It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired admiral: Michelle O’s School Lunch Rules Needed For ‘National Security’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just let fat people serve if they want to. I don't see the issue with doing that, maybe they'd shed a few pounds.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
National security is a bit of an umbrella term, but this logic is rather simple, I don't know why people are trippin'. Think of how many enlistees we have, and how many we could prepare if need be. Look at the childhood obesity problem, childhood diabetes, heck children are even getting strokes now. That's just ridiculous. I do think we could do better than just going after school lunches, but it's a start. It's also a shame that the program didn't call for a diet that would actually do some good. You go too far with school lunches, and people are going to scream she's Satan's daughter or something else utterly ridiculous. God forbid we actually try to sharpen people up... I mean that's just trying to take away people's freedoms and totalitarian, errr something... Get a grip, people.
edit on 14-3-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We had a lot of PE when I was a yoot. Way more than I would have wanted.

My kids didn't have nearly as much of that. But they were hyperactive so it sort of balanced out.

Maybe they need to crank it back up. I think exercise and good food is better than starvation. It's not going to be particularly good for national security if your recruits are all mangy wormy gangrels with rickets, either.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
I'm really torn on this. I do yoga with my kids and take them to play ball but, I know they need to interact with other children. I also think that teachers or coaches or whoever may just have more patience interacting with children.

I have gotten to the yelling point many times doing yoga when my boys fight. That totally kills my motivation. That doesn't mean that I don't think you are right in that parents give their children their own habits. I hope I'm giving my children good habits I don't even have!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
Just let fat people serve if they want to. I don't see the issue with doing that, maybe they'd shed a few pounds.

You don't really have time, if they're grossly obese.

Maybe you could have SIP programs, though, sort of like RIP/RASP, only for pre-recruits.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Balanced diet, and more exercise will do more to combat obesity, than the junk diet they are trying to force on kids.

If you don't eat right you end up starving your body which means it burns fat last...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In the glorious new people's republic, everything will be a national security concern.

From what we watch, to what we eat, drink, smoke, wear, live.

Government is much smarter and better at deciding for you than you are.

Embrace the freedom from responsibility!

THAT WAS AN ORDER.

EMBRACE THE FREEDOM FROM RESPONSIBILITY. (think of the children)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
In the glorious new people's republic, everything will be a national security concern.

From what we watch, to what we eat, drink, smoke, wear, live.

Government is much smarter and better at deciding for you than you are.

Embrace the freedom from responsibility!

THAT WAS AN ORDER.

EMBRACE THE FREEDOM FROM RESPONSIBILITY. (think of the children)

Another license plate in the making...

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
Yup can't have the cannon fodder unfit for the meat grinder!!!!

What if the rightius holy America has to invade Iran or Syria!

You won't have a supply of fit willing idiots to send in like Vietnam.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I consider this countries wars a threat to national security. Maybe they could stop the wars then they won't have to worry as much about what our kids weigh.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I consider this countries wars a threat to national security. Maybe they could stop the wars then they won't have to worry as much about what our kids weigh.

Yup, I'll take fat little cherubs in peace time over fit and ready soldiers for war any day.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The US is really run by the military - people just don't believe it. Why else is so much money go to the military. Why else are endless military actions engaged by the military.

Since when does the country care about it's average citizen. The people who are important are corporations.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Obviously, the CA/PO guys need to drum up a bit of the old propaganda here.

When I was a kid in the mid to late 60s, we had to do this President Kennedy Fitness core curriculum, and it was a real chore. But a lot of us yearned for that patch, although I'm not sure anyone ever got it.

It seems obvious the DoD needs to push a new, shiny, youth-attractive fitness program, and do it with a multi-modal attack. Stroke Dr Dre and Kanye's palms with silver and get some rap music making fun of sloppy people with fat butts. Toss in a few movies and facebook posts, and pretty soon we could push Crossfit into the schools, where it should be, and the kids would fight to be in it.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The left is tossing out their military offal to back their ideas:www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

BANKS run it all,the military is just another tool,an expensive one but none the less a tool.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Our government can remove any banker, any time. Bankers get to have the money but they don't have all the power. The real power brokers are above money.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well I wouldn't comply with this at all, period.

Have 3 thin boys, 1 slim but stronger, and 1 very much overweight. And we took the two youngest to the dietician, the youngest was on a "put whipped cream on ice cream before bed, and cupcakes in the morning" by his doctor, as he has a swallowing disorder and is very thin. The second oldest is the overweight one.

Dietician said he should never feel bad about himself and while striving to eat healthy, and make dates to eat junk food, not to diet, it doesn't work, your body starts to require less calories, (this is the dietician!) and then you put on your weight again, sometimes more. To eat healthy, and get some excercise, and accept yourself as wonderful just the way your are.

This crap is caused by their GMO, by their radiation, by their poverty diet for everyone, and corn syrup.

Her lunch will diminish health and metabolism and create more overweight.

And the military can stay the hell out of people's fridges and families.

The only reason he thinks this a national security issue is that since ww2, they haven't told us that they're conducting an all out war on the population of this planet, and we're enemy, and they're killing us with food, with radiation, GMO's.

Because we'd tar and feather them and then nard them into shark infested waters if they coughed up the truth.

In any case, Michele is now on a big slide down the snake to the hellzones, because thats evil, and she/he is not off any hooks. The IOU's are mounting, that is where you harm, enslave, disempower, diminish, anyone else, and take away their own wishes. The dreams they came to do, the projects they want to have the funds and abilities to lift off the ground.

she's going to wear it, and it won't be a happy time.

Everyone is responsible for not only not harming others, but for blocking their happiness and development.

And parents have to say , NO!!!!! And not cooperate.

Me, I open my big mouth and stand up to people, though a hermit, have done it often and will continue, and I never obey bad orders, but give them the lecture of their lives, about what a hero or zero is, and that we're sovereign
edit on 14-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

So, I wonder if this will, for the first time in a western country, result in a child not being able to eat their fill at one of our three meals a day.

Is this concern about obesity just an excuse to move the parents along and the state take over the upbringing of the nations kids. Teaching kids to see the state as their protector and provider over their parents might be the objective.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

National Security could refer to many aspects of this. Obesity is bad, now the Gov. is footing the bill for many health insurance. Show the children where the power is before they are too old and they will be used to thes type of restrictions and open and willing to continue to take more.

Is there anything out there restricting kids from bringing their own lunches? Do teachers get to inspect what is brought in through a paper bag sack lunch? Do schools display the nutritional value of the food they serve, or display all ingredients? I want to be a teacher just so I have access to teach the kids what is really happening. Flying Zombies and human/dinosaur genetical mutation. All because vaccines and school food.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You have a career military man saying fat kids have no use in the military. They don't.
That he finds this troublesome. You think that this IMPLIES something other than what is clearly stated.
One in three 18 y/os are fat pigs.

Then because the health and suitability of children fed crap causes this (along with their lazy butts and inadequate parenting) to be exaggerated and that it can be somewhat averted by a concerted effort to improve ONE meal which the government is RESPONSIBLE for, you see this as an infringement on 'rights'.

I AM MUCH CONCERNED BY GOVERNMENTAL INTERVENTION THAT IS NOT WARRANTED.
How can anyone consider this as a conspiratorial, unneeded action by the agencies who have control over the expenditures for food, the preparation and pricing of a freaking lunch?.
Since the moderators would have to intervene if I gave my full venting of my disdain, I shant. But if you honestly think that this issue is of concern because of overreach by any of the participants in providing food to children, you really have little to contribute.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join