It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcoholism treatment revolutionized by ...insurance?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I agree with your statements, and I think it can be summed up much easier by saying that ANY type of treatment(rehabs, outpatient, etc) and self-help (AA, NA, church, etc.) will NOT work UNLESS the person truly desires to be clean and sober. That's all it comes down to.

Actually thinking about it now... I am starting to think that outpatient and rehabs and what-not, are really almost like mini addiction schools. They teach people about the effects of drugs and alcohol, and you're in lectures every single day almost all day, even on weekends. It's almost like an Addiction College Prison. Hahah.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Great thread guys.
Im in abit off a tight spot regarding two close friends who are both Alcoholic's I have moved them in with me in my apartment to ensure their safety and well being supplying them with proper nourishment and safe environment to live and shelter from predator's who would take advantage off their situation.

Now everything's working well and all I need is some advise on helping them live abit longer and consuming less alcohol
Got them exercising and playing online quizzes Hard work but hopefully worth it in the end.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The people who bash AA are the same people who will reflexively bash anything that remotely hints at even a modest form of spirituality. They don't bother to consider that their flippant hatred might, occasionally, convince someone to stay away from AA, thus closing the door on one option for recovery.

Closing doors of recovery can be a death sentence. So what if it only works for 10% (or even 1%)? To those 10%, it saved their lives.

Yet these people hear the phrase "higher power" and they instantly set about calling it bulls#, finding ways to discredit it, and discouraging people from exploring it. They sick their Atheist dogs on it, completely ignorant of how their actions may affect those in desperate need of help, who don't give a damn about anyone's ideology.

Or maybe they just don't care. Spiting the faithful is all that matters to the lot of them.
edit on 4/3/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join