a reply to: Krazysh0t
When I say primate cousin I mean that with is not human. When I say human (man) I define that by mind function, more specifically the ability of
worship and wisdom. Any type of creature on any planet when once they achieve that level of mind they are a primitive man. There are 7 basic levels
that mind function can be divided into, but only man has the final 2.
1. Intuition — quick perception, the primitive physical and inherent reflex instincts, the directional and other self-preservative endowments of
all mind creations; the only one of the mind levels to function so largely in the lower orders of animal life and the only one to make extensive
functional contact with the nonteachable levels of mechanical mind.
2. Understanding — the impulse of co-ordination, the spontaneous and apparently automatic association of ideas. This is the gift of the
co-ordination of acquired knowledge, the phenomenon of quick reasoning, rapid judgment, and prompt decision.
3. Courage — the fidelity endowment — in personal beings, the basis of character acquirement and the intellectual root of moral stamina and
spiritual bravery. When enlightened by facts and inspired by truth, this becomes the secret of the urge of evolutionary ascension by the channels of
intelligent and conscientious self-direction.
4. Knowledge — the curiosity-mother of adventure and discovery, the scientific spirit; the guide and faithful associate of the levels of courage and
counsel; the urge to direct the endowments of courage into useful and progressive paths of growth.
5. Counsel — the social urge, the endowment of species co-operation; the ability of will creatures to harmonize with their fellows; the origin of
the gregarious instinct among the more lowly creatures.
6. Worship — the religious impulse, the first differential urge separating mind creatures into the two basic classes of mortal existence. The level
of worship forever distinguishes the animal of its association from the soulless creatures of mind endowment.
7. Wisdom — the inherent tendency of all moral creatures towards orderly and progressive evolutionary advancement. This is the highest of the mind
levels, the co-ordinator and articulator of the work of all the others. This level is the secret of that inborn urge of mind creatures which initiates
and maintains the practical and effective program of the ascending scale of existence; that gift of living things which accounts for their
inexplicable ability to survive and, in survival, to utilize the co-ordination of all their past experience and present opportunities for the
acquisition of all of everything that all of the other six mental ministers can mobilize in the mind of the organism concerned. Wisdom is the acme of
intellectual performance. Wisdom is the goal of a purely mental and moral existence.