It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Charged With Murdering Her Best Friend With Slow Cooker During Political Argument:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Woman Charged With Murdering Her Best Friend
With Slow Cooker During Political Argument

There's a reason we shouldn't be talking about religion and politics in polite company. It stirs passions and strong emotions. For one Michigan woman, those emotions and a slow cooker ended the argument with the murder of her best friend.
A Detroit woman was ordered Thursday to stand trial in the killing of her friend beaten with a slow cooker after the two argued about politics.

Tewana Sullivan, 50, who is charged with murder, cried at her preliminary hearing as she heard graphic details about the fatal Oct. 22 assault on Cheryl Livy, 66, with a kitchen appliance.

Oakland County Medical Examiner Dr. Ljubisa Dragovic testified before Livonia District Judge Sean Kavanagh that Livy died of blunt force injuries to her head, face and mid-back.

Livy also had defensive injuries to the back of her hands where it appears she tried to protect herself, Dragovic testified.
crooksandliars.com...

I wonder how many people here would like to kill their friend or a fellow ATS member over a debate on who should or should not be president, why do we get so upset over a bunch of really rich people trying to rule the world that we turn on each other.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It takes a special kind of someone to beat someone to death with a crock pot.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Don't do politics in a bar at family gatherings ex Christmas, Thanksgiving etc, it always ends badly.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

This isn't the only case where a simple argument turns into someone being murdered. These people must have some unresolved issues to let their emotions take over and physically kill someone. Now she'll probably spend the rest of her life behind bars over a stupid disagreement about politics.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Why do I get the feeling that one was attacking Obama and his policies and the other defending him and his policies. I'd bet my left nut that the one who did the murdering was defending.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Sick it reminds me of a clip from no country for old men, " I guess there TV was broken".

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I would never use my crock pot for that! By the way....just curious,how long did it take her to die?

second line

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
well, now crock pots will be next on the banned list
say goodbye to slow coked ribs....

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Okay I'm going to do it. Ban all crockpots now !!!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Why do I get the feeling that...

Only you can answer that!

Are you willing to?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm more of a cast-iron skillet type when it comes to bludgeoning people with cook ware over political disagreements.
Jeesh.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm gonna beat you about the head and shoulders with MY crockpot

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Next thing you know they'll be calling for a ban on all toasters.

Warning some graphic language. ( A couple F bombs towards the end)

edit on 15-3-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: HomerinNC

Next thing you know they'll be calling for a ban on all toasters.

Warning some graphic language. ( A couple F bombs towards the end)

A toaster in a pillow case is a brutally effective weapon.
Read Steven King's 'The Langoliers.'

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I could take another life without thought if it became truly necessary but to beat somebody to death over an argument, something that happens all the time should remind us all that we have a long ways to go before we are truly ready for the technology we are currently wielding.

Its down right scary sometimes.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

3-4 hours on medium heat.

Stirring occasionally.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Do you remember when you used to be able to have a conversation with your friend or neighbor about just about anything, sitting on the front porch in the rocking chairs with a couple of beers?

Now, if there's a disagreement, you're likely to be shot, or murdered by some other means.

America has NEVER been this divided on EVERY single issue, even at the time of the Civil War.

The USA is in a very, very dangerous place right now, and Americans are too blinded by their belief in their side of the issue (ANY issue) that they're not even willing to have a discussion with their neighbor anymore.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Crack pot kills with a crock pot ...

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So was she for or against Obama?

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Crack pot kills with a crock pot ...

I'd go with 'Crackpot Crackhead Cracks Head With Crock Pot.'
I wonder if the crock pot was in use at the time.
That would make for an odd juxtaposition of savory aroma and murder scene.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join