It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI: Kraft recalls 6.5 million boxes of mac and cheese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Posting as a head's up to the members who may be consumers....

USA Today

NEW YORK (AP) — Kraft Foods is recalling about 6.5 million boxes of original flavor Kraft Macaroni & Cheese because some of the boxes contain small pieces of metal.

The boxes have "best when used by" dates ranging from Sept. 18, 2015 through Oct. 11, 2015 and are marked with the code "C2." They were sold throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, and in some countries in the Caribbean and South America.

The recall covers 7.25 ounce boxes that were sold individually and in packs of three, four and five. It covers 242,000 cases of the product.

Kraft Foods Group Inc. said Tuesday it is aware of eight incidents of consumers finding metal in the boxes, but hasn't been informed of any injuries. It says consumers shouldn't eat the macaroni and should return it to the store where it was purchased for a full refund.

If you are a Kraft M&Cheese consumer, check your stash...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I wonder how they got in there, article doesn't say. We Canadians are the top mac and cheese (kraft dinner in canada) consumers. Thanks for the warning

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

no worries here. velveeta shells>mac n cheese

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I buy annies if I'm dealing with the box...

Hasn't anyone here seen "how its made"?

A lot of boxed food places have metal detectors at the end of the line- metal detected in the box shuts down the line.... for a good reason.

It's mostly automated these days- a whole lot of machinery, not many humans. Something goes wrong somewhere along the line, and now you've got mechanical shrapnel going out the door- packaged.

Wonder how it got through.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up - I checked and I'm good.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I think you are on the right track...

my guess is a failure in the mac production portion... some machinery went ballistic and some product was packaged before the failsafe shut down production?

who knows... it's such a huge consumer product here in the US I wanted to let folks know in case they may be affected...

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

it's such a huge consumer product here in the US I wanted to let folks know in case they may be affected...

Appreciated!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up!
We were just about to purchase some tomorrow.
I'll let the store know if they have any bad stock on the shelves.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Good to know and thank you for taking the time. We most assuredly are going to check out our pantry tonight and check the codes on our stash.

Here is a short video and if you like skip to the 2:50 mark for the Kraft Dinner part.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

join