It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My bed a sand box?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
In the last few weeks i have woken up laying on top of a good amount of sand. Probably about a little less then half a handful. This isnt every night, only every so often. Im just a little confused on how it got there. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I have regular sheets and cotton pillows?
Im open to any suggestions. Heres a description of the sand.

Feels like regular sand, some grains are significantly larger then others.
Another thing is that its always arond my neck and stomach area. In the past few weeks its only happened 4 times.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
hm. My instinctive guesses are that someones putting it there or that you're making it in the night, with like, dead skin and congealed bit sof sweat and stuff. But for the most part I'm pretty lost...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
your faveret soung wouldent be Sand man bring me a dream would it?
But realy i use to have a home on a lot that was just about all sand and no matter how carfull me and wife were we aloways ended up with a hand full of sand in the bed ever night.It was realy quite anoying .But finly we bought a new home that has no sand on the lot and magicaly the sand in the bed problem dissapired. Live in florida do you? or near a beach?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Do you have a roommate? Sounds like a joke being pulled to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Is there a crack in the ceiling where plaster dust could shake down?

Do you have a dog or cat that could be tracking in the sand?

Do you live in a sandy area? Sand can get trapped in shirt collars or waistbands even when you think you've brushed yourself off.

Do you ever toss your shoes on the bed?

Sure it's not cookie crumbs?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
All I can say is
"Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight"

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
haha interesting replies.
Do you have a dog or cat that could be tracking in the sand? I have a dog, not allowed in my room though, and i keep my door closed.

Do you live in a sandy area? Sand can get trapped in shirt collars or waistbands even when you think you've brushed yourself off. Not really. Thousand Oaks, CA. Near a beach but not a great time to go right now, waters to cold.

Do you ever toss your shoes on the bed? No

Sure it's not cookie crumbs? Cookies are good, but i dont like to eat in my bed

Do you have a roommate? Sounds like a joke being pulled to me. No

your faveret soung wouldent be Sand man bring me a dream would it? No, and i knew when iposted there would be a few people who said something like this

Live in florida do you? or near a beach? Nope, CA. Bout an hour from the beach.

Oh and one last thing.

All I can say is
"Sleep with one eye open, gripping your pillow tight"

Good Song, Great Band. But no, post wasnt "inspired."

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's one more query...
Do you ever sleep with the windows open? Maybe the breeze is bring-
ing sand into the house, even though the beach is not that near.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sorry, but why is this in the cryptozoology forum?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Here's one more query...
Do you ever sleep with the windows open? Maybe the breeze is bring-
ing sand into the house, even though the beach is not that near.

Do sleep with the window open, but it would be hard to blow anything to my bed from where its located.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Sure you sweep the sand completly off the bed each time? Could be maybe the first time has a logical reason and each time after was a resettling of the sand as you slept......

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe your mattress is to old. Once when I was little i was at my grandmas house and i got sleep so I slept in my grandpas bed. My granda died a few years befor and when I got in the bed it was kind of sandy like you said. I then told my mom and she said if the mattress is really old itll start to deteriorate. Maybe thats what it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Could be many things causing this strange problem. Do you have those "hospital quality" crisp sheets or are they thinner and more soft. Could be dead skin sloughing off of your body. Could be deoderant comming off and drying on your bed. Could be termites above your bed, in the ceiling, dropping dust. It could be some sort of insect/parsite looking for a warm meal (bedbugs, etc.) Also, run the vacuum on your mattress when changing your sheets as you would be surprised at the amount of dead skin that can collect. If your sheets aren't white, I would buy some crisp white sheets and try them for a while to see if the problems arises again. On the white surface you might be able to see the "sand more clearly.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Nephilim_

Have you considered the fact that you may be sleepwalking. Personally, I'm the world's worst (or best, lol) person at profiling based on personal clues. My thoughts are:

- you have a beasty little avatar there...quite cute though

- you visit the paranormal studies dept. of ATS

Could you be so fascinated and intriqued by all things paranormal that you are sleepwalking to a place where there is sand and bringing it back with you to your bed. Thus, leaving yourself with this handy dandy little mystery to solve that is actually neat as all h$**. If you have the extra fundage, I would suggest installing a cam. You might check the pawn shops or set up a camcorder on tripod. You could also move the computer to the bedroom and set up a webcam and record it...though i'm not sure how much puter storage that would use. Just some food for thought.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I like MemoryShock's idea too.

You might try checking the mattress underneath the sheets to see if it's oozing sand or try flipping and rotating the mattress. Put the head at the foot and see if your feet get sandy next time. However, with it only happening about twice a week, I think my sleepwalking theory may not be far off. Anyway you look at it, the camera action should give ya some answers.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
hi, not sure if you will see this as it is now 2019,
but yes ! i have been experiencing this lately with no logical answer.
are you still on this site ? :-)

new topics

top topics

join