It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens nuclear war with Denmark

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

It was about the contrast John.

see wut happen wuz, cuz, nevermind.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

It was about the contrast John.

see wut happen wuz, cuz, nevermind.

No I understood.

I meant to further contrast the situation.

I guess I failed though...FTW!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Oh I get it, that's a good one ?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

After reading the titles on that blog and seeing that everyone is anti-western. Sorry I am not going to read any Russian propaganda. ( I prefer sources the tell both sides of the story)

I'm just curious as to why a defensive missile shield would put Putin on the offense ?

Regards pitiful foppotee .

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Please try to construct your replies to me in English mate...i have trouble reading illiterate American drawl.

Would somebody fix this post for this guy? There seems to be punctuation, capitalization and a word referring to speech patterns instead of text in it.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think the most interesting thing about the recent rhetoric coming from Russia is that they accept they would be completely outmatched in a conventional war. Any time a country considers doing something that angers Russia they jump straight to the nuke threats. It seems like they don't even have enough confidence in their own economy to do what the West does, threaten to place economic sanctions. Russia really is a shell of its former self.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
missile shield?
but they have been very busy telling us the missile shild is to intercept iranian missile.

so is this now confirmation that the nato missile shild is and always has been directed against russia?

wonder what nato would do if russia sets up anti missile batteries around their homelands...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I am wondering when people in Europe and the UK will actually stop their country's being used as millild umbrella shields for the USA. If war breaks out between the USA and Russia, (lets fave it the USA loves to go to war), our countries are the USA"s first line of defence and our countries will be targets. I always agreed with the Greenham Common women and their heroic stand.

The film On the Beach showed what could likely happen in an all out nuclear war and unless one has a single ticket to another planet all this nuclear posturing by various countries is juvenile.

I dare say the media will be telling us everything about Russian invasion forces what a pity they have played their cards so manipulatively in the past, because no one with any common sense believes in their credibility anymore.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

What I find amusing is all the people pointing a finger at America saying it's all her fault...

Yet European nations have been doing this or threatening to do things like it long before the USA asserted itself.

So maybe... Just maybe this current Flux of insanity actually has its roots in europe.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Dont know where you found that picture..

Anyway here is a picture of our destroyer.

Here is a list of some more.
www.navalhistory.dk...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

hahaha! Nice Destroyer!

You'll let the tourists get off before going to war I hope!
edit on 21-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: PrettyPlease1

Denmark is already part of nato,they were a founding nation, they were asked if they wanted in on the missile defense system and then got threatened.

That's not rational negotiations.

Canada is now reconsidering it's decision on joining missile defense.
www.theglobeandmail.com...
They just are keeping it as quiet as possible.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Overly misleading title. Russia did NOT threaten nuclear war with Denmark.

It's just the Russian ambassador who said that IF Denmark opens a base for NATO anti-missile defense systems, the Dane Navy ships would be in the crosshairs of Russia for nuclear bombings. This doesn't even mean a direct retaliation, only that if they'd use those missiles against Russian ships in the Baltic sea, then the Dane ships would be nuked. That's all he said.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: randyvs

Dont know where you found that picture..

Anyway here is a picture of our destroyer.

Here is a list of some more.
www.navalhistory.dk...

aaah... these were much better days in warfare. lol

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion

It's just the Russian ambassador who said that IF Denmark opens a base for NATO anti-missile defense systems, the Dane Navy ships would be in the crosshairs of Russia for nuclear bombings. This doesn't even mean a direct retaliation, only that if they'd use those missiles against Russian ships in the Baltic sea, then the Dane ships would be nuked. That's all he said.

Defensive missiles are not able to be used OFFENSIVELY against Russian ships.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion

Attacking danish ships with nukes.. is that not war declaration toward Denmark ?
I believe it is.. the title is just fine. Nuclear + war

Oh.. and that "anti-missile defense system" is not a base.. its located on ship/ships, or there is a big chance it will be
edit on 21-3-2015 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Of course, I mean, Denmark will have anti-rocket system, that could have a huge influence in the potential war between the west and Russia. It's very stupid from Russia to say that then, Danish ships will be targeted as well!

How stupid does that sounds?

Also, why's there a need to have an anti-missile system there, pointed against who and for what reason?

Poor attempts by some posters see to yet again twist things around and present Russia as a threat.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

After reading the titles on that blog and seeing that everyone is anti-western. Sorry I am not going to read any Russian propaganda. ( I prefer sources the tell both sides of the story)

I'm just curious as to why a defensive missile shield would put Putin on the offense ?

Regards pitiful foppotee .

I`m going to stop counting, but readers know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
By joining this missile defence system Denmark are agreeing to becoming a target of Russian missiles as this I'd what the system has been designed for.

The big point is that Russia really feels the missile defense system is a big game changer that will basically make any missile attack from them in either an offensive or defensive way obsolete and ineffective.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Xcathdra

Of course, I mean, Denmark will have anti-rocket system, that could have a huge influence in the potential war between the west and Russia. It's very stupid from Russia to say that then, Danish ships will be targeted as well!

How stupid does that sounds?

Also, why's there a need to have an anti-missile system there, pointed against who and for what reason?

Poor attempts by some posters see to yet again twist things around and present Russia as a threat.

Defensive missiles can be targeted in ANY DIRECTION so thats not really a reason these days.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join