use such labels but from a 19th century perspective it is very wrong. Language and terms used here sounds a heck of a lot like Republican terrorist propaganda as indeed are some things on that link. The British were in the wrong but not how you are trying to depict or how IRA supporters would like the world to believe.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

Ignorance caused the famine, just like it causes every problem. Their would have been plenty of food to forage . The best food of all if your starving is the common earth worm, its actually in many modern products already, called added protein. Rabbits are good along with pigeon if you eat the heart and kidneys. Mushrooms are great as long as you identify edible species . All manner of seaweed and shellfish. Most birds . Many insects. If you eat what the birds eat you wont go wrong . In woodland Jews ear fungi grows on fallen branches . If you chuck them in a stew it takes up the flavours. Then theirs the wild grasses, the ears are full of carbs. The place is full of food , but then again, when you know its easy.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

In fairness the Irish didn't have that choice, the landowners wouldn't of allowed it. But your correct in saying ignorance was a main cause.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I used to believe the whole "It was their fault for relying on potatoes" thing until I read a little more on it.
The people were all but forced to exist on potatoes by the landowners etc. They never had a choice and so, one would have expected those in charge to do something to assuage their suffering, but no, they used the corn laws to export wheat to the UK, guarding wagons as they passed through villages full of starving, dying people.

It could perhaps be seen through the lens of genocide, since that was effectively what it was.
edit on 01pMon, 27 Apr 2015 03:36:01 -050020152015-04-27T03:36:01-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30uk by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Back then, as today, the elites and bankers rule.
Profit trumps all else and we are all just the useful little enablers paying our taxes, bailing out the rich when they screw up and fighting their wars for them, under the guise of patriotism and fighting for our country. Crazy thing is, those pulling the strings and ruling over us care little, if anything, for the country as they offshore the money and will move out at the drop of a hat if the need arises, to continue their pillage elsewhere.

The Irish famine, while not being deliberate genocide, although the attitude of the elites towards Ireland were well known, was still a fine example of the arrogance, greed and lack of compassion that is still prevalent to this day.
In short, anyone still thinking that the government (the whole damned lot of them and the opposition too) and the bankers who put them in power would lift a finger to help the common man is delusional. Democracy has been shown time and time again to be a complete joke and we are living in a "soft" dictatorship. Soft, that is, until we start questioning them and taking to the streets to protest, at which point we are labeled as enemies of the state and terrorists.

All empires act, or have acted, in a similar manner, driven by greed. The bankers who bankroll the rise of the empires must be paid back, with interest, and so it goes on and on, in a never ending push for more profit. Conflict just increases their wealth and control and a few million dead here and there is just the cost of doing business.
They don't teach that in school of course. Can't have the serfs thinking for themselves and waking up to it.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join