It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tail That Wags The Anti-Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Klassified

a reply to: BlueMule

You do know that Astrology was expressly forbidden in the Old Testament?

Mazzaroth.

Astronomy vs Astrology.

But yes, the stars are for "signs in the heavens" and to mark "feasts and seasons".

Astrology is where they are applied to tell fortunes.

In other words, divination. Like Urim and Thummim.

All systems of divination work by the same principle - synchronicity.

oaks.nvg.org...

πŸ‘£

The funny thing is this, if one really had real power of ESP or a sixth sense, they wouldn't need to divine anything, they would know it.

I can tell that you aren't intimately familiar with parapsychology. I am.

And who wore the Ummin and Thummim?

You mean Urim? A high priest. What's your point?

πŸ‘£

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Forbidden to you, maybe.

β€œLove, and do what you will.” -St Augustine

πŸ‘£

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" - Aliester Crowley

I hardly think St Augustine was condoning crimes of passion. The word Augustine of Hippo used for "love" (in that quote) was "agapaeo" (he was sermonizing on 1 John 4: 4-10) which is a love that is holy, non-sexual, non-familial and also not friendship. Converting that specificity into an English 'sound-byte' looses much of his actual meaning.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Forbidden to you, maybe.

β€œLove, and do what you will.” -St Augustine

πŸ‘£

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" - Aliester Crowley

I hardly think St Augustine was condoning crimes of passion. The word Augustine of Hippo used for "love" (in that quote) was "agapaeo" (he was sermonizing on 1 John 4: 4-10) which is a love that is holy, non-sexual, non-familial and also not friendship. Converting that specificity into an English 'sound-byte' looses much of his actual meaning.

For some, it might lose meaning. But not for me, it doesn't. I'm well aware of the word for holy love. It was my first tattoo.

You don't know me at all.

πŸ‘£

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Mazzaroth.

Astronomy vs Astrology.

But yes, the stars are for "signs in the heavens" and to mark "feasts and seasons".

oaks.nvg.org...

πŸ‘£

The Urim and Thummim are believed to be used to make a choice when human decision making was at an impasse. They revealed the will of God by using chance, when no other options were available.

They did not tell fortunes, but it appears that they gave a binary answer. Yes or no.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Mazzaroth.

Astronomy vs Astrology.

oaks.nvg.org...

πŸ‘£

The Urim and Thummim are believed to be used to make a choice when human decision making was at an impasse. They revealed the will of God by using chance, when no other options were available.

That's divination you're describing, sir. A universal common denominator in world religion. All systems of divination use an element of chance and synchronicity to reveal a higher will. Just because it was used to reveal the will of the God of the BIble, doesn't make it any different than, say, the I-ching.

They did not tell fortunes, but it appears that they gave a binary answer. Yes or no.

My dear sir. That is telling a fortune. Binary or not makes no difference. You are trying to draw a distinction where none exists. All for the sake of obscuring a double-standard in the Bible.

πŸ‘£

edit on 021ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Mazzaroth.

Astronomy vs Astrology.

oaks.nvg.org...

πŸ‘£

The funny thing is this, if one really had real power of ESP or a sixth sense, they wouldn't need to divine anything, they would know it.

I can tell that you aren't intimately familiar with parapsychology. I am.

And who wore the Ummin and Thummim?

You mean Urim? A high priest. What's your point?

πŸ‘£

Yes, I am.

Let me give you an example. I felt the shot into Brittany Varner of Jonesboro, Arkansas, the moment it happened, because I had heard all that morning to pray for Varner, even though I didn't know any Varners. I felt the shot that hit her shoulder. I could tell you the whole thing, but it would take too long.

I also drew a picture of TWA 800 moments before it exploded. I have witnesses.

I also have used remote viewing to find buildings and people.

I correctly on ATS in another thread called out that there was going to be an earthquake, and there was. And it is still right here on ATS.

I have also correctly indicated where people had ouija boards hidden in their homes. Believe me, they were shocked when I pointed directly where they were at and said "you have a ouija board right there". Witnesses to this.

I have correctly identified spirits and entities in homes and places and said them by their names, to the surprise of the witnesses who later verified them.

One time when working with a paranormal investigation group in North Carolina, they called me one morning to tell me we were going to investigate a house. They did not tell me the name of the person neither did they tell me the town we were going to. In fact, that's how we operated to keep out any suggestions, so all day long I simply wrote down impressions given to me. That evening they picked me up and blindfolded me the whole trip so I would not be open to any suggestion. I walked in and handed the paper to the client, whom I had correctly identified in their home their blue kitchen, the elephant painting on their wall and the music playing on their radio when we walked in.

I think I know quite a bit about parapsychology.

The difference is, I don't divine. And I have many witnesses.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Using remote viewing, etc does not magically make you intimately familiar with the large body of parapsychological literature. If you were, you would know that everyone is psychic. It's just a matter of degree. And you would know that synchronicity is a psychic phenomenon.

In light of that, saying "if one really had real power of ESP or a sixth sense, they wouldn't need to divine anything, they would know it" makes no sense.

πŸ‘£

edit on 028ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Mazzaroth.

Astronomy vs Astrology.

oaks.nvg.org...

πŸ‘£

That's divination you're describing, sir. A universal common denominator in world religion. All systems of divination use an element of chance and synchronicity to reveal a higher will. Just because it was used to reveal the will of the God of the BIble, doesn't make it any different than, say, the I-ching.

My dear sir. That is telling a fortune. Binary or not makes no difference. You are trying to draw a distinction where none exists. All for the sake of obscuring a double-standard in the Bible.

πŸ‘£

The Bible is pro-sacrifice using fires and pro-children but they were pretty adamant that offering your baby to Molech was a bad thing.

The specifics of a thing are important.

But yes, divining the will of God IS divination. It's just that the high priest using the Urim and Thummim to divine God's will was not forbidden, Astrology was.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Using remote viewing, etc does not magically make you intimately familiar with the large body of parapsychological literature. If you were, you would know that everyone is psychic. It's just a matter of degree. And you would know that synchronicity is a psychic phenomenon.

πŸ‘£

And if you really knew that power, you would not have to divine.

Yes, everyone is to some degree, however you can't test everyone and not everyone proves accurate in everything. Again, divining is only your interpretation.

Sure, you can find water with a dowsing rod, but there may be other factors at play. And I don't practice magic, nothing makes you magically intimately and you are either going to work with the power that you have or you aren't and if you need to divine to prove you can, then maybe it is very little power.

There is no synchronicity in astrology. That is all human interpretation. Were there synchronicity in astrology then all systems would show the same thing. I think you just like to believe your interpretations are accurate.

Divining, no one can prove it works, it is all just human interpretation.

Oh, I don't go into trances either, I'm not like Edgar Cayce. BTW, just where is Atlantis again? And I don't do drugs, so it's not psychedelic nor shamanism.

But hey, if you think shuffling cards, reading tea leaves or staring into a mirror works for you, then by all means do so. I will continue to see what people try to.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Divination is divination.

In Genesis, it says "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years"

That's all I did. I observed the stars marking a sacred time.

πŸ‘£

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I don't think you understand how synchronicity works. You've had some success with RV and such, and it's gone straight to your head, Mr Ego.

πŸ‘£

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Mazzaroth.

Astronomy vs Astrology.

oaks.nvg.org...

πŸ‘£

πŸ‘£

The Bible is pro-sacrifice using fires and pro-children but they were pretty adamant that offering your baby to Molech was a bad thing.

The specifics of a thing are important.

But yes, divining the will of God IS divination. It's just that the high priest using the Urim and Thummim to divine God's will was not forbidden, Astrology was.

The High Priest also had to consult God in the Holy of Holies with a bell tied around his ankle in case he dropped dead. But they were directly consulting God and didn't need to look at the stars when doing so.

The Bible does call people seers, but the seers also had to say what God said. Seers didn't need divination, because they knew without divination. But there were seers who began speaking out of their own imaginations when they said the Assyrians would not attack...lo and behold, the Assyrians attacked.

I don't think people really know Molech, or Chemosh, as it was known in Moab. Maybe they don't know also why it was so horrible. When they threw the children into the fire belly of Molech, they played the drums so loud to drown out the cries of the children in pain. Then they engaged in sex orgies.

Molech goes by a new name today, but people are still sacrificing their children to this day. They distract themselves so they can't hear the pain of their children. Yes, that demonic entity is still taking children.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I don't think you understand how synchronicity works. You've had some success with RV and such, and it's gone straight to your head, Mr Ego.

πŸ‘£

LOL, well you should have divined a little more. I am a woman and no ego, I don't usually talk about this stuff but you were too interesting to pass up.

You really should get to know people more before you accuse them of having ego problems. Perhaps you can divine a little more and see exactly how I live.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Sorry, I only divine about things meaningful to me. That's how synchronicity works when it works (which is not always). Meaningful coincidence.

πŸ‘£

edit on 049ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Sorry, I only divine about things meaningful to me. That's how synchronicity works when it works (which is not always). Meaningful coincidence.

πŸ‘£

Funny how synchronicity works, eh? My brother who is Celtic Pagan has just reminded that tomorrow is the Solstice.

And you are pushing something that doesn't always work?
edit on 3/19/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

πŸ‘£

Funny how synchronicity works, eh? My brother who is Celtic Pagan has just reminded that tomorrow is the Solstice.

You mean the Equinox?

And you are pushing something that doesn't always work?

If you were half as familiar with the parapsychological literature as you pretend to be, you would know that no one has infallible psi that always works under any circumstances. No one has perfect psi on demand anytime anywhere not even you Ms Ego. There is a decline effect, there are hidden variables. Such as the fluctuations in the Earths magnetic field as well as physiological variables.

πŸ‘£

edit on 101ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

πŸ‘£

I have to say that you are a very funny read. You introduce Pisces as something to be taken as synchronicity, as though you are trying to prove the anti-Christ of Christian tradition through astrology, and by a system that is Greek, using the picture from some cultish group that claimed to be Christian.

Then you misconstrue Dreamtime and say you have magic dreams, and yet you need divination denying the very commandments against it, using the Greek interpretation.

Then you say I know nothing about parapsychology, which is merely the scientific study of the psychology of dead people, and then you say I have an ego problem because I have proven that one does not need divination.

Then on top of it, the very synchronicity that you promote, you say doesn't always work.

But hey, have fun with all of that. I am sure the eight people who agreed with you are looking for their yogi ascended master to teach them Greek astrology. And one that has even said the system he teaches doesn't always work.

I hope those eight people read that part.

PSSTT, eight people who starred the OP, he said it doesn't always work.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I have to say that you are a very funny read. You introduce Pisces as something to be taken as synchronicity, as though you are trying to prove the anti-Christ of Christian tradition through astrology, and by a system that is Greek, using the picture from some cultish group that claimed to be Christian.

I have to say you are a very cold read. For someone claiming to be warm.

The anti-Christ as most Christians conceive of it is very different than how I conceive of it. I'm not one for groupthink or orthodoxy.

Then you misconstrue Dreamtime and say you have magic dreams, and yet you need divination denying the very commandments against it, using the Greek interpretation.

Um, dreamtime is all about magic dreams Ms Ego. That is to say, shamanic/psychic dreams. Try looking past phraseology. That should be easy for a super-psychic.

Then you say I know nothing about parapsychology, which is merely the scientific study of the psychology of dead people, and then you say I have an ego problem because I have proven that one does not need divination.

Dead people?! Lol. Where did you learn about parapsychology? Ghostbusters?

www.parapsych.org...

Then on top of it, the very synchronicity that you promote, you say doesn't always work.

No human activity does.

Sorry we can't all be super-psychics like you, Ms Ego, who never needs a tool to know the will of God. But thanks for demonstrating that too much psi can inflate the ego without bestowing knowledge or wisdom. Maybe that's why Buddhist Monks warn that it can be a dangerous distraction on the way to enlightenment.

πŸ‘£

edit on 120Thursday000000America/ChicagoMar000000ThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I know it is probably a red herring to throw in at this juncture, but (according to the way I interpret things) AntiChrist is a dominion or rule.

The Great Beast (who also may be the "man of perdition"), the harlot "Mystery Babylon" and the false prophet are individuals within that system.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I know it is probably a red herring to throw in at this juncture, but (according to the way I interpret things) AntiChrist is a dominion or rule.

The Great Beast (who also may be the "man of perdition"), the harlot "Mystery Babylon" and the false prophet are individuals within that system.

No, thanks for throwing that in.

During dreams and visions, things take on symbolic form. The unconscious mind uses a picture-language. I believe that's the case here. The anti-Christ and related personages are symbols for perspectives, social forces, archetypes, etc. The industrial revolution, materialism, consumerism, cultural imperialism, scientific rationalism, and so on.

"Language is originally and essentially nothing but a system of signs or symbols, which denote real occurrences, or their echo in the human soul."

-Carl Jung

πŸ‘£

edit on 601FridayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruFridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join