It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So a guy that writes UFO novels asks the CIA for classified war material and it gets released to him.
Large portions of WWII documents are still classified and we are to believe the CIA just rushed this fringe author's request through on material that is only 14 years old.

And the moon is made of cheese.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
a reply to: Kapusta

This Just In ......

Those blank CIA files were filled with pixels just like your joke.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I wish I could do that on my tax return. Black out most of it for security reasons, overstate some things, let other people pay for my "mistakes."

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Those blank CIA files were filled with pixels just like your joke.

What's wrong? I bust your B***S? Eeee Haaaaaa!
edit on 19-3-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
All the info is well and good but does anyone really remember what started the deal with the WMDs? . I do. Remember the UN and the IAEA ? U.S. we know that IRAQ has been making nukes and they will not let the IAEA in to inspect. You guys need to make them let us inspect. Iraq - no now you can actually come in and inspect. Ok , U.S. you can stand down now. Iraq - now the U.S. is standing down , we have changed our minds , you all got to turn around and go back. U.S. they want let us in to check and verify go beat them up......wash ....rinse ....repeat .No wonder , any nation would have become very frustrated and tired of that B.S. and whining .

Saddam was trying to strike a balancing act. He had to appear to his neighbors that he had WMD's because it's a threat he was using to keep Iraqi borders and effectively the entire region stable. The US used that ambiguity to attack Iraq, eventually Saddam gave the entire thing up but it wasn't enough.

Ultimately, he did have WMD's but they were old and losing effectiveness by the day. More importantly however is that he lacked any medium or long range delivery systems which essentially made them a defensive only weapon - something all nations are entitled to have. The US overstated what he had, and outright made things up about his capability to attack other nations.

It shouldn't be the US to do so because that sets a horrible precedent when future administrations go after past ones, but Iraq has every right to come after the Bush team for war crimes.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The star gate humour of yours was a real hooter!

And actually, the article says US national security, not a threat to the west.

The welfare of neighbouring nations could be deemed a concern of national security, it's semantics I know but hey, whatever!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

And don't forget Saddam had to protect the billions in cash and gold in his treasury.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Doesn't this kinda change the recent line of thinking...

"Well no, we actually... did eventually... find WMDs..."

"...They were right behind the Stargate that was guarded by the Djinn in the Labyrinth"...

Honestly, anyone who believes Saddam had WMDs capable of being a threat to the West is part of the Dog & Pony Show!

He had to go, as proven by his Guards and Henchmen turning ISIS into the non-SciFi equivalent of The Darkside...

But when you lie to get it done...

Kinda hinders any future plans you have to remove a despot!

"And the boy cried wolf, for a third and final time...
But on this occasion, nobody came to help him...
& he was devoured, Soul and all!!!"

Saddam did have chemical weapons, just because he didn't have long range bomber planes did not necessarily make them not a threat. No one saw 911 coming so I am sure if they were motivated they could have found a way to use them to hurt the west. Proving that however is a lot more difficult, in America we don't have an "office of evil" where people think up the most creative ways to kill our country although we probably should, this would probably help prevent attacks in the future. point is, is that delivery of the weapons is what would make or break the notion Iraq was or was not a threat. My opinion is I don't think Iraq was a threat but him selling those weapons off would be one, perhaps not enough for me to want a war but certainly enough to be threatening. Just my humble opinion from a guy that spent quite a bit of time over there.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

So you don't deny they had wmd's then.

Thanks

Of course Iraq HAD WMD's - that's why there was 10 years of inspections after GW1 to more or less ensure they did not have them any more.

The use of gas against the Kurds was in the 1980's - ae yuo seriously suggesting that is justification for invasion in 2003??

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

As someone else has said, wmd's were just part of many reasons.

The fact that they had them and used them not that long before the 2003 invasion is why I have no problem bringing it up.

1991 was the last time they used them too, not 80's

edit on 20/3/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
facts:
Iraq had 0 link to 9/11 or alqaeda - the us government lied and said they did

Iraq had 0 capability to produce and stock pile wmds - the us government lied and said they did

Iraq had no plans or ability to attack the USA with conventional or chem/bio weapons - the us lied and said they did

Anyone who publicly challenged the usa's lies was dealt with - harshly. Plame, Kelly, Assange etc

After the us invaded based on these lies, any Iraqi that stood up to defend their nation against a foreign aggressor was labelled a terrorist and murdered - by the us government.

12 yrs later when the documents that led us to war are finally released (after so much effort to hide them) there are still people who think what we did was justified.

ISIS was a direct result of the corprorate war on IRAQ.

after all that.. people still cannot see the truth?..

its no wonder the world hates you!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

As someone else has said, wmd's were just part of many reasons.

Indeed - but htey were the one that was "sold" to he public, and the REAL reasons were not advertised!!

The fact that they had them and used them not that long before the 2003 invasion is why I have no problem bringing it up.

1991 was the last time they used them too, not 80's

Someone quoted the use by the Kurds which was why I focused on that.

Nut let's look at 1991 - it was 12 years previously, Iraq had been defeated, agreed to abandon them as part of the peace terms, had the inspections, and actually had no operational weapons left - all that was ever found were old casings and a small amount of old shells and rockets that had been forgotten by the Iraqi's - about 500 total projectiles, all dating to before 1991, all degraded past any usefulness, with corroded containers and contents mostly no longer active.

You are in fantasy land!!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I want to know who in this thread read the 93 pages before posting a reply.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

OP I will not even read the PDF

Think about it, if the king of deception decided to give you more information

You'd be stupid to even consider it

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Yeah your sarcasm about star gates seems to hint at it..

And the bit below about "WMDs capable of being a threat to the west" specifically points to the opposite...

So, you know, maybe read further before you respond with such unpleasant humour about fairy dust and Kurds.

Sweet!

I haven't read the document yet...but, your comment is "WMDs capable of being a threat to the west". I don't know, so I'll ask. Was that a quote...exactly and inclusive of every word that was stated by Bush and his people? Or did you add the "a threat to the west" part? Or is something there left off? Again, I don't know the answer but when I search for your exact quote on Google, only this thread appears.

If those words are a quote from an official, then isn't a threat to our allies a threat to the US? And if it is not a quote, what was really said?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
facts:
Iraq had 0 link to 9/11 or alqaeda - the us government lied and said they did

Iraq had 0 capability to produce and stock pile wmds - the us government lied and said they did

Iraq had no plans or ability to attack the USA with conventional or chem/bio weapons - the us lied and said they did

Anyone who publicly challenged the usa's lies was dealt with - harshly. Plame, Kelly, Assange etc

After the us invaded based on these lies, any Iraqi that stood up to defend their nation against a foreign aggressor was labelled a terrorist and murdered - by the us government.

12 yrs later when the documents that led us to war are finally released (after so much effort to hide them) there are still people who think what we did was justified.

ISIS was a direct result of the corprorate war on IRAQ.

after all that.. people still cannot see the truth?..

its no wonder the world hates you!

Maybe if "the world" would clean up their own crap instead of always looking to someone else to take the lead and pay the bill, you wouldn't have to blame the US. Maybe if the middle east could become peace loving people instead of rabid boars who want every other religion dead along with the people who won't convert, and who keep women as bundled up slaves, we wouldn't have to aid our friends to keep them in their place. Maybe if Europe would do something about a new and rising Russia. Maybe if the rest of the world had taken care of Hitler, we wouldn't have had to. Maybe we...the US...shouldn't be looked to to solve other country's problems. Stop taking our money, turn away our military bases, decide you don't want us as allies...GO FOR IT...PLEASE. To be honest with you...I support that mentality. I'm sick of spending billions on ungrateful idiots that talk big...and then cry for help when they can't pay the bills or don't have the balls to protect their own women and children. In fact, show some real backbone and make a statement. Return every cent paid to the other countries back to the US and make it retroactive for 100 years. Pay the US's military bill, our intelligence bill for everything we ever did FOR you. Send back the same amount of food, protection and disaster relief, medical aid, etc.

Then...AND ONLY THEN...will I listen to how other countries hate the US. Until then...it is nothing but whining from an ungrateful world.
edit on 3/20/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Bush Iraq Statement;

Some ask how urgent this danger is to America and the world. The danger is already significant, and it only grows worse with time. If we know Saddam Hussein has dangerous weapons today - and we do - does it make any sense for the world to wait to confront him as he grows even stronger and develops even more dangerous weapons?

www.theguardian.com...

Granted he keeps adding "and the world" in this speech, seems a little convenient!
edit on 20-3-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Bush Iraq Statement;

Some ask how urgent this danger is to America and the world. The danger is already significant, and it only grows worse with time. If we know Saddam Hussein has dangerous weapons today - and we do - does it make any sense for the world to wait to confront him as he grows even stronger and develops even more dangerous weapons?

www.theguardian.com...

Granted he keeps adding "and the world" in this speech, seems a little convenient!

Seems accurate. He did have dangerous weapons. Where is the "WMD" part? And he did threaten the world. Sure...maybe not going to war and invading Japan, but his actions threatened many including our friends, he thumbed his nose at the UN and killed how many people during his reign? I'm aware the Iraq war may have been overkill (no pun intended) but you either have to believe one of two things. Either Saddam had to be taken out because he was a tyrant...or that those living in the middle east NEED to be ruled by someone that evil in order to live as civilized people. Personally...I believe the latter.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
As if many, many, many of us didn't already know it was a lie and an illogical argument. There were no WMD. No mass graves. Lies and vapor.

I think they should all be hung like Saddam was. Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Rice, Powell, Giuliani, Blair and all the other criminals who were complicit. In public. And that every family who lost someone on 9/11 and as a result of their war of lies should be paid reparations from the fortunes they made from both.

And the people who believed that any of that or the new lies being told today to make fortunes, who pretend to cower in fear and who instill fear are on notice too.
edit on 3/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: typo, of course

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

MILITARY INTELLIGENCE will always be an oxymoron no matter what the situation is

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join