It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayweather-Pacquiao

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This is a huge fight. Would love to see it live but no way am I paying $100 for it. Should be a good fight and I hope Pacquiao wins.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

$100?

You can watch it ive on TV/Internet.

I havn't watched a Boxing Match since I don't know when but I think i'll tune in to this one... I have noted it in my Calendar!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
would have been a hugh fight a few years ago, but its just two big names looking for a very large pay check to retire on. none the less i'll still watch it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Huge boxing fan, and I've picked Mayweather long before this fight was even rumored 6-7 years ago.

He's too slick and too good for Pacquiao, he'll catch Manny every time he comes in.

Yes, the fight should have happened a few years ago, but it's still the biggest fight in boxing history - Certainly in the last 30-40 years anyway.

Mayweather on points, book it.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i agree it woulda been the best fight ever 7-8 years ago
Not now though thanks to Mayweather stalling.

But still, it should be a classic, no doubt.

Mayweather on points

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Capitalsource

Just wish Mayweather didn't stall this fight for so long.

Makes me thing he is scared of paq.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Man-ny...Man-ny...Man-ny.....

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Just wish Mayweather didn't stall this fight for so long.

Makes me thing he is scared of paq.

We could go back and forward about who stalled it.

If Manny had agreed to the drug testing, it could have happened 4/5 years ago.

Floyd is all about his legacy, he would never take the fight if he thought he'd lose.

I really hope Floyd goes and knocks him out. As strange as it sounds, i actually think Floyd is underrated - Because of how loud and brash he is, people tend to ignore just how good he is. He's one of the best defensive fighters to ever live, and arguably the greatest counter puncher there ever was.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Capitalsource
He's one of the best defensive fighters to ever live, and arguably the greatest counter puncher there ever was.

Errr. Not seeing it but I've been spoiled by GREAT boxers in my time. IMO the best fighter I've seen was Sugar Ray Leonard.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I have to disagree on it being the biggest fight ever. Or even the last 30-40 years. Leonard-Hagler, Hagler-Hearns, Holyfield-Tyson, Whitaker-Chavez...there were bigger fights.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

I have to disagree on it being the biggest fight ever. Or even the last 30-40 years. Leonard-Hagler, Hagler-Hearns, Holyfield-Tyson, Whitaker-Chavez...there were bigger fights.

It's the biggest fight in terms of global reach - Without a doubt.

Everyone always has their take on what the best or biggest fight is, but without question more people will watch Mayweather v Pacquiao then any other fight in history.

Intrepid - Sugar Ray was incredible. Dare i say it, Mayweather is like a modern day Leonard. Both incredible counter punchers.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

You forgot 'Eubanks v Benn'

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think it's a close match.

Mayweather - Never Lost.
Very good counter puncher and has excellent evading footwork
Longer reach than Manny
Protecting a undefeated legacy

Manny - Has more fights under his belt.
- Has had more wins than Mayweather
- Stronger
- Faster
- More diverse technicality wise with his striking and footwork.
- Stronger desire to win.

Personally I think Manny is going to decimate Mayweather. Manny's a better fighter. His interest is still in fighting, Mayweather seems like all he cares about is himself and his money.

Mayweather has never lost a bout that says something is fishy with the bouts he chooses to enter. As if he'd never enter a match against someone who could defeat him. He's been ducking Manny's offers to fight for a while now, seems like he knows Manny's the better fighter.

Manny has lost before. That also gives him an advantage against Mayweather, you learn more form loosing than from winning.

Mayweather could get a good KO in with his counter punching. Mayweather likes to set the pace, most counter strikers do. Bide your time and wait for the right moment when the opponent screws up and wham.

Manny likes to blast in with a flurry of strikes which means many will be setting the pace and putting Mayweather on the defensive the entire time throwing a lot of his game plan out the window. It's also easy to counter a single punch or a simple combo like mayweather is accustomed to. Manny will be blitzing him non stop after the first round looking to overload him. If mayweathers side step/slip and counter gets bogged down by Manny's relentless onslaught he will run out of options footwork wise.

If neither manage to TKO or KO their opponent then it will go to who is more aggressive and landed more strikes. Manny will be throwing a lot more than Mayweather. So the points should go in his favor. Manny is also the more aggressive of the two so that will score in his favor too.

To me Manny will win.

Besides Mayweather hangs out with Justin beiber...no real warrior would ever do that...a punk that picks his fights and won't step up to the plate when a real challenger come along would though.
edit on 30-4-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Come on Pacman!

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Im not a fan of Mayweather, but I don't think anyone in his weight class can beat him... or even come close for that matter...

Hes gonna own mani... I thought he had a chance a while back, until his recent couple losses

Cocky little prick, but he's a damn good fighter... too fast for Mani

edit on 30-4-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Millions of dumb founded imbeciles are $100.00 more broke than they were Saturday morning after getting duped by Floyd Mayweather.

Trust me, I know a few of them. Floyd is laughing all the way to the bank. It was the same old song and dance, him running away for 12 rounds.

If you want to see true combat, watch The UFC. At least you will get your money's worth. "Boxing is dead" -Nietzsche

~$heopleNation
edit on 4-5-2015 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The fight happened a few days ago. I remember at work everybody was exited for it, dont know why, could have told them how it would go down. And did, all the people who payed for it probably feel riped off right about now. Mayweather is a good boxer no doupt, but he is a better salesman then that. In all mayweather is a very good counterboxer whos main startagy is to stay away and dodge as many punches as he can and do whatever it takes to not fight back till the other guy becomes infureated and makes huge mistakes.

In boxing at that weight class with those gloves its the perfect strategy, # the dam gloves are as big as his head, its like he has pillows straped to his hands and it not likely that even straight shoots from pacman will be glanced off his gloves, I mean no doupt he is a great counterfighter. If your a straight up attacker like pac is you will always be at a disadvantage when fighting fighters like mayweather, simply because of style match ups.

The truth is that style while effective that mayweather has, does only really work at that weightclass and with those boxing gloves on. At a higher weight class it will not work simply because of the power and really just the boddy shoots alone will slow him to eventually catch him. Pac may be a great boxer but he does not have the weight behind him do that much damage to a fighter like may weather.

The whole thing was hyped to death and posponed till now simply because of the $$$ it would make. Really these two should have fought 10 years ago, and fought 3 more times since then. The whole thing is just a waste of time and all hype. I was even going to watch it, but from all I heard it went down exactly like I called to my coworkers who are boxing and pac fans.

Really if pac wanted to win, what he had to do is not engage mayweather, in fact dance around the ring the firest few rounds and just play a fool on his ass. Mayweather will in no way no how engage unless he thinks he has the advantage or to try to get the guy on the offensive so he can play his game. Basically do the same thing he does to his opponents, infuriate him by doing nothing and running away the first few rounds or as many rounds as it takes, after which when the crowd starts booing and he still is there and pac is dancing around/making a fool of him, he will likely come in out of his game somewhat, and then pac can go on the offensive and will likely catch him. But the way these fighters have been fighting mayweather is basically just playing along with what he wants.

I was thinking of watching the fight just for the show, but really whats the point. But I beat some people are felling pretty stupid again about buying this PPV 100$ or whatever it is show, they got hoodwinked once again by the hype of it all, may as well go watch ballet or a movie it will be more entertaining and more real.

new topics

top topics

join