It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JESUSLAND

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
JESUSLAND
by Max Gordon
November 23, 2004

There is a thirteen-year-old boy in America who walks to school this morning. He believes he is a pervert because he is sexually attracted to a boy in his class. Undressing in the locker room for gym, he is terrified he will get an erection or his friends will notice him staring at the other boys and call him a homo.

At night, he lies in bed. He promised God he wouldn't look at pictures of naked men having sex anymore, but he did it again after school. As a punishment, he pinches his penis between his fingernails until he breaks the skin. He believes the pain is good for him. It is only a fraction of the pain that sinners feel when they go to hell, or what Jesus must have felt on the cross.

He sits in church on Sunday and knows the priest is referring to him: deviants whose unnatural desire will keep them from entering the Kingdom of God. When he takes communion, he prays that God will heal the sickness inside him and make him clean and perfect like his Son. He promises to try even harder not to sin than he's ever tried before.

To read the rest of this article go to americaforjesusland.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Two posts with nothing but a quote and a blogspot link, is this spam?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What a load of mule muffins. Jesusland? That's what Michael Moore calls the states that predominately voted for Bush. What has this to do with the persecution of homosexuals. Christianity does not condone the persecution of homosexuals, even if the homosexual acts are considered sinful. Denial of marital rights to same-sex couples does not constitute persecution.

I think even Oprah would pass on this sob story.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Very interesting read, it has been documented the horrors of some homosexuals go through before they come to the realization that what they are experiencing it has nothing to do with been evil or abnormal, society and religion does that to them.

Sad but truth.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Jesusland??? Some would say we have lost GOD all together in this once great nation... People let their NWO masters give them the arguement and both sides of the answers and you feel like you stand somewhere... This is a bullhockey arguement against Christianity and only serves to divide an already to divided nation... Point of Fact - Bush and Kerry did NOT differ on civil unions... Point of Fact - All Marriages are Civil Unions

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Christianity does not condone the persecution of homosexuals, even if the homosexual acts are considered sinful.

To quote the Pope recently.....

Pope Said

"Who destroys this fundamental fabric causes a profound injury to society and provokes often irreparable damage."

"These things that are presented as civilized progress or scientific conquests, in many cases are in fact a defeat for the dignity of human life and for society,"

Sounds sorta like persecution to me. IMO

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Pope Said

"Attacks on marriage and the family, from an ideological and legal aspect, are becoming stronger and more radical every day," the 84-year old pontiff said in the unusually strong statement.

"Who destroys this fundamental fabric causes a profound injury to society and provokes often irreparable damage."

This quote more accurately expresses the Pope's position and nowhere in this article is there anything condoning persecution of homosexuals.

Besides, I don't care what the Pope thinks about anything, even when I agree with him.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
UH, GP, isn't it christian law to kill sinners? Like witches, people who work on sunday, eat meat on tuesday, are gay, and anything else considered a sin? In the bible the punishment for any sin is death, and if gay is a sin, then sounds like you have to kill gays, which would be persecution, if you followed the bible.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
UH, GP, isn't it Christian law to kill sinners? Like witches, people who work on Sunday, eat meat on Tuesday, are gay, and anything else considered a sin? In the bible the punishment for any sin is death, and if gay is a sin, then sounds like you have to kill gays, which would be persecution, if you followed the bible.

No there is no law in the Bible that says: "Kill sinners". Matter of fact a quick search shows no verse that has the word Kill+Sinners.

But Christians follow what Jesus said, or rather they should:

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

Jhn 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

So that is what the Bible says. Homosexuality is a sin. But all people are sinners. They are not to be discriminated against. Not saying that there should be homosexual marriage. But if they want a "Civil Union" and all privileges associated with marriage....so be it.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think anyone who bases their 'national morality' on a highly selective set of quotes from Leviticus and some other parts of the Bible in 2004 is probably beyond reason.

Even amongst people who describe themselves as Christian these people are, thankfully, a minority.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This Jesusland word should be added to the list of banned words...........

Maybe instead of being paranoid, he should undress and if he has an erection, perhaps he should be telling them about a girl he was thinking about... Or hey, just tell the truth... This has nothing to do with the religious right...

This is his problem and his alone...

I love how people are always trying to blame others so they can take the responsibility off of themselves...

top topics

join