It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconstitutional red light camera help needed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hello ats,

I have just received a $158 red light ticket in Florida.

I was not the driver, I may know who the driver was.

The driver was still in the intersection on a left turn and was in the picture.

Has anyone dealt with this extortion racket?

In the fine print on the back of the ticket it says you must fill out their name and info.
I will not do this, it is against my principals.

I demand due process and I demand the proof be given before I bend over.
The camera is a far away shot and a license shot, no id can be made from it.

Does anyone know how to deal with these punks?

If I have to pay a dollar, I will be bringing out my cordless sawzall and demo blades.

Any insight is helpful.
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Edit

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I had this happen to me in DC. I couldn't fight the ticket because my brother looks enough like me that they were aware I knew who the driver was and, unless you tell them who deserves the ticket you have to pay. The kicker was " you don't need to fight it, no points go on your license ". They know its a scam.

ETA; call the number and see if customer service knows what to do.
edit on 17-3-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

well just like auto accidents, the car owner is responsible for anything that the car does. this includes parking ticket, spped camera traps, Arial speed traps, red light cameras. also when preforming a left turn you are not supposed to be in the intersection but at the white line prior to intersection. so if there was a cop on every corner said driver would have gotten a ticket anyway. we ask for safer streets and a cop on every corner, so they install cameras everywhere and now "we" cry foul.

personally i would say pay the ticket and get the cash from this phantom driver who was driving a car with your licence plates.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Great...
If I get extorted, I am going to be forced to get even. These things are unconstitutional.
I read that Florida was low on cash and the cam company from Arizona swooped in and lobbied for them.
I am going to see about class action lawsuits, or pro bono, or maybe even law student type interest. I am sick of getting scammed by this crappy state.

I already owe $300 because I was going 9 over on the expressway, which is slow down here, and a FHP was hiding right at the speed drop sign. I pulled over for my ticket, only to run over a 1/4" wrench that went through my tire.

I am pretty much done investing in this state. They can keep it.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Hello ats,

I have just received a $158 red light ticket in Florida.

I was not the driver, I know may who the driver was.

The driver was still in the intersection on a left turn and was in the picture.

Has anyone dealt with this extortion racket?

In the fine print on the back of the ticket it says you must fill out their name and info.
I will not do this, it is against my principals.

I demand due process and I demand the proof be given before I bend over.
The camera is a far away shot and a license shot, no id can be made from it.

Does anyone know how to deal with these punks?

If I have to pay a dollar, I will be bringing out my cordless sawzall and demo blades.

Any insight is helpful.

You can try this...

Two judges in FL toss out Red Light Tickets

Source

"We made the argument that the program was an improper delegation of police power because the videos were being sent out of state for employees of American Traffic Solutions to do the screening," said Ted Hollander, an attorney with Ticket Clinic. He said the firm has challenged the program for more than four years on behalf of clients.

American Traffic Solutions, a vendor based in Arizona, reviewed videos captured by traffic cameras in Broward County before forwarding them to local police for ticketing. State law mandates that only law enforcement can issue violations.

"You can't enforce one law and break another, which is what these cities have been doing for the better part of four years now." Hollander said.

Try that argument and see where it gets you. Can't hurt anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Tickets issued due to red-light cameras are illegal, says Florida court
An appeals court decides that in Florida, private companies that operate red-light cameras have no right to send out tickets.

"The City is not authorized to delegate police power by entering into a contract that allows a private vendor to screen data and decide whether a violation has occurred before sending that data to a traffic infraction enforcement officer to use as the basis for authorizing a citation."

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I saw a bumper sticker just yesterday urging you to boycot the police speedtraps.

Basically the text was something like (translated from Danish):

Boycot police speedtraps.
Drive according to rules.

That's how I have avoided any tickets in 30 years of driving. Quite easy when you think about it.

edit on 17-3-2015 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowman22

well just like auto accidents, the car owner is responsible for anything that the car does. this includes parking ticket, spped camera traps, Arial speed traps, red light cameras. also when preforming a left turn you are not supposed to be in the intersection but at the white line prior to intersection. so if there was a cop on every corner said driver would have gotten a ticket anyway. we ask for safer streets and a cop on every corner, so they install cameras everywhere and now "we" cry foul.

personally i would say pay the ticket and get the cash from this phantom driver who was driving a car with your licence plates.

I hear what you are saying, but the big picture to this money grab is bs and illegal.
It is up to the city to provide the burden of proof, not me. It is not my job to find the proper suspect for them.
This is against my right to remain silent, and right to due process.
I am not willing to bend over for anyone.
The easy way out is what they want.
Not what I will deliver. There are quite a few videos on youtube beating them, it's a process for sure.

The back of the ticket blatantly lies about your options. I will be sending a notarized letter of intent to plea not guilty and take it to trial if needed.

Never sign the back of the ticket with your response, it is an admission of guilt.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Thanks Anyafaj.. This is the stuff I'm looking for.
I refuse to get bullied.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Pay the fine.
Go to the driver and ask him/her to pay you for the traffic violation that you had to pay for.
Surely it is within your constitutional right to demand recompense?

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Anyafaj

Thanks Anyafaj.. This is the stuff I'm looking for.
I refuse to get bullied.

Thank Fark.com, it just now happened to pop up, so when I saw your plea I thought to share it with you. Good luck dear. I agree, you shouldn't have to do their job for them.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2
I saw a bumper sticker just yesterday urging you to boycot the police speedtraps.

That's how I have avoided any tickets in 30 years of driving. Quite easy when you think about it.

I don't care if your doing bumps off of a dead hooker, you still deserve your rights.
I don't do the work for the police either.
I will go down kicking and screaming in a hail of gunfire before I submit.
Why are the people needing protection from the people they pay?
Quit easy when you think about it.

(post by Mandroid7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Go to court. Order the camera summoned so you can face your accuser. Ask detailed questions and 'object' a lot.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2

I don't care if your doing bumps off of a dead hooker, you still deserve your rights.
I don't do the work for the police either.
I will go down kicking and screaming in a hail of gunfire before I submit.
Why are the people needing protection from the people they pay?
Quit easy when you think about it.

Well phrased. I'm sure your ManCard just got renewed.

Have you thought about it another way?
That the protection from the ticket that you provide for the culprit is in fact a way of telling him/her that being stupid in traffic is OK.

I see stupid drivers every day when driving to work. Where I might have some leniency towards driving slightly over (like the rest), I have little patience with idiots bullying their way through traffic. And entering an intersection knowing that you can't exit before the other drivers has a green light is perhaps one of the worst offences when it comes to keeping that traffic flowing.

Driving is not a game of chance as many people seem to think.
It is a game of skills.
Where you, and your fellow drivers all work together to get the traffic to benifit all. Not just yourself.

So holding on to your "constitutional right" to not grass on him/her is fine. It is the way you earn to pay the fine. It is also the way you define your intentions to protect idiots. Or are you afraid to ask for the money?

(post by jackjoedoe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

My man card?

The constitution is no joke and obviously stupid driver suck. What exactly is your point? Are you just on here to tell me what a do-gooder you are.

There is nothing worse than your rights being slowly taken from you. Well, maybe the person who says "oh, its cool, its for safety, or what do I care, I have nothing to hide?"

Read up a little bit on the cameras in Fl if you wanna see what these thieves have been up to.
Shortening yellow lights below the federal minimum at cam corners etc, etc...

Your passive attitude is why we live in a police state.

And no, I am not scared to ask for the money, i am protecting the driver. If you would have actually read what I wrote, before you commented on how good you were, you would have noticed the light changed in the middle of the intersection at a left turn in traffic.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Go to court. Order the camera summoned so you can face your accuser. Ask detailed questions and 'object' a lot.

10-4, thanks
Looks like the route I will be taking.
Drag it on, drag it out.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join