It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hmmm....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Anyone else think it's a little curious how many actual coup and revolts are currentoy taking place? Human rights aside cuz that's an argument in itself, from south America to Europe seems a little strange that major wishy washy countries are having all their government come under pressure. Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Been happening for at least 2 centuries continuously across the board.

As Confucius said to Socrates;

S# happens!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm talking about timeframe I wasn't speculating, 3000 years ago come on. And like I said no speculation on human rights conflicts that really narrows it down.
edit on 5310832015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thNovember
Anyone else think it's a little curious how many actual coup and revolts are currentoy taking place? Human rights aside cuz that's an argument in itself, from south America to Europe seems a little strange that major wishy washy countries are having all their government come under pressure. Any thoughts?

Give us the stats and you have a hell of a thread.

How many right now are happeneing?

Compare that to 5,10 20 50 years ago?

I do not know myself but with some facts and figures it has merit.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Have to remember communism was running rampant 20-30 years ago I'm talking about 99 and after since I need to be specific.. and once again no human rights issues. This is in rant I don't need to post sources.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is the case when social media comes into the mix. We have more access to more information than ever before and we can access it and share it instantly with thousands of other people with the click of a button. We are becoming aware of the true state of the world because the internet has connected us to one another. Instead of hearing a biased viewpoint from a news outlet, we can hear what's REALLY happening from people right in the middle of it.
edit on 3/15/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Maybe its because coups and revolts tend to inspire other coups and revolts and when one happens it can inspire others to question their circumstances. So maybe there may be none for ages and when one domino falls many more tumble in quick succession.

Just my theory

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is the case when social media comes into the mix. We have more access to more information than ever before and we can access it and share it instantly with thousands of other people with the click of a button. We are becoming aware of the true state of the world because the internet has connected us to one another. Instead of hearing a biased viewpoint from a news outlet, we can hear what's REALLY happening from people right in the middle of it.

Also this!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
postin' fever overtook me!
sorry
edit on 21u03pm346 E09 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thank you a progressive post finally! I agree the allowance of mass communication is a big factor in what we actually can prove is going on, I look forward to more of these posts got me thinking.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh

Another valid point! Good on ya almost a monkey see monkey do theory! I like it.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

There are always revolts/and or coups about something, they are mostly governments inspired anyway, and even if not, governments will attempt advantage by using agent provocateurs, whether in their own country or outside.
No matter what..you are owned by a government like it or not.
edit on 15-3-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thNovember

I think a timeline is necassary in the sense that you questioned is it a "little curious how many are taking place currently"...

My point is they've always been taking place, consistently worldwide...

So I am not at all curious.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Have to remember communism was running rampant 20-30 years ago I'm talking about 99 and after since I need to be specific.. and once again no human rights issues. This is in rant I don't need to post sources.

I understand that put posting in the rant section changes nothing.

All I asked was if you had some reasoning for your question. With some background we could formulate some combined answers.

If you have no background a good place is the skunkworks, thats where we can just guess about things.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Rant specifies opinion I was not leaning towards an answer just what you think based off my initial post. It's not a thesis or claiming facts you do know what a rant is right?
edit on 5310932015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

edit on 5310932015vAmerica/Chicago03bAmerica/Chicago by 5thNovember because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Rant specifies opinion I was not leaning towards an answer just what you think based off my initial post. It's not a thesis or claiming facts you do know what a rant is right?

Thats why I asked.

In order to have an opinion I would need to know if the amount of activity is far higher than usual, thats why I asked.

Not complaining simply asking for reasons to agree with you.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I'm not asking you to agree with anything, that's the flaw I'm posting my opinion and what other have to say don't care about facts just what you think I do appreciate your post nonetheless!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'm talking about timeframe I wasn't speculating, 3000 years ago come on. And like I said no speculation on human rights conflicts that really narrows it down.

Charlie is right, and more to the point, human rights are part and parcel of it. Do you think you have an empirical right to own your house, your car whatever, because you paid for it..if so think again.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Then you clearly didn't read my post I don't want speculation of human rights there can't be chemical weapons can be proven war crimes can be proven if I was looking for fact I would have posted in an appropriate forum. All posts appreciated nonetheless!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Russia (maybe)

Ukraine

Venezuelan

Brazil

Syria

Iraq

Egypt

Libya

Somalia

Yemen